Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (23/12/09) (Possible snow in south and east later)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

One thing is for certain, after several hours of rain/sleet/snow and with temps well below freezing almost everywhere, driving condition tonight and tomorrow in the southeast, midlands and east will be absolutely treacherous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

how low is possible tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Just seen the lady on sky news reading headlines on the papers
    One paper said the cold spell will last till MARCH! lol
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

irish1967 wrote: »
    tandd.jpg

LOL! Go Torville and Dean! Woohoo! I knew they still had it in em!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

leahyl wrote: »

Naa, they always have that facial expression when they are skating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

owenc wrote: »
    good one they closed the two roads to limavady and vice versa here because the snow was that deep on the mountain..... since its not been on the news you have no idea what its like here! and that mountains only 300m high........
    U should take some photos!
    Thats sounds nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 burkieboy

Hi guys upgrade on precipitation in the south i think dew points will be fine away from the coast not saying that some coastal areas will get snow.

You deserve it down there must of you have been on this forum since the start of last week so i hope to god you all get plastered:D:D

ch750536 wrote: »
    Naa, they always have that facial expression when they are skating.

haha:D

Come on snow come to Cork City PRETTY please....very dull and misty/foggy here - light rain

Cork airports temp has dropped from +1 to 0 in the last half hour and the dewpoint has gone down to -1c

Although it's at 580ft asl I think,it's still very interesting that this is happening as it was reporting rain earlier.
    Those temps would support snow.
    The city at lower levels would still be rain though.

Cork airports temp has dropped from +1 to 0 in the last half hour and the dewpoint has gone down to -1c

Although it's at 580ft asl I think,it's still very interesting that this is happening as it was reporting rain earlier.

Thanks Black Briar you've given me more hope:) fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

Raining in Cork southside again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Come on Cork.. you can do it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

Where can I get the most recent temp for Cork Airport?

Leeside wrote: »
    Raining in Cork southside again.

Rain rain or sleety rain?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Pangea wrote: »
    U should take some photos!
    Thats sounds nice!

lol i cant all i have is a crappy dusting of snow on the ground but loads on the grass which has lasted since saturday night..... but itll melt today even if it is below 0c..... anyway.. the mountains got loads of snow ill be going over there today butll be plowed over so itll not be snowy...:mad: anyway -5/6c last night maybe well get -10c tonight??????:D

Easy on ! It confuses me when you get all technical ! :):)

irish1967 wrote: »
    Easy on ! It confuses me when you get all technical ! :):)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Mad to see it at -7c at 9am in Mullingar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

morning all - currently -.9 DP - 2.7 ... Crispy white still - day 4

well it seems dry where i am and i'm also on the southside:confused:!! It was misty for a while/VERY light rain but it seems to be gone - although i may be mistaken cos the windows in my office are sort of built into the building if you know what i mean so i can't put my hand out and feel for rain! But it doesn't LOOK like it's raining!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Fog here and still freezing. Snow is back to about an inch or so. If this keeps up I mightn't be the only one having pizza for Christmas dinner.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Leeside wrote: »
    Where can I get the most recent temp for Cork Airport?

I use this http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/EICK.html as it updates every half hour and gives you dew point.

K-9 wrote: »
    Fog here and still freezing. Snow is back to about an inch or so. If this keeps up I mightn't be the only one having pizza for Christmas dinner.

As long as I get to see the special at 6pm on BBC1 Christmas day I don't care where I am !! THE MASTER IS BACK !!:D

K-9 wrote: »

Ah dont worry we will post you a turkey sambo :D:D Id be more worried about Santa getting there ...

Looks like it will be only getting briefly milder over Christmas, the 06Z GFS run has us right back to -6 on Monday.

jenzz wrote: »
    Ah dont worry we will post you a turkey sambo :D:D Id be more worried about Santa getting there ...

Oh shoot i forgot - Santa:eek: what's he gonna do??!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Eh, but isn't he from the North Pole? He'd be use to these conditions:D

We just had that conversation here at the brekkie table - Supposidly ME (mammy) is so stupid - Santas bloody magic Ma !!! - Yep the 6 yr old has just put me back in my box on that matter :eek::eek::eek:

Defcol wrote: »
    Eh, but isn't he from the North Pole? He'd be use to these conditions:D

Oh ya but the cold weather in Ireland is much harsher than the North Pole don't ya know;).....:rolleyes:!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Typical, wife just rang, we are out of heating oil, not sure how I let this slip. And the oil company might have difficulty with delivery due to the roads around where we live.

Looks like some trees might be falling in Offaly this evening to keep my house warm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement