Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco not pay workers

Options
  • 23-12-2009 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

welcome
    i work for tesco 4 years and a 2 years ago started problems because the do not pay for
    hours worked
    Gives extra days for also do not pay
    2 weeks ago I was sick for two weeks
    spoke with the Personal Manager - told me no recompense for the sick because i bring MC too late which is not true because I have been informed by phone
    I did a small interview between employees at one of them said that he delivers MC by mail and there is no problem,
    I think I just the victim, of course, we have unions where they please help me to send me to the store manager
    WHAT SHOULD I do because I have an impression that more aid from the trade union and he did not get nothing I can do PLEASE HELP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 kulamario

is simple tesco not pay for sick and hours worked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

kulamario wrote: »
    is simple tesco not pay for sick and hours worked

Id check your contract first and then either speak to HR or someone in the union.

i spoke with union but i sad they send me to store menager

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

OP I presume you are a working in a store for a few months/ couple of years if so Tesco dont pay sick pay to people in the store.

However I know from experience you need to keep a close eye on your hours especially if you are doing over time as they will generally try and short change you!

i dnt have overtime for 3years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

welcome
    i work for tesco 4 years and a 2 years ago started problems because the do not pay for
    hours worked
    Gives extra days for also do not pay
    2 weeks ago I was sick for two weeks
    spoke with the Personal Manager - told me no recompense for the sick because i bring MC too late which is not true because I have been informed by phone
    I did a small interview between employees at one of them said that he delivers MC by mail and there is no problem,
    I think I just the victim, of course, we have unions where they please help me to send me to the store manager
    WHAT SHOULD I do because I have an impression that more aid from the trade union and he did not get nothing I can do PLEASE HELP
    Do you clock in and out?
    You can request a printout of your hours for the week and check whether you're being paid correctly.
    As with any hourly paid job you should keep a note of your times youself anyway, these systems are far from foolproof.

As for sick pay, I don't know Tesco's policy but they are under no legal obligation to pay you when you're off sick. You need to get a welfare cert and claim for the time you were off.

if somebody now right units for my problem please send some phone number

Gurgle
    everybody have pay for sick but not me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Go to the union rep and ask him/her to speak to the manager on your behalf..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

i spoke with union but i sad they send me to store menager

The union didn't seem that interested so its probably not in your contract and it would be down to your mangers descresion if you get paid or not. If he has said no, forget and move on or find another job.

• Advertisement

i just think am victim of racial discrimination

union probably spoke with personal manager
    i say
    union told me exactly what i sad to union yes is stupid but is true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Ted10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Company do not have pay for you being.But if other people being paid you MUSTbe paid aswell.Go to union you pay them to talk on your behalf if they tell you ask youself say no i pay you to do this for me.Let the union deal with it.Good luck sound's strange for tesco to do this

personal manager say me i bring medical certificate too late

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I worked in Dunnes for 5 years - part time flexi but still worked 36 hours - and never received any sickpay. Medical Certs were still required for absences over two days but only full time employees would be paid for those days. I'm pretty sure Tesco had the same policy.

no is not
    tesco pay for sick for everyone but not for me
    in tesco store u have first 3 days with out pay but rest days of your sick time will be pay for 100%

i had pay sick last time but not this

:mad::mad::mad:stupid excuse to not pay and deceive the worker:mad::mad::mad:

:confused:confused::confused:as for me this is discrimination:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

:mad::mad::mad:because it is not the first time how this is happening in sales in tesco:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Bold and red text is not going to get your point across anymore than normal text..

If you feel your union rep is not doing enough for your case then raise it to the union itself.. Cant remember who it is maybe Mandate or SIPTU.. Thinking more towards Mandate..

Contact them and say your shop representative is not helping...

From my experience working in Tesco i know the trouble with wages.. Even though we clocked in the hours were still wrong..coupled with the fact we didnt even have a proper personnel manager!!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

go home then

man am in home

i live in ire 6 years every years i pay tax and PRSI so i expect little of respect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

hmmm... troll? :confused:

do not treat me like a Chinese or Pakistani
    I am from EU

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I am from EU

itsatrap.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Barracudaincork

I am from EU

and you badmouth Tesco's for being racist, you are no different judging by this comment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I am from EU

I find this very offensive!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement