Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Karma (or should that be Carma?)

• 23-12-2009 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭

Was driving through the Quays in Dublin City Centre there yesterday evening around 5.30. Anyone who's driven on there at this time before will know traffic moves at a crawl. Long story short traffic begins to move and a small space opens up in front of me. I notice a golf moving pretty quick up the bus lane and at the last second pulls in front of me almost clipping my car. Naturally enough i was displeased with and expressed this with some uncouth banter aimed in the direction of the car.

Anyways in the space of about 2 seconds a Garda traffic Corp jeep pulls up beside them, rolls down the window and then pulls them over. I must admit I never laugh at other drivers misfortune however if your gonna be acting dangerouosly then you deserve it. So I laughed my ass off.

Anyone else seen anything similar?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I will never forget the time I was driving back from cork and this Lexus sports car over takes me and he must of been doing 100mph at least in really thick fog. About 5 minutes later he was pulled in up the road by traffic corps where the fog had cleared. I laughed, Quite loudly for a good while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I like the smaller incidents. You know the ones when someone overtakes you after being on your ass tailgating for a while. But then 1min later after they zoom off into the distance you are sitting at traffic lights or traffic with them on front of you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I like the smaller incidents. You know the ones when someone overtakes you after being on your ass tailgating for a while. But then 1min later after they zoom off into the distance you are sitting at traffic lights or traffic with them on front of you :D

Or beside them. During the warmer months, when people tend to have their windows down, I like to pull up beside them at the lights and ask "did I miss anything?"

Not quite karma like the OP but I did get a laugh a few years back coming from James' St. to Inchicore. There was a truck waiting to turn right at the traffic lights (single lane so nobody could get up the inside) but couldn't go until the lights were going red. The lights were well red by the time he completed his turn but the guy in the car between the truck and me obviously decided he'd had enough of waiting and tore off straight across the junction, almost taking the front wheel off a Garda motorbike. He was obviously pulled and I got to watch a minute or two while waiting for the lights to change again and I got the impression from the Garda's body language that he wasn't getting away with a talking to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Had the misfortune of being a really long traffic jam, when good few people undertook on the hard shoulder, had to laugh because there was a garda car few cars behind me, and followed them all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

Coming up to traffic lights this morning by the old meat factory in Clonmel,a van driver cut in front of me, I blasted him out of it with my horn! Could see him looking at me in his mirror, gave him the one finger salute,he jumped out of the van(I presume to wish me happy xmas)
    As he jumps out he falls flat on his arse, it was fcuking funny, im still laughing now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I just remembered one.

You know at newland cross heading into the city from the south, there's a bus lane that eventually becomes the left filter lane. Well, in traffic a load of cars move into the bus lane way too early and drive for maybe half a mile in the bus lane with their left indicator on.
    Well one morning there was a squad waiting for them all right at the end of the bus lane.
    Quality!
    I LoL'd :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Just the other day I was coming up Nutgrove Avenue after school and it's always a nightmare. The road takes a natural bend towards Beaufort Girls School and this eejit in a porsche decides he's too good for the traffic (I saw him from my mirror) and comes up the bus lane. Little did he know there was a Ban Garda standing at the top of the road, he noticed her about 200 yards away and tried slipping back into traffic. Que lil miss garda pointing at him, then waving him towards her, he got pulled and taken out of the car.
    Not even 30 seconds later 5 more cars done this, they all came up by the time I was sitting at the top of the bus lane, right beside the garda, gave a little brum brum and slipped into the lane myself for turning left, she just smiled :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

cascade35 wrote: »
    Coming up to traffic lights this morning by the old meat factory in Clonmel,a van driver cut in front of me, I blasted him out of it with my horn! Could see him looking at me in his mirror, gave him the one finger salute,he jumped out of the van(I presume to wish me happy xmas)
    As he jumps out he falls flat on his arse, it was fcuking funny, im still laughing now.

Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Was driving up Gardner street one day and crossing the junction with Talbot street. Light was green but I didn't cross as there is a box junction and there was traffic on the other side.
    When the traffic started to move on the other side, I pulled off when I taxi cut me up and flew into the one open space on the other side - stranding me in the box junction.
    I was fuming - until the squad car pulled up and did him.
    Always sweet to see a taxi that doesn't think that the rules of the road apply to him get done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Not sure this classes as funny, could have turned out badly but anyway...

Driving along one of the Kildare back roads around 6:30am earlier this week, going really slowly as the road seemed to be made of black ice. The guy behind me, and it was plain to see, was getting really frustrated at driving sub 60Kph so after a while decided he'd had enough and attempted to pass me... Only for him to lose all grip and do a really fantastic 540 degree spin on the road.

At least he knows why I was taking it easy now. I offered his a spare set of underwear and then went on my merry way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

right beside the garda, gave a little brum brum , she just smiled :)

There's a little love story in there somewhere :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just the other day I was coming up Nutgrove Avenue after school and it's always a nightmare. The road takes a natural bend towards Beaufort Girls School and this eejit in a porsche decides he's too good for the traffic (I saw him from my mirror) and comes up the bus lane. Little did he know there was a Ban Garda standing at the top of the road, he noticed her about 200 yards away and tried slipping back into traffic. Que lil miss garda pointing at him, then waving him towards her, he got pulled and taken out of the car.
    Not even 30 seconds later 5 more cars done this, they all came up by the time I was sitting at the top of the bus lane, right beside the garda, gave a little brum brum and slipped into the lane myself for turning left, she just smiled :)

That's a regular spot for that gard, i've seen a ban garda there numerous times, they're only there once every few weeks, well at least that's when i see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

That's a regular spot for that gard, i've seen a ban garda there numerous times, they're only there once every few weeks, well at least that's when i see them.
    I reckon she got a temporary on the beat job cos she's been in the same spot morning and evening for the last 2/3 weeks :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Probably there for Operation No-flow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I just remembered one.

You know at newland cross heading into the city from the south, there's a bus lane that eventually becomes the left filter lane. Well, in traffic a load of cars move into the bus lane way too early and drive for maybe half a mile in the bus lane with their left indicator on.
    Well one morning there was a squad waiting for them all right at the end of the bus lane.
    Quality!
    I LoL'd :)

Ah yes, the old "left indicator is on, so i can use the bus lane". Never works, the guard always stops them

Advertisement