Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Specialized Tandem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Old news dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

What a waste of precious plastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

The seat pod thingy is interesting. If the weight/aeroness was right it might be an interesting compromise between traditional seatpost with clamp and integrated seatpost with hacksaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Is the rear rider's head not poorly positioned right behind (maybe even up) the front rider's ass? I'm all for aerodynamic efficiency, but there is a limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Is the rear rider's head not poorly positioned right behind (maybe even up) the front rider's ass? I'm all for aerodynamic efficiency, but there is a limit.
    I don't think it's much different from a standard racing tandem in that respect. You gotta do...

20070509_WELSH_DISABLITY_GP_013.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

blorg wrote: »
    You gotta do...

"I know I shouldn't say this before our race, but I was binging on guinness and baked beans last night...sorry in advance!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

While Google image searching I also found this- I think it's a shop though.

pbpic828674_medium.jpg

EDIT: May not be a shop

andretandem.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

blorg wrote: »
    While Google image searching I also found this- I think it's a shop though.

pbpic828674_medium.jpg
    I thought it was a shop aswell and youtubed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8_4DmBzGNM
    Downhill tandeming .Utterly pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

If somewhere rented out these mad tandem bikes I'd say they'd make a packet.. It's the kinda thing that'd make a real cool office day out (team building etc), but I'd never be dedicated enough to actually purchase one, situations can change too easy, then it'd just sit there idle..

Had a kamakaze cycle on the Aran islands 2 years back, had a stitched up wrist at the time and I was steering.. Chap on the back could barely cycle, remember bombing around a real tight slalom, seeing a car turn around the bend as we were mid way through.. Fun! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scoopyallen

please can you give me some prices on tandem bikes. also somepics of other ones you might have. Thanks
    Susi:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

please can you give me some prices on tandem bikes. also somepics of other ones you might have. Thanks
    Susi:D

The Dolan tandems can be got in Ireland for €1865ea or thereabouts.
    CheGuedara wrote: »

160qufq.jpg

Advertisement