Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Digiweb traffic quota system

• 23-12-2009 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Is Digiweb running a new type of traffic system?

Looking at the http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie/ page (see below) there's a new column on the right...

Previously its always been the "Last 30 days"

But the new column of "Since last traffic counter reset" seems a more aptly named value to take as counting.

99823.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I remember quite a while ago everyone had their traffic reset for some reason and there was something like this. So the last column would be the figure you use for the moment. Could be wrong though.
    Usually you go by the 30 day figure as it is measured on a rolling 30 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Digiweb reset the caps on the metro connections today as part of a christmas bonus type-thing. There was a mail sent out by Digiweb this morning mentioning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Moriarty wrote: »
    Digiweb reset the caps on the metro connections today as part of a christmas bonus type-thing. There was a mail sent out by Digiweb this morning mentioning it.

Cheers, thanks. Thats nice to know. More downloading so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Happy days :)

About to go a good few gb's pass the normal quota! Here's hoping that I don't get penalised! :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

72hundred wrote: »
    About to go a good few gb's pass the normal quota! Here's hoping that I don't get penalised! :o
    Their system is (or at least was back when I was using them) automated to lower speeds to dial up when going past the limit (30 day rolling).

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

Moriarty wrote: »

They haven't reset mine. I am still on 22Gb in the last 30? Anyone elses not being reset?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

They charge over the normal broadband rates for lesser services (ie their 3.5ghz service) and dont reset that traffic. Seems only Metro traffic was reset. Not sure if it was done in the Christmas spirit.

I actually find Digiweb a very good service. In the 2 years I have used it, it has never gone down. Speeds are consistent and its actually very good for gaming giving a 30ping very often. They only drawback to digiweb is the amount you can download. I would like 60Gb a month or the option for an unlimited. I can understand the rolling month setup as digiweb would be useless at the end of each month with noobs downloading movies before a quota is reset. In a way it does work to our advantage in terms of consistent download speeds.

My traffic has not being reset for christmas. I am gonna give them a ring about it on the 4th Jan when they return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Mine hasn't been officially reset, but I'm on the DSL Xtra (40gb cap) and am currently sitting at 99.5Gb (damn Steam sale). They have me down as not restricted and speedtest is showing 6.5Mb/s, so I certainly can't complain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭LovetohateTV

I moved away from digiweb because if the caps they have.

I moved to NTL for €10 cheaper and unlimited download and 4 times faster speed.

Happy Days.

Blowfish wrote: »
    Mine hasn't been officially reset, but I'm on the DSL Xtra (40gb cap) and am currently sitting at 99.5Gb (damn Steam sale). They have me down as not restricted and speedtest is showing 6.5Mb/s, so I certainly can't complain.

Can you let me know how the excess downloading goes- if there's any penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

DHFrame wrote: »
    I actually find Digiweb a very good service. In the 2 years I have used it, it has never gone down. Speeds are consistent and its actually very good for gaming giving a 30ping very often. They only drawback to digiweb is the amount you can download. I would like 60Gb a month or the option for an unlimited. I can understand the rolling month setup as digiweb would be useless at the end of each month with noobs downloading movies before a quota is reset. In a way it does work to our advantage in terms of consistent download speeds.

My traffic has not being reset for christmas. I am gonna give them a ring about it on the 4th Jan when they return.

Hi DHFrame

I was just wondering what Digiweb service do you have to get 30ping:)
    Thanks.

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    Hi DHFrame

Thanks.

I get 30 ping on metro 8mb. Didn't think that should be unusual.

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    Hi DHFrame

Thanks.

Metro. 8mb. I am in Portlaoise. The reason i mentioned it, is that people who have a wired internet connection e.g. ntl should be getting a reliable ping often. The fact that we have a box transmitting from our roof would suggest we would have a higher ping. The fact I am getting a 30ms on digiweb as opposed to 100ms I was getting on Eircom would suggest that alot of the wired ADSL internet connections are choking. Or the telecoms infastracture here is ancient and needs updating. Probably sometimes this decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 parkinsson

pings are fine but that broadband limit is terrible. a bit of youtube and fiew pages and 1gig is gone for a day. try with net limiter what's your real traffic (its lower for 10-15% than whats they are showing). they are counting everything not download or upload files i mean, a skype for an hour with camera will be 200megs. o lol. cheaters :eek: i've got this 30 gig a month for 40 euro and for 32 you can have 15megs down with no limits with ntl. they where good 10 years ago. madness. sry for english. pozdrawiam

Advertisement