Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volvo sold to China

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

realistically, with Great Wall motors set to be imported, and Volvo being 'sold to China', are we looking at a European market being dominated by Chinese designed/copied!/manufactured motors within the next 10-15 years? i.e. is all this recent news just the start of a major change in our market?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Mailman wrote: »
    3-series is in top 10 sellers in UK. I don't work off sales in Ireland. Flagship models make sales for bread and butte models for premium car manufacturers. This has always been the case.
    3 series, so what?
    That 3.2 is a Ford engine designed partially in sweden, manufactured in a Ford plant and used elsewhere in LandRover product.
    The 3.2 is a volvo designed engine manufactured by ford. The 4.4 v8 is a joint volvo/yamaha engine manufactured by yamaha.
    That Diesel is a horrible thing. You have heard positive reviews and I've heard negative reviews and had first hand experience of it in an XC90. My brother disliked it so much he traded it in very soon after buying it new.
    Motoring press have never ever panned the D5 engine. Many times they haven't been overly positive, but they've never been overly critical either. Maybe it's just poorly implemented in the XC90.

Regardless, we've still come a long way from
    "Volvo generally didn't build their own engines for the last few decades. With Volvo all along it was the first thing I'd check when ever a new Volvo car was released to market.
    Sometimes it was a good thing - latest Focus engines. Sometimes bad - ancient Renault lumps."

Reckon you have enough evidence to admit you're wrong?

Advertisement