Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (23/12/09) (Possible snow in south and east later)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

We have no central heating; when we had we could not afford to use it much.

There are night storage heaters here; but under the windows. and also we were told how costly they are to run so they have never been on.

So it is the fire, and baking does well with the bottled gas cooker. And lots of clothes. Occasional use of an electric fire.

As it is , dreading the ESB bill.
    jenzz wrote: »
    Oh you poor pet - That happened us 4pm on Christmas eve last year - they couldnt deliver until the following week . OMG - we froze so im warning you in advance borrow every heater you can. It shocking how cold the house gets when heating is off even just for a short while & especially in these temps.We had bought his mum a new flame effect fire thingy for christmas so we " borrowed" the gift back lol but christ was it cold !Luckily we were in mums for santy & the kiddies were gone to their dads for a week so they didnt suffer... This year I got a half in may & rang them in Nov & asked to fill it up - 580lt filled it so not a chance me running out ...TG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Might start off as rain and turn to sleet/snow later. Hard to know, 10 miles from the coast...better chances further inland.

Hope we do get some, as you know we never get much down here. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kopp

TomTom wrote: »
    I have a back boiler on the stove in the kitchen so that shall be running over time.
    Morning Tomtom, sorry to hear you've no oil, hope to god they can sort you out :). All you gots to do is ask santa to bring his tanker. you in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

small snow fall last nite at minute freezing fog and very cold 0 degrees in monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

200motels wrote: »
    Hope we do get some, as you know we never get much down here. Fingers crossed.

Yeah tell me about it! I'll be up in Kilkenny myself for a few days from this evening, better chance up there, haven't seen a single flake so far!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hoping for some snow myself, although thats unlikely.

Im planning to head to Co. Clare for a few hours this evening . . . its the frost which is of a greater concern around these parts at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Is there a site i can go to, to find out the temps in wexford???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

joes girls wrote: »

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Wexford/Wexford/

joes girls wrote: »

Check out the map :
    http://www.irelandsweather.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Graces7 wrote: »
    We have no central heating; when we had we could not afford to use it much.

There are night storage heaters here; but under the windows. and also we were told how costly they are to run so they have never been on.

So it is the fire, and baking does well with the bottled gas cooker. And lots of clothes. Occasional use of an electric fire.

As it is , dreading the ESB bill.

I remember between house builds we rented a house in Wex - with bloody storage heaters - 2 month bill was over a grand - From then on i choose cold thank you very much !

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, but now i see they are only giving rain for down here today:(
    but the hail that fell this morning, still on the ground so can it really be 3/4c!!! gone very dark now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

well its colder than i thought still -3c and everything is still freezing and funny enough its a dry heat so itll feel warm lol

Good news! New Weather Warning from Met Eireann :

:D

Well if we do get sneachta ill go down the harbour - I was in shock Sat night to see snow falling in it - never seen the likes of it before... Ill sit out on the deck of the scouts den in my flashing santa hat & as promised ill let off the flares in the direction of Trogdors house & wait for rescuing - Because if this does come off it will be the greatest miracle ever seen in the dreariest recession hit town on the east coast !! My God its depression central out & about.... So time to cheer it all up me thinks ....:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oh Carlow could see Snow :D

Very black to the south now and cloudy overall except on the northern horizon.

Temp is up to -0.9c dp is -1.4c

The rise and rise of that temp is making it very border line.

Villain wrote: »
    Theres no could about it.
    It will in Tullow for sure if the precip goes that far west-no doubt about it.
    I hope I havent jinxed this!

Much more marginal here though 2 miles from the coast.

Villain wrote: »

Absolutely. And Met Eireann are very confident about snow this morning :
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

cobh wetish very light rain thawing most of the ice.Footpath's lethal cloud filled sky:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone know if it will snow in Limerick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Good luck to everyone in South and East today. II hope you get snow. Ye deserve it after a crappy week of watching north get snow. You might courier a trailer load up here if you get a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

22'c in Waterford now.. Balmy sun. Getting the BBQ sorted for the Turkey. :(

Drives me nuts every year enviously reading these knowing that we'll get none of the fluffy white stuff. I'm about 15 mins from Tramore and Dunmore East so as the song says, I'm gettin nuttin for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Showers now forming in the irish sea and heading to the east coast.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp

Evelyn used loads of colours when she coloured this one in !!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Light rain here a little while ago. Horrid day :(

Trotter wrote: »
    22'c in Waterford now.. Balmy sun. Getting the BBQ sorted for the Turkey. :(

Drives me nuts every year enviously reading these knowing that we'll get none of the fluffy white stuff. I'm about 15 mins from Tramore and Dunmore East so as the song says, I'm gettin nuttin for Christmas.

Never say never !!!! Miracles always happen ( in the films) at christmas :rolleyes:

Hope you do - everyone deserves a lil bit

mike65 wrote: »
    Light rain here a little while ago. Horrid day :(

Roads will be lethal if that stays at rain with the temps going down again after dark.

Christ - im up to 3.9 & DP -.1 ....... is there cold air on the way ?

God all im doing is looking out the window, and i have loads to do!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

can anyone answer me considering are max will be around -2c how low can i expect? when should temps start to drop off again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Anyone know if it will snow in Limerick?

The chances of it were better yesterday and no a flake fell then. chances of it today are somewhere between nought and one percent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement