Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from films for not accepting a mod telling me to shut up

Options
  • 23-12-2009 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭

Banned from films for commenting that having to put spoilers in a thread discussing a film was stupid. Posts have been deleted now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As with any discussion regarding moderation on this site, your first step is to PM the mod and discuss things. If you're not happy with the outcome, then you should PM a CMod, in this case AnCatDubh or Will. If they're not able to help you then come back to this thread and an admin will have a look at your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I pm'd the mod telling him i was opening this thread, seeing as he was so ridicolous to ban me in the first place for nothing i dont think normal reasonable discussion is an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Do I have permission to repost the PM I recieved?
    Then I'll show you reasonable debate.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Why not?

Unless there was something in the message that might make us think that you were being particularily constructive in your approach to the Mod.

If you still won't wish to have it published publically, that's fine. However Galvasean is free to forward it to me for review :)

• Advertisement

Oh there's no personal abuse or anything.

You can read it to your hearts content BB :)

Well I've had a look, and you didn't exactly strike me as being particularly polite or pleasant about it..

Dont see where thats a rule tbh, it was a ridiculous banning, i replied making my points in a frank and courteous manner, i didnt want to hold hands and chase rainbows with the mod after his over the top reaction.

If you think that was courteous, I'd suggest you re-evaluate your communication style. It was nothing of the sort.

With regard to your post on films: you made a comment that wasn't particularily constructive to the thread in question. The Mod proffered an explanation, which you then proceeded to have an (off topic) huff about (on thread). It was the wrong action, taken in the wrong place.

Would I have banned you in the mods place? Were you new, probably not. You aren't. You've been here long enough to know better (and had more than a fair share of warnings on various forums). I've no intention of overturning the Mods desicion in this case.

And you think his reply in the thread of "Drop it" was??

I wont be talked down to by some guy who has let the power of being a moderator on an internet forum go to his head.

I had no huff, the policy on the forum is clearly wrong, why would you read a thread about a movie you havent seen and then complain when people are discussing it, what the hell do you think is going to be in the thread?? No spoiler tags should be required.

You obviously will be sticking up for a fellow mod/admin as always happens here when someone questions a mod, i expected no different but was interested to see the response, thanks for you replies.

• Advertisement

..and had that been all he said, I might have an issue. It wasn't, however (as you are well aware).

We're not here to "always" back up the mods. We often don't (and just because you don't see it, doesn't mean we don't challenge/change Mod desicions or actions). The problem here is that you feel that way because you haven't got a desicion you like: I'm sorry about that, but I'm not going to overly worry about it either. You've got a history, and you've demonstrated an attitude here that makes it obvious why the moderator took the action he did.

As such, I'm closing this issue now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement