Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EPL Team of the Year 2009 - Central Defence

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Turner
    Headshot wrote: »
    Slick you'd know well your a newbie with that post

it's the sf, where strange and bizarre things happen ;)

maybe we'll all get a christmas miracle and something logical might happen in one of these polls...

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Agger
    SlickRic wrote: »
    maybe we'll all get a christmas miracle and something logical might happen in one of these polls...

;)

I wouldnt put my house on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Shawcross
    Where's Tommy Vermaelen? I know he only joined at the start of the season but Jagielka is in the poll and he hasn't kicked a ball since April.

If Jagielka is there, Vermaelen should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Turner
    8-10 wrote: »
    If Jagielka is there, Vermaelen should be.

no.

vermaelen is very raw, and has got plaudits for his spectacular goalscoring, not really his defending.

he may look like vidic's brother, but he doesn't defend like him yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Gallas
    Johner wrote: »
    Bramble was probably one of the worst CB's in the Premier League with Newcastle, but he has been very very good with Wigan.One of the most improved players I have seen, all the criticism of him now us unfair, he is a solid CB now.
    I'll be honest and say that all I remember of Bramble was him looking like a broken man when we beat 'em 9-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Dawson
    So basically, there are 34 people on these boards who if you offered them tomorrow the choice of Dunne, Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Carvalho, Hangeeland they would choose Dunne? I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Gallas
    PHB wrote: »
    So basically, there are 34 people on these boards who if you offered them tomorrow the choice of Dunne, Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Carvalho, Hangeeland they would choose Dunne? I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that.
    Performance based*

I'd go for Carvalho though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Bramble
    Kold wrote: »
    Performance based*

Well then explain to me how a man who was shambolic during the most part of 2009 is along with Vidic (who is rightly included) the runaway contender for a spot in the team of the year.

Advertisement