Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goran Pandev contract rescinded

• 23-12-2009 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Any takers? Given the striking problems the so called top four are/will be experiencing, this fella would be a nice option on a freebie.
    On a separate note, wonder if this legal case will have any implications or set a precedent for contracted players left out in the cold?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_5795199,00.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

pierrot wrote: »
    Any takers? Given the striking problems the so called top four are/will be experiencing, this fella would be a nice option on a freebie.
    On a separate note, wonder if this legal case will have any implications or set a precedent for contracted players left out in the cold?

Didn't realise he won that case. If so, that has absolutely huge implications for football. Bigger than Bosman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I've never seen him play, but he'll surely improve Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

He's versatile and has quite a decent scoring record in Serie A. Up until last year he was valued at up to 20 million, so there's a bargain to be had, if what I've heard is correct.

I've never seen him play, but he'll surely improve Liverpool

Until he is dropped, goes off in a strop, then sues the club to get out of his contract.

He's versatile and has quite a decent scoring record in Serie A. Up until last year he was valued at up to 20 million, so there's a bargain to be had, if what I've heard is correct.

But no club will ever pay a transfer fee for him again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I can smell the red and black off him from here.

Quality player and he was in the right in this case, Lazio's president is a clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

But no club will ever pay a transfer fee for him again.

They wont need to, hes free!

Fuhrer wrote: »
    They wont need to, hes free!

At the moment, but the point is that he has spiked his future earnings potential big time with this stunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Wait... can someone fill me in on the background to this? I was doing a dissertation all Summer and obviously missed this. Under what grounds was the contract rescinded?

Wenger should really be in for him if he's available on a free. I suspect he wont end up in England though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Up until last year he was valued at up to 20 million
    Wasn't that part of his gripe with Lazio though? That they were pricing clubs out of a move for him with an unrealistic valuation?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

he asked for more money, lazio said no, he asked for a transfer, lazio said yes, then rejected all offers made from him and then, after he offered to stay and play fro his place they froze him out of the squad and made him train by himself, they did the same to Christian Ledesma and Lorenzo De Silvestri.

Lotito is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Would be a great signing for any takers.
    Could be the steal of the decade :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

He'll be a fantastic coup - He'll end up at a Champions League side.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

He has the potential to be a greater free transfer than Voronin IMO.

Sign him up Rafa, if you have any money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

A player I've always admired,wouldnt mind seeing him at City!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

He has the potential to be a greater free transfer than Voronin IMO.

so does my 4 year old nephew :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement