Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo's of the Week #23 & #24 - 19/11/09 to 10/12/09

• 23-12-2009 1:06pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

<Image Removed>

This fantastic shot was contributed by Pint.

Loads of atmosphere in this image. Well Done.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Beautiful photo. Well done:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I love the blue tint from all of pint's photo's. Its very distinctive. That and the gorgeous brokeh in all of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Wow... great shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DPRestoration

That's a great shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Excellent capture, Congratulations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Great shot indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

love that shot. well done and congrats on photo of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

absolutly fantastic shot, well done

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Well ..... when you are on a roll .....

I have extended this thread as Pint has won the Photo of the Week for two weeks in a row!

This is the Winning shot #24.

<Image Removed>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭mindundalk

great shots, keep em coming
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Pint

Thank you very much guys. I must say I was quite astonished with the feedback I got on the dog photo. Over 90 thanks and photo of the day on pixie, I wasn't even going to upload this photo, until I got a few comments on it from friends, something I usually wouldn't. Its not particularly a great photo just a great moment that I thought might get a few laughs.

And about the dog, his name was Frank ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Can I be Frank? :)

Can you tell us something about the Boy in the Rain shot above as well. Where was it? Is there a story behind it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Love the dog shot!:)

Ah of course, nothing particularly special behind that shot, apart from the fact both me and my equipment got absolutely soaked trying to get it. . Shot this in an apartment courtyard around Tsim Sha Tsui, a very urbanised, run down part of Hong Kong ; full of character and great for street shots. An hour prior to this shot I had just picked up the 70-200 f/2.8 so despite the fact it was raining cats and dogs I had to get out on the streets and give it a test run. Very glad I did buy it now, if I hadn't I wouldn't have been in wandering around Chungking Mansions which means I wouldn't have came across the run down apartment block and I wouldn't have gotten that shot.

And about the boy, his name wasn't Frank... and I'm not quite sure what he was doing lying in the pouring rain but I guess that's part of the magic behind it, I'm sure he had his reasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

2 excellent shots. Love the 'Frank' one, looks like he could talk to you !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Someone also noted on pix that your photos look almost cinematic, which they do. I think they are super, I really do hope they get printed would be such a shame to lie about in a hard drive !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Just bumping this as I noticed the photo got Tweet of the Year. A fitting accomplishment for a great photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Great shots Pint.
    It's obivious you have a real talent, a great eye and very nice subtle pp skills. I'm very jealous, but in a positive way. :) Looking forward to seeing more in the coming year.

David OS

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Yeah, congrats on the Pix.ie photo of the year. Well done and well deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Well done on both and on your selection as shot of the year on Pixie. Great stuff and fantastic work!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Love your work Pint. The boy in the rain is absolutely an amazing capture and full of feeling. Truly worthy of Pix TOTY.

As for Frank. What a blast. Glad you shared it. Brought a smile to many a face.

Thank you an well done.

Thanks folks. Im absolutely ecstatic that I got photo of the year. I didn't think for a second I would even come close. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Pint wrote: »
    Thanks folks. Im absolutely ecstatic that I got photo of the year. I didn't think for a second I would even come close. :)

I've just removed my "thumbs up" and hope everyone else does the same :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I've just removed my "thumbs up" and hope everyone else does the same :mad:

I'm confused:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

What a fraud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

That's just low, pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I can honestly say that the pic of the boy in the rain is my favourite pic ever posted on boards, if not the internet.

:confused::confused: Why do that? Pint was always going to get caught out

Any then to go to all this bother about lying about the shot

picard-facepalm.jpg943182047d1249721477-happy-birthday-frank-facepalm.jpgfacepalm_statue.jpg633838673083134865-FACEPALM.jpg

Becuase one facepalm wouldn't do

....muppett

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

humberklog wrote: »
    Just bumping this as I noticed the photo got Tweet of the Year. A fitting accomplishment for a great photo.

gobsh!te

^^ We all got taken in by him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

filthy toe-rag,

I remember the shot when it was posted and i must agree with ya longshanks, its one of the best photos ive seen on the net to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Love your work Pint. The boy in the rain is absolutely an amazing capture and full of feeling. Truly worthy of Pix TOTY.

As for Frank. What a blast. Glad you shared it. Brought a smile to many a face.

Thank you an well done.

Gobsh1te +2

What a waste of space. I was talking to Sineadw and Cabansail last night and was shocked to hear this. This ash01e thought he could create an online persona by nicking other peoples work and presenting it as his own. Congrats to Daycent for spotting this. Good ridance to yet another waster.

As for my comments on the images, they remain the same. Truly wonderful images and worthy of all the praise they get - for the original photographer(s)

Advertisement