Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric windows not working

• 23-12-2009 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

both electric windows, along with the electric sunroof in my mkiv Golf stopped working recently. Seeing as its not just the windows, im thinking it could be a fuse or something? Anyone any ideas or has this happened anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

pvt.joker wrote: »
    both electric windows, along with the electric sunroof in my mkiv Golf stopped working recently. Seeing as its not just the windows, im thinking it could be a fuse or something? Anyone any ideas or has this happened anyone else?

I think you are dead on there. Check your fuses. It could also be cabling, but unlikely.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If its more than one, yeah fuse seems likely.
    Check the fuse box and see if the is a list there which explains what fuse is for what. Then swap the fuse with a similar and try again.

In most VW's there's a label in the fuse box, that explains what fuses are what. Otherwise you'll find it in the manual of the car.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

cheers lads, ill check where the fuse box is

Can't remember where exactly where exactly in the Mk. 4 Golf, but VW is generally either under the bonnet or near the steering wheel somewhere.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mk4 Golf Fuse Box is on the drivers side of the Dash. Open the door and the access panel is between the door and the side of the dash.

Use a flat head or key to pop off the back and the KEY(Fuse Map Legend) should be on the back, failing that in the manual or GOOGLE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭jayotala

If its a decent spec it will prob have that comfort control module. If it goes you'd loose windows and sunroof. I think its under the passenger seat. Its like an ecu. Costs about 250.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

worrying development, ive replaced the fuse for the sunroof and still nothing :(
    also, ive noticed the interior lighting is gone also, not the instrument lighting.
    hopefully your wrong about this comfort control module jayatola, ill just live without electric windows if thats what it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭jayotala

Best to find a vw technician or someone good at electrical diagnostic. When I worked in parts for a vw garage we sold a few comfort control modules. If you ring a vw garage and give them the chassis number the guys in parts will be able to tell you if your car has one for a start. If its "highline" interior it does. Thats not to say thats what has gone faulty.

Is the remote central locking working? I'm nearly sure if it is that module then it shouldn't be.

Advertisement