Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Christmas Cold Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

If it does snow how far north will it extend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

malman wrote: »
    If it does snow how far north will it extend?

You'll have a good chance in navan with the easterly bringing heavy showers onshore later.
    However this main low can't be precisely tracked yet so.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Guys I'm supposed to travel from Waterford to Skerries on Tuesday. In your opinion will this be a dangerous drive to take on? the forecasts seem unpredictable at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Interesting thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Started raining/sleeting here in Armagh.

I'll most likely head back to Dublin tomorrow, hopefully the roads will be ok then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

redsunset wrote: »
    I quote from my previous post last night;

Well whatever happens tuesday through to the end of the week,it has at least caught the attention of Met Eireann for them to show red warning triangles for the risk of snow

They said it with lovely graphics too if you don't mind.

Here's Hoping!

I have the camera and video cam charged and at the ready!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 SA1

Was hoping to travel from Clonakilty in West Cork to Killarney today.Is it wise to try it, or should I just forget about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Well, the 06z charts this morning are simply disgusting. Out of all of Ireland next week, the east and north can hope for some backedge snow and wintry showers on New Year's Eve.

The "channel low" goes through Ireland for a shortcut:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

God the roads here are a utter disaster still. Anywhere untreated has about half a cm of pure ice, never ever saw anything like it. It just looks like a shiny road surface and then you try to walk on it and is impossible.
    Am utterly dreading driving into work nevermind coming home after dark.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Am utterly dreading driving into work nevermind coming home after dark.

Good luck and take care!

• Advertisement

Well, the 06z charts this morning are simply disgusting. Out of all of Ireland next week, the east and north can hope for some backedge snow and wintry showers on New Year's Eve.

The "channel low" goes through Ireland for a shortcut:mad:

Silly GFS on the brandy all day yesterday:D

It's not thinking straight.

Ignore that run.
    Im expecting it to remain to our south so we won't press nuclear button yet..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Peter

Brillant looking forecast for the week there on BBC1, looks like we could be in for a real snowfest this week.

Massive varience in the 6z, it could be a snowfest or a rainfest, rain more likely on average of course. interesting stuff. I just wish the poxy ice everywhere would melt.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

ah let the will it won't it begin in earnest:D

followed by furious shaking of fists to the sky when some place 20 miles down the road from you is getting very heavy snowfall on Wednesday in a bitter east to north east wind, as the rain pours down over you and you curse the weather gods for their loki-like antics

rain rapidly turning to snow on the bbc graphics in the week ahead forecast over Ireland.
    inland and high ground first but then it hangs around as it slides south.
    looked like a major plastering eventually even on low ground and an almighty plastering for annamoe.
    Followed by heavy snow showers in off the irish sea to all levels.
    It looked very good!

It looks like the cold air in situ over scotland is shifting south and is like mt cranium suggested going to rise the thickness levels to more what continental america needs for snow-say 532 dam or so.

so in summary possibly snow to high ground at the start and a transfer to snow gradually over 12 hrs into south leinster north munster -eventually turning even on the coast followed by heavy snow showers into the east.

What more could you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

redsunset wrote: »
    Silly GFS on the brandy all day yesterday:D

It's not thinking straight.

Ignore that run.
    Im expecting it to remain to our south so we won't press nuclear button yet..:D

Prob wont get a good run till tomorrows 6z when the human input is back.

rain rapidly turning to snow on the bbc graphics in the week ahead forecast over Ireland.
    inland and high ground first but then it hangs around as it slides south.
    looked like a major plastering eventually even on low ground and an almighty plastering for annamoe.
    Followed by heavy snow showers in off the irish sea to all levels.
    It looked very good!

It looks like the cold air in situ over scotland is shifting south and is like mt cranium suggested going to rise the thickness levels to more what continental america needs for snow-say 532 dam or so.

so in summary possibly snow to high ground at the start and a transfer to snow gradually over 12 hrs into south leinster north munster -eventually turning even on the coast followed by heavy snow showers into the east.

Oh No BB ,you've gone and done it.

WHY??????????

The RAMP of the year award goes to you:D

And here's me biting my tongue so people don't think i've gone mad, well feck it,feck it anyway.:pac:

Plenty of human input from Thomas a trained professional ukmo meteorologist on the bbc week ahead forecast as I posted above so I wouldn't worry at this stage.

Lets see what glasnevin make of it in their version in less than an hour.

For it to verify :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

God BB I really hope you are right, I've been having serious doubts this morning over next week's snow event after watching the sky news forecast. For tues/Weds it shows the rain band moving in from the south turning to snow in the UK... but heavy rain in Ireland.

Really really hope your version of events is the right one! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Who is doing the farming forecast today?

I quite fancy Tuesday and Wednesday off work, BB I'm blaming you if it doesnt happen!

Supercell wrote: »
    I quite fancy Tuesday and Wednesday off work, BB I'm blaming you if it doesnt happen!

Lol.

I am also working those days and was hoping for the same.

It's about time we saw some flakes here in Dublin. The last cold spell has been a bit like a rocking party your neighbour is having and has failed to invite you to. All you can hear is muffled bass through your wall.

Kippure wrote: »
    Who is doing the farming forecast today?
    Yeah-Like everone else,we're wondering what sort of tight space suit Jean byrne will be wearing today :D

Plenty of human input from Thomas a trained professional ukmo meteorologist on the bbc week ahead forecast as I posted above so I wouldn't worry at this stage.

Lets see what glasnevin make of it in their version in less than an hour.

i find the bbc precipitation chart to be more reliable. so this is presumably why you finally got your ticket;)

Jean Byrne is lovely. she can wear anything she wants and still look good:o

Jean Byrne is lovely. she can wear anything she wants and still look good:o

Or noting at all. :o

That would make for interesting viewing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Yeah-Like everone else,we're wondering what sort of tight space suit Jean byrne will be wearing today :D

Man that was some dress, Holy lord, She is hot. The whole famailly were stunned and silenced when she was on.

Any way i hope its Evelyn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Get a grip on ye'selves.
    ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement