Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Transfers

Options
  • 23-12-2009 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

So Levy says we have to sell to buy so just rumours so far but here we go

So Brazillian midfielder from Internacional Sandro he can play infront of the back four or centre back Redknapp and levy both admitted talks are on going for him.

Pav/Bently/Hutton rumoured to be on the way out.

Keane and dawson linked with moves away but don't see these two going I hope they don't anyway.

Harry had said he was interested in another centre half but i think Sandro will be that extra one especially with Bassong not going to ANC now too

Also talk of a new back up keeper for Gomes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I wouldn't be surprised if we do make the move for Upson, which has been reported in the press.

I'm also assuming we'll be looking for cover in the goalkeeper position.

I think we'll also be saying 'bon voyage' to Pavlyuchenko, Bentley and Hutton.

I don't think there will be much in the way of 'big' transfer activity in this window although it will be interesting to see what the other clubs chasing top four will be doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i would like to see pav/ hutton and bentley to go.

bring in sandro, bellamy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

In: Upson, Bellamy, Sandro
    Out: Pav, Bentley, Hutton

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

ESPN saying Sandro is just waiting to see if he can get a work permit and everything will be sorted in the next few days when they find out if it will be granted.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=719517&sec=transfers&cc=5739&cc=5739

I don't think i have ever been this excited about a player i have never seen before but i guess when people start comparing him to Dunga how can i not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

robbie has to go im afraid, thanks for the wonderfull service excluding the last few months when you returned with your tail between your legs... to think that we paid 15m or there abouts to bring him back when we wouldnt push that far to get arshavin... anyways, i reckon we should get what we can for him because he's a spent force.
    if we could get RVN in on an 18 month contract that would be a great replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Van Nistelrooy def up for sale but he's wages are £140k/week!!! I was reading in the Sun the other day that Liverpool are favourites to sign him. I would have a look at him, if he's fit and as sharp as when he was at Man U i'd take him to the end of the season - he'd be playing for his World Cup place and would probably relish the challenge at WHL. We'll see.

Van Nistelrooy def up for sale but he's wages are £140k/week!!! I was reading in the Sun the other day that Liverpool are favourites to sign him. I would have a look at him, if he's fit and as sharp as when he was at Man U i'd take him to the end of the season - he'd be playing for his World Cup place and would probably relish the challenge at WHL. We'll see.

RVN would be a great signing but i cant see Levy sanctioning those wages for a 33 year old.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    RVN would be a great signing but i cant see Levy sanctioning those wages for a 33 year old.
    I can't see it happening either.

If I was Levy/Harry I would try to get him, subject to a very strict medical ofcourse, on a short-term 6 month contract on a performance-based pay basis rising to £140k/week depending on appearances/goals/team success to the end of the season. It would act as a kind of a World Cup incentive package for him and with no transfer fee could be cost effective for us.

But like I said, can't see it happening.

We will have to act up-front soon or later though. I'm only really 100% convinced by Defoe out of all of our strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Columbo

I would love to see RVN at the Lane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sligo Spur

Can't see RVN happening myself.

Looking at other forums the early news is;

RK going nowhere this window.
    Hutton,and possibly, Bentley to Sunderland.
    Sandro unlikely to be done til the summer, if at all.
    James unlikely to happen
    Sniffin at Upson and Richards

But then again................................it's 'Arry we're talkin about.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

As with every transfer window (well at least the past 2 or 3) we're being linked with Veloso again!!

Well we could do with an extra player in cm as i think both jenas and palacios are both on 4 yellows if both of them where to pick up a yello on sunday we'd be left short for the following week unless Lennon was back and we could put one of them in the centre
    Still one more defensive mid please!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sligo Spur

I thought all yellows got wiped out 31/12.

Open to correction though.

Still would like a CM to come in this window though.

Just bought veloso on Fifa 10 so hoping he works out will report to Harry if it works well:pac:

Well we could do with an extra player in cm as i think both jenas and palacios are both on 4 yellows if both of them where to pick up a yello on sunday we'd be left short for the following week unless Lennon was back and we could put one of them in the centre
    Still one more defensive mid please!!
    Yep, there is room for one more defensive CM as cover as we never replaced Zakora. We'd be better off just bringing back O'Hara as a squad player though - he would do just as good a job as anyone as back-up.

I would rather try to pull out all the stops and get a really world-class forward thinking player to really make a difference.

Someone like Van Nistelrooy may have grabbed the elusive goal we needed against the likes of Wolves & Stoke and also may make the difference by scoring against the likes of Man U, Arse and Chelski.

Without Rooney, Drogba and Torres, Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool are no better than us - we need somehow to get that class of player to really get us up there.

Didn't realise Joe Cole is available on a Bosman in the summer, would you try get him. Would probably want 80k a week. Harry is known to be a big fan !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Kastiel

Didn't realise Joe Cole is available on a Bosman in the summer, would you try get him. Would probably want 80k a week. Harry is known to be a big fan !

I've always wanted to see Joe Cole at the lane, buy him all the time for Spurs in football manager :pac:

Never know with Harry, may convince him. If Defoe is still there it may help too, old West Ham buddies.

Hope not, he wouldn't make much difference if at all - no better than Modric, Kranjcar, Lennon etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Kastiel

Hope not, he wouldn't make much difference if at all - no better than Modric, Kranjcar, Lennon etc.

Better than Jenas, not sure but I could swear he was used as a central midfielder at West Ham more than a winger?

• Advertisement

Kastiel wrote: »
    Better than Jenas, not sure but I could swear he was used as a central midfielder at West Ham more than a winger?
    Not sure. Modric is really our Joe Cole - and I would rather have Luca TBH. Harry likes a tougher central midfield, and i agree with him.

Today has proved again how the top teams aren't that much better, if at all. Arsenal only draw at home to Everon. As I write this Man U are losing to Birmingham at half-time.

I honestly think we are a 20+ league goal a season striker to partner Defoe away from challenging right at the top of the league. For instance, if we had Wayne Rooney or Fernando Torres I would be targetting winning the premier league itself right now.

We need to find £20m and get one, or take a risk on a veteran superstar like Van Nistelooy.

Apparently Harry interested in Van Nistelrooy but can't fund the wages. The only way this is going to happen is on a loan deal til the end of the season and if Madrid pay half the wages - all parties would have to agree for this to happen!

Benfica have turned down a €5m offer for saviola according to goal.com

Crazy Season is officially here we are being linked with Flamini of AC milan

Tottenham poised to sign £6m Sandro

From Gaurdian newspaper so pretty reputable not sewn up yet but if he's been talked up this much I really can't wait to see him in the flesh at the lane
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...harry-redknapp

There has been a bit of talk today about go gong on loan to Pompey which I think would be great for both teams as it would mean we'd get to see what he can do at this level with a run in the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

the sandro story is on sky sports as well so looks like a banker

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I disagree. Whilst our wingers are top notch, Joe Cole is one of the best LMs in the world. Always thought that lad was class. We'd still have use for Krancjar too as he is a bit of a sick note.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i heard he is looking for more in the region of over100grand a week.

still aquality player woud love to see him

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »
    I disagree. Whilst our wingers are top notch, Joe Cole is one of the best LMs in the world. Always thought that lad was class. We'd still have use for Krancjar too as he is a bit of a sick note.
    I'm not disputing his a class player. Just given we already have enough quality in that position (Modric, Kranjkar, Lennon) and our budget is extremely limited - I would rather use our limited resources to strengthen where we actualy need strengthening - IMO upfront, but we also need a commanding central midfielder and perhaps centre back cover as more of a priority than bringing in another Modric.

Advertisement