Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine openers kit

Options
  • 23-12-2009 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Looking (Very) last minute for a wine openers kit (the type with a corkscrew and funnel and stopper) as a gift. Everywhere I've looked so far has nowt of any use (either too pricey or to crappy).

Anyone know of a good off-lience that might have something like this - soimewhere near Dundrum?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd look for Screwpull kit

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Have you tried Deveney's?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Pulltaps%20noir.jpg

In my opinion this is the only good wine bottle opener.
    Having worked as a waiter and visiting many wine bars and vineyards also, this is the only type used in the majority of places.

Then look at this as a wine stopper.

For a funnel, they are usually pretty standard but really more for vintage port than wine but sometimes also used for wine.

Sorry can't think of a particular set, the problem is each product is made by a different company. Try Mitchell's on Kildare street or The Corkscrew on Chatam street.
    In Dundrum maybe the off-licence at the cross roads (Deveneys?).

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Newbridge used to do one that looked nice and was not too expensive.

However it was years ago when I bought one but it was 20-25Euro (Can't remember exactly) which is not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Cheers for the help lads.

Unfortunatly, i was beaten to the punch here. thankfully found out in time.

settled for a good bottle of Gin instead. Not exactly as warm an idea, but i got there

• Advertisement
Advertisement