Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco not pay workers

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

kulamario wrote: »
    i live in ire 6 years every years i pay tax and PRSI so i expect little of respect
    From whom exactly? Do you think Tesco gives a toss if you lived here for 6 years or 60?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

*sigh*

First of all this is in the wrong forum, so moving it.
    kulamario wrote:
    do not treat me like a Chinese or Pakistani
    I am from EU

Second of all, I'm going to give his person the benefit of the doubt - that is he is genuine and not a troll. His command of the english language may give people the wrong impression. But
    kulamario if you spout anymore racist crap like this again I'll boot you out without warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

jon1981 wrote: »
    hmmm... troll? :confused:

No, I think this is what union delegates call a "frequent flyer", rather than a troll.

OP - when did you give your medical certificate to Tesco? If it wasn't until you returned to work, then probably what the manager says is right. If you don't send it in on time, they don't have to pay you.

Not getting paid for the hours you work is different. You should ask the union delegate to go and see the Store Manager with you, to help you explain the problem. Even if the union delegate isn't sympathetic to you, they will want to have everyone dealt with fairly, so should help you with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 kulamario

I can say is everything is beyond my capabilities at Tesco I can not because everybody already May me in the ass as much as I can tell:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Mike... wrote: »
    go home then

Banned for 2 weeks for racial abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Have you ever been paid for sick pay?

How many sick days did you take in 2009?

Is it possible you screwed up (e.g. didn't get a sick cert on time) and as a result have missed the window to receive sick pay?

i was sick for 3 weeks in 2009 but is not important!
    in 2008 i was sick for 2 or 3 weeks i not remember then was pay for every each week
    course tesco not pay for 3 first days

This sounds extremely unbelievable.
    There are very few employers who would pay an employee for 3 weeks out sick on full pay. After a week, you would have to go on disability benefits from the state.

I cannot believe that Tesco - known for being rather tight - would pay an employee for 3 weeks out sick, at full pay.

Any other Tesco employees reading this, please confirm as I am now getting suspicious that kulamario is trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

:confused::confused::confused:i just think am victim of racial discrimination :confused::confused::confused:

May I ask what race you are?

WHITE

• Advertisement

BUT NOT IRISH

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

WHITE
    That's a color not a race.

BUT NOT IRISH

The majority of Tesco's shop staff are non-Irish. Do you really think YOU are being singled out? :rolleyes:

Unless you give us more information without resorting to accusing your employer of "racism".

:confused::confused::confused:no do not think so but it is a simple PM you picked me up as a sacrifice and came to the came to assert several times not to pay me for hours worked extra days hours worked, of course, also without receipt of payment and the like:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Nody wrote: »
    That's a color not a race.

In fairness it is, it is just like saying Caucasian, remember English is not his first language.

Are you mixing up race and nationality?

On the topic of the OP, I have never worked for Tesco but not paying for the first 3 days but paying for subsequent days does not make sense. I was always under the impression that you are paid for the first 2 days by the employer and then have to claim days after that from the state?

I have worked for a number of companies that pay full sick pay. I was once in hospital for almost a month and got full sick pay from the employer.

:confused::confused::confused:no do not think so but it is a simple PM you picked me up as a sacrifice and came to the came to assert several times not to pay me for hours worked extra days hours worked, of course, also without receipt of payment and the like:confused::confused::confused:

Your reply makes absolutely no sense. Am I honestly expected to believe you've lived and worked in Ireland for 6 years with such a poor standard of English? You're doing nothing to convince me you're not a troll (making this story up).

I just don't understand your problem. You "clock in" every day at work in a supermarket, therefore all the hours you work are logged and you can request a print-out of all the hours you've done and you can compare this with your payslip. Your manager would have absolutely nothing to do with this - it'll all be processed by head office.

As for the sick days - sorry, I don't believe a supermarket worker would be paid for 2-3 weeks of sick leave. Are you sure you're not mistaken?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

i was sick for 3 weeks in 2009 but is not important!
    in 2008 i was sick for 2 or 3 weeks i not remember then was pay for every each week
    course tesco not pay for 3 first days
    Sunny jim, count yourself lucky that you still have a job with that amount of sick days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

eth0_ wrote: »
    As for the sick days - sorry, I don't believe a supermarket worker would be paid for 2-3 weeks of sick leave. Are you sure you're not mistaken?

Yeah I find this hard to believe as well.

I've worked in plenty of minimum wage jobs and none of them ever paid for sick leave.

Kulamario: would it be possible for you to type here the exact wording in your contract where it states your sick pay entitlements? This would clear things up for us, and may clear things up for you just in case - due to your English skills - you've misunderstood it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Havent read the whole thread but tescos as a retail outlet are governed by the JLC rules. under those rules/laws an employee who is with you more then 2 years is entitled to 3 weeks paid sick pay per year,. the retailer pays the balance between the social welfare payment and the normal wage.

the first 3 days are not covered under this.

Shelflife wrote: »
    Havent read the whole thread but tescos as a retail outlet are governed by the JLC rules. under those rules/laws an employee who is with you more then 2 years is entitled to 3 weeks paid sick pay per year,. the retailer pays the balance between the social welfare payment and the normal wage.

the first 3 days are not covered under this.

Ah, didn't realise this, sorry Kulamario.

Kulamario - what was the exact reason given for not paying you sick leave?

I also agree with MagicMarker that you're risking losing your job, considering your sick leave history.

• Advertisement

:D:D:D:confused::confused::confused:i give medical certificate too late:confused::confused::confused::D:D:D

is crazy
    what you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

is crazy
    what you think?

From your highly dubious and garbled posts what I make out of it is that in order to get sick pay you have to hand in doctors certs within a certain timeframe.

You said
    :D:D:D:confused::confused::confused:i give medical certificate too late:confused::confused::confused::D:D:D

therefore its your own fault.You knew the rules and didnt adhere to them so no one is to blame but yourself.

Thats if you are being genuine,I happen to think you are just trolling.
    Have a nice day.
    ;)

yes i now rules
    i can brink before or after sick

yes or not????

yes i now rules
    i can brink before or after sick

yes or not????

How should we know? Ask your HR department or check your contract of employment/employee handbook.

I'm closing this thread as it's going round in circles and i'm pretty sure kulmario is trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭HelloJellyFish

Hi Kulamario,

As for accusing Tesco for being racist or discriminating against you because of your race is total bull. You are Polish and I do not see any reason why anybody would be racist against you or how anybody can discriminate against you for being Polish. There are tons of Polish people who work for Tesco and are as happy as the Irish who work for Tesco, not that working for Tesco is the best job in the world. At the end of the day, being a cleaner at Tesco is job and better than not having a job at all....:rolleyes:

As for being a racist, I think you are the ignorant racist, who has the obesity to accuse you your employer of...It is typical misuse of the race card and is really a pain in the ass. It is normally the racist human that feel threatened and different from other humans that use race as a excuse for incompetence.... :mad: :mad:
    do not treat me like a Chinese or Pakistani
    I am from EU

Chinese and Pakistani is as human as you or me, so why would you think you should be treated better????

As for being sick and not getting paid, I do not think that if you have a real claim you will not get paid, if you need help you can find more info at these sites:

Citizens Information

Mandate

General

NERA

Labour Court

Equality Authority

Now I am sure a well balanced individual like yourself will stand up for your right and if indeed you have a valid case you will get what is owed to you if you make a stand. I myself will just light a joint get stoned and look for another job and tell Tesco to stick there job up where the sun does not shine....:P

I do not like Tesco: This is Why!!

Good luck anyway....:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement