Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

He's back!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FerrariRed

It's excellent news, and just in time for Christmas :) Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

FerrariRed wrote: »
    It's excellent news, and just in time for Christmas :) Can't wait!

I guess by your name your loyalties are going to be divided next year. Like mine!

I shall have to buy a Mercedes cap... (never thought I'd be saying that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

God where the hell do you buy a mercedes cap?:D
    Its going to be weird ive been wearing red for 13yrs!!

So excited for next season i could burst!!

Oh I'm sure Willi Weber will have the new merchandise rolling out soon enough :)

• Advertisement

enzo7 wrote: »
    God where the hell do you buy a mercedes cap?:D
    Its going to be weird ive been wearing red for 13yrs!!

So excited for next season i could burst!!

You mean you won't be wearing red anymore??

You'll find Mercedes caps will be in abundance at every track next year

Well for me it'll be Schumi first, Ferrari second. So some of the red will be put on hiatus...

smooch71 wrote: »
    You mean you won't be wearing red anymore??

You'll find Mercedes caps will be in abundance at every track next year

Unfortunately ill be hanging up my red cap:(
    My loyalties were always with schumacher.
    Will still be looking out for alonso/massa doe.

Great schumacher interview on the bbc red button with jake humphreys, his soooo fired up it fantastic to see:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

As long as Schumacher/Rosberg and Alonso/Massa beat Mclaren ill be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Unfortunately ill be hanging up my red cap:(
    My loyalties were always with schumacher.
    Will still be looking out for alonso/massa doe.

Great schumacher interview on the bbc red button with jake humphreys, his soooo fired up it fantastic to see:D

As much as I love Schumi I do love Ferrari. I'm torn, because as much of a Ferrari fan I am, I hate the current lineup of drivers at the big red team.

• Advertisement

As much as I love Schumi I do love Ferrari. I'm torn, because as much of a Ferrari fan I am, I hate the current lineup of drivers at the big red team.

Im def team schumacher, but i do still luv ferrari and i do want them to still do well. I actually like massa alot and he has been my favourite driver of the last 3 seasons. I was never really that bothered about alonso, great talent but with a questionable temperment. But i do think he has matured a hell of a lot over the last few yrs and i was really excited that ferrari signed him, having said that i would have taken anyone over the other fella:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

and Jenson Button went to McLaren because he wants a new challenge, now he's gotta put up with Hamilton Snr. in the garage and Schumi out on track, on slick tires and with a fully fuelled car, just like back in the day..

And lets not forget about Kamui "Kamikaze" Kobayashi belting around in a Sauber either..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Posted this in the other thread- so might aswell put it here. Seems like Santa came early to Schumacher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

thank you LORD theres a god afterall :D
    the season ahead could only be better if the start line/podium girls were in bikini's or something :pac:

amazing news, I was hoping I wasnt going to be disappointed by all the hype and then nothing but EJ knew all along :)

Bernie start in Jan instead! cant wait for march :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Wonder what his lid will look like!

Beekay wrote: »

or what colour socks he'll be wearing :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Beekay wrote: »

He might go back to his original white one now that he isnt at Ferrari. Or else he could use one like he had at Suzuka in 98 with the chrome which would be a nice match for the 'silver arrows' paintjob

Not to be pessimistic but apart from Prost and Lauda has anyone won a title coming back to F1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭THEDONWALDO

its great news about the reiginmeister, f1 was starting to get interesting last season, cant wait for the new season to start. hes gonna blitz the track...especially a certain lewis hamilton!

OP wrote:
    Schumachers back

Kimi who :confused:

me@ucd wrote: »
    Kimi who :confused:
    Raikkonen, WRC driver now :)

got 20 bucks on Schumacher for 2010 WDC, for nostalgias sake really...

• Advertisement

anyone else notice this:

Raikkonen goes to Ferrari -> Schumacher retires

Raikkonen leaves F1 -> Schumachers returns to F1

/conspiracy theory :D

all we need now is for Kimi to get a seat in a BMW or Renault
    :rubs hands:

Well the suspicion was always that Schumi was told Kimi was arriving and so it was his choice to retire or boot Massa...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

from Rubens Barrichello Twitter
    Experience is all that matters in F1 now..the team needed me last year and needs Schumi now.I hope for a great fight but a clean one as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I wonder will he have to be called the Silver Baron now instead of the Red Baron :)

This is great news. I bet Hamilton is raring to go up against Schumacher. I can just imagine them both heading into 130R or Eau Rouge or some place side by side playing "who's going to lift first".

F******g great news.

The good thing as well was he wasnt the stereotypical wooden puppet of old dressed in Ferrari Mercedes gear from head to toe, he was much more mellow and 'normal' I hope that continues when we see him at press conferences during the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

me@ucd wrote: »
    The good thing as well was he wasnt the stereotypical wooden puppet of old dressed in Ferrari Mercedes gear from head to toe, he was much more mellow and 'normal' I hope that continues when we see him at press conferences during the season.

In light of that, wasnt it great to see someone say 'I'm here to win the title' instead of the usual crap of saying 'im glad to be back, and we'll take things step by step' etc

frostie500 wrote: »
    In light of that, wasnt it great to see someone say 'I'm here to win the title' instead of the usual crap of saying 'im glad to be back, and we'll take things step by step' etc

Exactly, he was completely upfront - but in all honesty, he wasn't going to come back with the aim of just driving round some of the new circuits. As he said himself he's "completely fired up" and ready to go for it. Schumacher is always going to be in championship hunt mode, and all the better for us watching him do it :)

frostie500 wrote: »

ya i luved when he said that!! Its totally schumacher doe, he doesnt do things by halfs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Great news. Great for the sport in general and cant wait to see how it plays out.

So much talent in F1 now it really is unbelievable and the teams all seem closer than they've been in a long time so exciting times ahead.

Having said all that I can stand Mercedes or Schumacher so I know who'll be the villains for me next year.:D

• Advertisement

Another good thing is that he will be in the new F1 game,excellent!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I guess i'll be the damp squib and say sometimes people should stay retired. Hope it works out for him and he has a nice season for himself. We shall see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Had to repost this comment from an F1Fanatic poster
    Now the only thing missing is a pardon for Briatori and Simmonds. Then we could have that perfect team:
    Commercial Director: Briatori
    Technical Director: Brawn
    Key Technical Personnel: Stepney, Coughlan and Simmonds
    Driver line-up: Schumi and Alonso, with Piquet Jr. as a reserve.
    Don’t worry, in case they step out of line, Jean Todt would be there to keep an eye on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

COMMMON, time is already going so sllooooooowww. This is gona be the longest 12 weeks of my life!!! GOWAN SCHUEY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

From Schumacher's Web site
    "I have decided to return to Formula One. Mercedes GP and I agreed on teaming up for the coming 3 seasons. And to be honest, I'm already super excited by the prospect to be back in a F1 cockpit.

I don't want to deny at all that the idea of a German F1 team extremely tempts me. I guess every German driver would feel this way. And of course it plays a major role that I again can work together with Ross at Mercedes GP. Above all, however, my old hunger for racing is back. In Abu Dhabi, when Ross asked me if I could imagine returning to F1, I felt that I wasn't ready for it. But only two weeks later, when he called me once again, I realized that my old passion was returning. Suddenly I was on fire again. For me, the imagination to be back in a F1 car and to compete for the world championships is exciting and extremely inspiring.

That is why my thoughts initially go to Ferrari. I'm very pleased that the split-up goes off that harmoniously and that we are still on friendly terms with each other. I would really like to thank Luca di Montezemolo and the whole Ferrari team big time for the time we spent together and for giving me the opportunity to leave Ferrari in friendship. It's such deeds that make up a true friendship, as even though the contract has not yet been signed, we had promised each other to further cooperate by shaking hands. I will always carry a big part of Ferrari in my heart and I will never forget the sympathy and passion of the 'tifosi'. They supported my all over the world with their devotion - thank you very much for that!

I didn't take this decision lightly at all, especially because of that. Ferrari and I have been working together for 14 years and I've experienced a lot of great moments with the team during this time. Most of my life as a Formula 1 driver is 'red' and so there is strong solidarity and loyalty to these guys who have accompanied me and have always built great cars for me. This solidarity will remain, even though our teams will be competitors on the race track - because I'm certain that Ferrari will regain its former strength since the crew is really strong and committed.

Mercedes GP will be a new challenge for me which is extremely attractive. I have no doubt at all that the team will be really strong. They showed by winning the two world championships that there is meshing a fascinating mixture of high professionalism and deepest passion. The relation between the competence of Mercedes and the current world champion team is extremely attractive and promises a good performance. I think the duels on the race track will be electrifying. Especially since I've got the feeling as if, for me personally, the circle closes after all the years I spent in Formula One. I concluded my first ever driver's contract with Mercedes - back then in Group C and Le Mans - and Mercedes also supported me when entering the F1.

Until recently, I was absolutely sure that I had ended my career as a race driver at Ferrari. But sometimes things change suddenly and unexpectedly. All of a sudden, the framework conditions aren't the same anymore. At that point, you have to reconsider the decisions you've made. And, to tell the truth, the failed comeback attempt last summer gave me reason to reconsider my situation. I was surprised myself how fast and how strong I committed myself to this topic again. Apparently, my batteries recharged completely during the last three years. And when - thanks to Ross - the opportunity arose to drive for Mercedes GP, I realized that my old motivation was back, full of fresh energy and great force.

Physically, I feel absolutely fit. I already realized in summer how fast I achieved my former performance values by exercising specifically. And ever since, I kept on exercising. My neck is absolutely free of complaints. I can now do the same neck work-out as I did when I was still racing. This wasn't possible in summer because back then only five months had passed since my accident and so my neck wasn't cured completely. In the meantime this isn't a problem any more.

I absolutely enjoyed my current life in those three years, doing a lot of things. There were no bored feelings or something like this, I was doing Karting and Biking without big hazzle. Now I am geared up to compete on a serious level again. I know that my change of mind happened rather suddenly and I think it's great that Corinna appreciates my passion and that she absolutely backs me and my decision. When I told her about my plans, she immediately felt that I am serious about it and she instantly gave her approval.

To put it simply: I'm totally fired up for next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Glad to see one of the greatest F1 drivers back :D

• Advertisement

All we need now is Hakkinen and Murray Walker to return..... :D

Red Storm wrote: »
    All we need now is Hakkinen and Murray Walker to return..... :D

Now that would be too good to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Gintonious wrote: »
    As long as Schumacher/Rosberg and Alonso/Massa beat Mclaren ill be happy

Shouldnt that be
    As long as Schumacher/Rosberg and Mclaren beat Alonso/Massa

Show the spaghetti bunch that they just threw away lots of millions by paying off Kimi and hiring Alonso :D

vectra wrote: »
    Shouldnt that be

Show the spaghetti bunch that they just threw away lots of millions by paying off Kimi and hiring Alonso :D

No you got it wrong,took you a while to turn up as well,have you dried your eyes now that that Kimi guy is gone?

No you got it wrong,took you a while to turn up as well,have you dried your eyes now that that Kimi guy is gone?

No,
    Jordan went and I stayed with no tears so tough luck bud.

Kimi is just a driver.. same as the other 26 on this years grid are.;)

Have a bad christmas or something?
    was Santa not good to you?
    you appear to be a little grumpy :D

• Advertisement

Ficus wrote: »
    Lads, keep it on topic and take it easy.

From what I can read on my post i was keeping it on topic until I got a bit of Rubbish talk thrown my direction. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

I'm absolutely thrilled to see the return of Michael Schumacher. The last three seasons of F1 have been exciting and there is great driving talent; Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel; but in my mind none of them have yet shown to be an equal to Michael. Coming back at the age of 41 with a team whom most think will be a fraction behind the pacesetters next years is risky but my God it's going to make for compelling viewing. Now I just need to decided whether to attend Monaco, Silverstone, Montréal or Spa next year!

vectra wrote: »
    No,
    Jordan went and I stayed with no tears so tough luck bud.

Kimi is just a driver.. same as the other 26 on this years grid are.;)

Have a bad christmas or something?
    was Santa not good to you?
    you appear to be a little grumpy :D

Santa brought the best gift ever, Michael Schumacher.

Santa brought the best gift ever, Michael Schumacher.

yep santa was very good this year:D

Im hoping next year he brings me an 8 times world champion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Im hoping next year he brings me an 8 times world champion.

Me too though I have a cut out on my wall where he states that he has always wanted 10 :)

Thinking of going to a Grand Prix this year now that I have an added excuse...now which to choose as ticket prices are cheaper if you catch them early. Been to Monza and Spa so thinking Germany :)

me three:D.

How did you do spa diy or a package deal. Always wanted to do spa but always ended up going back to monza. Spas top of the list for nxt season doe.

me three:D.

How did you do spa diy or a package deal. Always wanted to do spa but always ended up going back to monza. Spas top of the list for nxt season doe.

No, avoided package deals, they're usually a bit of a rip off as far as I know. Got decent seats for spa, spent E280 for tickets....but I was planted on Eau Rouge so I'm not gonna complain :) Saw Massa overtaking JPM right in front of me in his Sauber and Ryan Briscoe thrash his Toyota up the hill. Twas brilliant....can't believe it was 2004 now!

Tickets for eau rouge are 420euro nxt season:mad:. Sound amazing doe. Where did ye stay? I priced the package deals it seems crazy price. Defo going to do spa this year, better start saving for those eau rouge tickets:D

Stayed in Aachen, Germany, just on the border between Germany and Belgium. It was fine because we had a rental car.

Yeah, E420 is crazy! I was looking up Germany and Hungary and they have nice early bird prices up until February I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement