Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a kitten

Options
  • 23-12-2009 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi there. Can anyone help? I need a kitten for Christmas Eve. The one I was supposed to get has been double-booked! Breed doesn't matter, and I don't approve of paying people to breed cats, so I'm just looking to give a good home to a wee cat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

If its for a christmas present please reconsider, pets do not make good presents and many end up dumped after christmas when the novelty and cuteness wears off them and people realise that they require training, money etc... And remember that this kitten could be around for the next 15+ years.
    Its the wrong time of year to be looking for a kitten as kitten season is generally during the summer, but there is still the odd few around. I think mayo spca have a few kittens at the moment but I highly doubt they will rehome them this side of christmas, so you may have to wait until after christmas. You could try ringing Sligo Animal Rescue, but its the same story there in that the won't rehome this side of christmas. Sspca have no kittens at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Berlin_100642

dee o gee wrote: »
    If its for a christmas present please reconsider, pets do not make good presents and many end up dumped after christmas when the novelty and cuteness wears off them and people realise that they require training, money etc... And remember that this kitten could be around for the next 15+ years.
    Its the wrong time of year to be looking for a kitten as kitten season is generally during the summer, but there is still the odd few around. I think mayo spca have a few kittens at the moment but I highly doubt they will rehome them this side of christmas, so you may have to wait until after christmas. You could try ringing Sligo Animal Rescue, but its the same story there in that the won't rehome this side of christmas. Sspca have no kittens at the moment.

Believe me, the decision to get a kitten has been taken after much discussion. Its to replace an animal which died, so we are a cat-friendly family. We won't be dumping anything.

Berlin wrote: »
    Believe me, the decision to get a kitten has been taken after much discussion. Its to replace an animal which died, so we are a cat-friendly family. We won't be dumping anything.

Thats good to hear, sorry I get a little worked up with people getting pets as presents as I see so many dumped in pounds or sold on again come january and february.
    Try the animals and pets issues forum, I think there was somebody in the rehoming thread rehoming a kitten in sligo recently. Maybe wait until after christmas to rehome one as its a bit of a deadline giving yourself until tomorrow to find one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

trip to the pet store should do the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

ill sell ya a rabbit if ya want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

No need to visit a pet store.

Go to the pound, plenty of great little kittens just begging for a warm home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Giedre

I have a kitten for adoption. He is black and white male. Very playful. He is around 16 weeks old. We can't keep him, because we have other big cat and he is not very happy. Litter trained. Kitten is in cavan....

trip to the pet store should do the trick

In case you haven't noticed theres no pet shops around the northwest that sell kittens or pups, even if there was like a few in dublin, then Id tell you do not under any circumstances buy one from a pet shop.

Berlin, have you found a kitten yet? Leitrim animal welfare (in drumkeeran I think) would be worth a call to, they may have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

In case you haven't noticed theres no pet shops around the northwest that sell kittens or pups, even if there was like a few in dublin, then Id tell you do not under any circumstances buy one from a pet shop.

Berlin, have you found a kitten yet? Leitrim animal welfare (in drumkeeran I think) would be worth a call to, they may have some.

yes it is in drumkeeran

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

My cat is looking a bit thin the last couple of days, there may be a litter in the shed somewhere. If you still need one let me know.

• Advertisement

bennyc wrote: »
    My cat is looking a bit thin the last couple of days, there may be a litter in the shed somewhere. If you still need one let me know.

Please will you check if there is a litter in your shed, these cold nights would probably kill a newborn kitten, so if there is will you bring them inside or at least provide them with some warm bedding and consider getting the cat neutered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Please will you check if there is a litter in your shed, these cold nights would probably kill a newborn kitten, so if there is will you bring them inside or at least provide them with some warm bedding and consider getting the cat neutered.

The shed is well insulated probably warmer than the house these days, so the only danger any kittens would be under round here is the f$%king tom taking any of the male ones again.

Advertisement