Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking meters not working!

Options
  • 23-12-2009 12:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭

Just come out of Johns Green car park. The meters (two of them) were not working- wouldnt take coins, rang the helpline got the bla di bla. Guy said he'd just been up there and they were fine etc., Fact -they were not. They didn't work. They obviously were not designed to work in cold weather. This problem has been confirmed by a business in the area. Can the council get anything right. Very frustrating when you have a group of small children in tow. No wonder people go to other towns to shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I parked on Black Mill Street recently and all the parking meters up as far as Market Cross were out of order. I took a photo of each one on my phone and went on my way. One of two out or order is annoying but to have that many not working? I'm not walkng all over town to pay for my parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

ergonomics wrote: »
    I parked on Black Mill Street recently and all the parking meters up as far as Market Cross were out of order. I took a photo of each one on my phone and went on my way. One of two out or order is annoying but to have that many not working? I'm not walkng all over town to pay for my parking.

+ 1 parked down by Johns Bridge and meter was out of order...was trying to think were the nearest meter to there was and figured I'd have to walk over the Bridge and up Johns St...no way was I doing that so left a note on the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I have had parking meters in this town take my money and then refuse point blank to acknowledge it.

Keep a pen and scrap of paper in the car and if it happens just write a note explaining to the nice parking man that the parking metres are in collusion with the government as part of a city-wide extortion racket to the detriment of good honest parking fee paying motorists such as yourself.

Then leave the note up on the dash. That's what I do.

Advertisement