Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

booking ferry

• 23-12-2009 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

I am considering going to the UK to buy my next car. Looking at the Stena site they like 28 days booking in advance of travel. Was hoping I could just turn up with the new motor. IF not the plan is scuppered before its begun. Anyone any experience of this please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

You could either get a friend here to book after purchase and you just turn up at port with booking reference or you could book it yourself at an internet cafe. Id say besides a bank holiday it should be easy to get same day booking, theres about 20 sailings or more if you look at Fishguard, Holyhead or Larne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

You can just arrive at the terminal and if there's room on the next sailing you'll get on. I've done that more times than I've booked. Only downsides are if there's no room and the price will be slightly more than the online price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The HSS is rarely full these days so at the very least you have a pretty decent shot at turning up for that and getting a ticket.

I'd assume the others are similar but the more freight orientated ones such as Ulysees, Adventurer and Nordica are likely to be fuller in general

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You can book for any date, it doesn't have to be 28 days in advance. Pay a little extra for a premium ticket so you can change the dates/times FOC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i have often jusrt truned uop at the ferry....except xmas and peak summer weekends, Id say youd get on no problem....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I booked the Irish Ferries high speed 16 hours in advance last week. holyhead to Dublin £109.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

i turned up in cairnryan on 10 jan ....no probs... ferry nearly empty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

Make sure you don't clash with a big soccer match.Alot of Irish use the Ferrys to travel over on the day of a match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Book with a different reg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

ok, thanks for the great response. That's a weight off my mind:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement