Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo 3 multiplayer lag

• 23-12-2009 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I having terrible problems while playing Hal0 3 multi-player where the lag is quite literally killing me. Jumping from one part of the map to another, just dying with no cause, moving through an area and then suddenly be back where I started.

No this is either Xbox live or my connection.

When the match finishes beside each player it shows either green yellow or read bars! Are these to denote your signal because its mostly red or yellow for me while others are green.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You're not on Eircom by any chance are you?
    There's been brutal latency issues the past few weeks...really wrecking my games :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Berkut wrote: »
    You're not on Eircom by any chance are you?
    There's been brutal latency issues the past few weeks...really wrecking my games :mad:

No Ice broadband, xbox is network cable to our wireless router which connects to the antenna on the roof.

Get great results from speedtest.net, nothing else is connected only the xbox but still that fracking lag. Is there any port that should be opened for better performance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

you should check and see that you have a open nat type on your router,,and yea the red yello and green bars show your signal strenght

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

Hey all,
    I having terrible problems while playing Hal0 3 multi-player where the lag is quite literally killing me. Jumping from one part of the map to another, just dying with no cause, moving through an area and then suddenly be back where I started.

No this is either Xbox live or my connection.

When the match finishes beside each player it shows either green yellow or read bars! Are these to denote your signal because its mostly red or yellow for me while others are green.

I've had the same issues lately also, and I'm afraid to say it is because Halo 3 multiplayer is on its way out. Around 8 months ago the average number of people playing at one time was 200-300 thousand, but these days only around 10 thousand people are playing. The drop in numbers could be due to all the new games out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Ah there is legs left on the old dog yet! I have had issues with Lag in Halo in the past. If there is a red dot beside you're name then its you're connection more then likely but I wouldn't put it past live to be giving problems

I would say after Xmas you will see an increase in Halo activity everyone always comes back after a few months. Just when you think you're out it pulls you back in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭manufan16

Im with Ice BB too, bad lag on MW2 after 11pm last week or so.
    Along with speedtest.net there is a sister site pingtest.net - this may help you identify what your probs are.

RAIN wrote: »
    Ah there is legs left on the old dog yet! I have had issues with Lag in Halo in the past. If there is a red dot beside you're name then its you're connection more then likely but I wouldn't put it past live to be giving problems

I would say after Xmas you will see an increase in Halo activity everyone always comes back after a few months. Just when you think you're out it pulls you back in!

Hahaha!! We are Halo veterans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

ah yea, i used to have issues with halo lagging quite a bit. not so much at the moment. although havent played it in quite a bit. will be around christmas though, always lots of fools online then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Ice broadband is not meant to be used for online gaming ;) I have a 3mb eircom broadband and no issues here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

How would the fact that Halo is less popular at the moment possibly affect the performance issues in a negative way? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

Zippitydoo wrote: »
    How would the fact that Halo is less popular at the moment possibly affect the performance issues in a negative way? :confused:

reduction in dedicated halo servers. Servers reassigned to more popular games, maybe.

Zippitydoo wrote: »

Did you ever get the message - "selecting new host" during a game? - 1 of the players hosts the rest of the players during the game , usually the host has the best internet connection, but when fewer people are playing the host for your game is more likely to be further away (thousands of miles) from the rest of the players therefore creating ****-loads of lag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

reduction in dedicated halo servers. Servers reassigned to more popular games, maybe.

Ah ok, makes sense I guess, thanks. How does it work? Are halo games, or most games I guess hosted primarily by dedicated servers and secondarily by the players?

I can understand the lack of players leading to bad matchups but I play with americans all the time and the lag isn't bad at all so the distance can't be that much of an issue. I've been on halo recently a good bit by the way.... running as smoothly as ever!

Advertisement