Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas party stories

• 23-12-2009 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭

What have you done that needs to be shared with Boards as a result of your Work Christmas party?

Several years ago, I came home blathered and proposed to my GF at 3 in the morning with a novelty cracker plastic ring, only to be put to bed. an undeterminal period of time later that evening I tried opening my front door in a drunken sleep walk attempt to find the bathroom.

So, what have you done that's good/bad?

Spill your stories in the relative anonymity of boards so that we can laugh at you.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Last year I propositioned a Fianna Fail backbencher and offered him an 'Oireachtas Reacharound'.

Got barred from Doheny & Nesbitt’s. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

1st xmas party in my last job after dinner i done a jaager bomb, and without anybody seeing, heaved a mouth full of sick which i managed to hold and made it to the jacks in time to hurl it out. But the bouncer seen me and threatened to throw me out but after pleading and offering bribes(which he didn't accept) he let me back in and spared me the 2nd of January blushes :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

About 10 years ago, I drank 3 bottles of wine in about 20 minutes. This was at 7:30, when people started to arrive. They wanted me to put me in a taxi. I then proceeded to walk around the floor (as everyone was sitting down having their dinner) banging a tray over my head as hard as possible, and asking people to do the same.

I then got sick down myself in the jax. Went up to a manager gave him a big hug, pointed and said, yay, no we're puke brothers, whilst pointing at my sick now transferred to his tux.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

I told 2 bouncers "These are not the droids you're looking for" when they tried to shift us from our seats at the end of the night one year. It either worked, or they took pity on me, either way, they walked away and left us alone for another half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

At last year's xmas party I was sent to the bar for 10 schooners(2/3 pints approx) As I was putting the tray on the table 8 of them fell:eek:, only a few guys noticed as we were all wrecked:pac:. I gave the manager 1 of the full ones:cool: and another guy had 10 vodka and red bulls so it wasn't a major problem:D.

And most of the guys who saw forgot:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

At a christmas one year a bloke in our office necked a full litre bottle of wine.

He wasnt a great drinker at the best of times and was promptly despatched to a taxi before 7.30 outside the RDS and had to get to Bray

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

antodeco wrote: »
    About 10 years ago, I drank 3 bottles of wine in about 20 minutes. This was at 7:30, when people started to arrive. They wanted me to put me in a taxi.
    orourkeda wrote: »
    At a christmas one year a bloke in our office necked a full litre bottle of wine.

He wasnt a great drinker at the best of times and was promptly despatched to a taxi before 7.30 outside the RDS and had to get to Bray

Hmm, my party was at the RDS....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Well at this years christmas party you would not believe the laugh we had.

John from accounting, get this, took a lampshade off one of the lamps and danced around the office with it on his head. Complete madness so it was :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Jet Black wrote: »
    Well at this years christmas party you would not believe the laugh we had.

John from accounting, get this, took a lampshade off one of the lamps and danced around the office with it on his head. Complete madness so it was :)

That Johns one crazy cat alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gillington wrote: »
    That Johns one crazy cat alright!

Bit of a pussy though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I had a shouting match with a lad in the pub about why people usually end up voting for the same political party every time, no matter what they do in the interim. Turns out the 'lad' was a 4ft tall stuffed polar bear that was on the pub counter as part of their raffle prizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Xmas party 08 I started drinking at about 5 and had had 8 pints even before dinner. I don't remember much after bou 11 but woke up in a shared hotel room, stark bollocko naked and my boxers were not to be found. They were spotted at the reception stairs at some point tho.

Unfortunately I don't know the interesting bits but i'd love to see the CCTV footage.

I remember one year I was with a mate at a Christmas party. We had a section to ourselves in a nightclub and we got completely fcuked.

So after the nightclub ended we went outside and we were lying across the bonnet of some lads brand new BMW and were singing the Ratlin Bog for about half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

we all got a few big taxis home and they dropped us off at our houses, one girl fell out of the taxi, face first onto the ice

the injuries lasted well into januaryj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

after last orders, we were all out with one of the clients.. they wouldnt serve anymore beer so i found one... :)

A few minutes later some fella grabs it from the table, i said this "hey buddy, thats my drink" to which i then realised who it was, clients top man, boss was beside me. To make it worse, it was his drink in the first place.

Why did i have to call him 'buddy'... IDIOT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

That_Guy wrote: »
    I remember one year I was with a mate at a Christmas party. We had a section to ourselves in a nightclub and we got completely fcuked.

So after the nightclub ended we went outside and we were lying across the bonnet of some lads brand new BMW and were singing the Ratlin Bog for about half an hour.

culchies.. :eek::rolleyes:;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

[QUOTE=NothingMan;63627159]Xmas party 08 I started drinking at about 5 and had had 8 pints even before dinner. I don't remember much after bou 11 but woke up in a shared hotel room, stark bollocko naked and my boxers were not to be found. They were spotted at the reception stairs at some point tho.

Unfortunately I don't know the interesting bits but i'd love to see the CCTV footage.[/QUOTE]

Comes with the name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Xmas party two weeks ago - can't remember a fcuking thing! :(

neil_hosey wrote: »
    culchies.. :eek::rolleyes:;):D

I'm a Dub originally so I prefer the term scumbag. Just for future reference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

I was soooo good this year :P

(considering last year I was up on stage harassing the band to do more Abba and ended up under a table with a questionable person.)

Not the company drunk anymore though! My title has been passed on yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

i drank 9 pints of Guinness in an hour and a half, then went onto drink a liter of vodka, then 5 pints of bulmers last year, top off with half a bottle of wine .

made it home grand - not a bother on me :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Christmas party for a river island in 2005. I went there with one of the girls who I worked with who I had become good friends with. I had a feeling she wanted to try it on with me, but I was with my g.f for 1.5 years at the time.

Anyway we shared a taxi to the hotel and had a few drinks and the meal, followed by a couple of more drinks, She then asked me out to dance and made a move on me and I rejected it.

She carried on drinking and I went down and had a laugh with the for a while at a taboe, only for her to come back pi$$ed as a fart to rest her head on my lap and try to open my zip and to suck me off.

Again I said no, and she started to cry and went back to the bar. Later she ended up getting sick all over herself and I had to take her home when she kept on asking for "at least a hug, If I was your girlfriend you would be comforting me"

I let her know if she was my g.f I wouldn't have said no to the b.j at the table, she wouldn't have had to get so drunk out of embarrassment and she wouldn't be covered in her own vomit.

Needless to say the friendship was never the same again after that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

cloneslad wrote: »
    Christmas party for a river island in 2005. I went there with one of the girls who I worked with who I had become good friends with. I had a feeling she wanted to try it on with me, but I was with my g.f for 1.5 years at the time.

Anyway we shared a taxi to the hotel and had a few drinks and the meal, followed by a couple of more drinks, She then asked me out to dance and made a move on me and I rejected it.

She carried on drinking and I went down and had a laugh with the for a while at a taboe, only for her to come back pi$$ed as a fart to rest her head on my lap and try to open my zip and to suck me off.

Again I said no, and she started to cry and went back to the bar. Later she ended up getting sick all over herself and I had to take her home when she kept on asking for "at least a hug, If I was your girlfriend you would be comforting me"

I let her know if she was my g.f I wouldn't have said no to the b.j at the table, she wouldn't have had to get so drunk out of embarrassment and she wouldn't be covered in her own vomit.

Needless to say the friendship was never the same again after that night.
    Shoulda just taken the blowjob....

Dave! wrote: »
    Shoulda just taken the blowjob....

4 years on and i don't regret it, still with my woman today and have never cheated on her. I think if I had done it once I would have kept on cheating on her.

/cries Thinking of how awesome his early to mid twenties could have been while single

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thinks too much

cloneslad wrote: »
    4 years on and i don't regret it, still with my woman today and have never cheated on her. I think if I had done it once I would have kept on cheating on her.

/cries Thinking of how awesome his early to mid twenties could have been while single
    but did you tell your gf about your friend trying it on?

but did you tell your gf about your friend trying it on?

Did I hell. I still had to go to work so I wouldn't try to make her feel uncomfortable with other people working with me.
    She soon only became a work colleague and then she left a few weeks later as she had only been hired for 2 months to cover christmas.

I do tell her about people trying it on with me on nights out though, and she the same to me. She trusts me not to cheat so it's not an issue for us. Whenever she comes to my hometown someone always hits on her, I think she enjoys the compliment of someone chatting her up, and I enjoy busting his bubble by swooning in after he has put in the effort and time and giving her a kiss while passing by to the toilet or the bar and walking on again :)

Advertisement