Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Freezing Problem

Options
  • 23-12-2009 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭

Last night I developed a major problem with my PS3 (60GB launch version). I was playing FIFA 10 and all of a sudden, mid game, the commentary disappears as well as the score graphic in the top left. I was able to continue playing until half time when the game froze. I had to switch off the PS3 manually as it would not return to the PS3 home screen.

The problem isn't always the same, sometimes it'll freeze straight away, even before I get to the FIFA menu. It's at random times. It's not purely FIFA either, it happened on 2 other games I tried. Strangely my demos are working fine and I'm having to problems with the PS3 OS itself.

From searching online I see that an awful lot of people are having the issue recently. Many are saying that the cause is due to the blu-ray laser getting dusty, which would explain why the demos work fine. However, I don't see why it would happen so suddenly. It's gone from being perfect to unusable.

I updated to the latest firmware last Friday and unfortunately my PS3 is now out of warranty. Is there anything I can do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement