Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (23/12/09) (Possible snow in south and east later)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

im back - dont get the vomiting bug whatever you's do !!

So wheres the precip all gone ??? nada here - temp 6.1 - DP .2 WTF ????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

jenzz wrote: »
    im back - dont get the vomiting bug whatever you's do !!

So wheres the precip all gone ??? nada here - temp 6.1 - DP .2 WTF ????

It all went to Liverpool Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Pretty much a dry day down here in Kerry, but no thaw during the day at all, so a lot of minor roads are still pretty slippery. Even the canal outside Tralee emptying into Tralee bay is frozen over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

whitemocha wrote: »
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ check out the red blob over balbriggin anyone live there????

Not Balbriggan but near enough in East Meath. Just raining here at the moment and it has actually cleared away the frost/ice that was in my driveway all day.

Brilliant photos Su Campu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Hi Gang,

Not so cold today in West Limerick. Minor roads are still pretty lethal in places with no real thaw in certain areas.

Snow shower this evening in Co. Cork but only a few minutes worth.

Not too cold here in Limerick tonight and lack of rain today means that things shouldn't worsen overnight.

• Advertisement

Su Campu wrote: »
    Seeing as I've seen SFA snow so far, this afternoon I flew from Weston to the Mullingar area. I planned on going up to Leitrim etc but got delayed so Mullingar was as far as I could get.

As I passed Kinnegad I found the landscape turn more and more white, with visually no thaw all day (this was at 2pm). It was amazing to see some small lakes frozen solid, and some larger ones starting to freeze around the edges.

Below are some photos of Mullingar and Lough Owel areas (taken from 6,500 and 3,000ft)

Please post those in the Weather pictures sub-forum too. They are too good to lose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Rougies wrote: »
    It all went to Liverpool Airport.

Saw that on the radar - also saw Evelyn giving it socks for christmas day... snow ???? precip hitting the cold - that will basicly be half the country getting a white christmas ........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Saw that on the radar - also saw Evelyn giving it socks for christmas day... snow ???? precip hitting the cold - that will basicly be half the country getting a white christmas ........

Would you say Cork could be included in this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

temp is -11c in edinburgh they could break a few records there.... note its -8.5c here now icicles and everything seriously is wintery!

It will probably be short-lived. Turning back to rain as the front passes over.
    Better than getting socks on christmas day though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

9.45 pm rain shower here in trim :(

on another note,this shower turned to ice the second it hit the ground,had to go to summerhill(7 miles away)the roads are lethal third gear all the way and van still slipping and slideing,take care all

leahyl wrote: »

You don't want to know what I'd say....

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

I would not hold too much hope for anywhere near the coast. But inland in cork county could be a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Leeside wrote: »
    I would not hold too much hope for anywhere near the coast. But inland in cork county could be a different matter.

AH SCREW IT! Could i not have been born in Norway for Gods sake....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

owenc wrote: »
    on the bt hub i just turned it off and sure enough when i checked we had moved from lake district the whole way upto glasgow which is still 80 miles away!!!!

Ah but if you were here, you would be in a winter wonderland and currently -6.5c!

Then you'd probably get sick of snow and want to move to Ireland :p

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Could be worse, here on the East coast I think my chances of a meteor or a snow flake falling are about equal!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

if it is pissing rain in trim there is no hope. this is a joke. where the hell did this front come from...hot clouds! cant see that front coming in on xmas day bringing anything but rain...at least for the east.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Fog here all evening.

NRA site is giving Killygordon -1.7, but Gweedore -5.4! :eek:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

no snow, but its still a white christmas of types...with the chilly frosty foggy look in most places

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Rougies wrote: »
    Please post those in the Weather pictures sub-forum too. They are too good to lose!

Thanks, I've done that, and added a few more too

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭superhooper

Why is my Google weather saying its snowing in Cork when it just the usual rain not even sleet. Also I reckon the roads will be lethal tomorrow if this freezes?

Starting to freeze again here in Lucan, all the rain from earlier has turned white and frosty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Ah but if you were here, you would be in a winter wonderland and currently -6.5c!

well sorry but i am at -8.6c here now so hahaa!!!!!!:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Was talking to a man who was in Ballinakill and he said it was snowing there around 5pm-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Savage :D
    vlcsnap1629980.png w768.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Hi all,

Just checking in

Minus 5 c here which is the lowest I have ever seen it here. Bearing in mind I am 9 miles from the atlantic it is incredible. It is a winter wonderland outside. The drive home was treacherous on untreated roads but most national, primary and secondary routes are gritted in Clare.

The signs for next week are hugely primising in terms of cold weather and more widespread wintry activity. All the models point to a sever wintry spell from the start of next week. My father who remembers the 1962 spell says he hasn't seen a prolonged cold spell like this since then. Talk about a month of extremes - this time last month a lot of clare was under water.

Look out for elderly neighbors and the likes as the cold spell looks like sticking with us. If you can make sure they are stocked up with fuel and groceries etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

met.ie rainfall radar showing that light band of precip heading for dublin...its likely to produce something. creeping towards us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Its currently minus 7 outside here in Armagh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

inabina wrote: »
    met.ie rainfall radar showing that light band of precip heading for dublin...its likely to produce something. creeping towards us...

Have watching that just creep closer to Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement