Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for new bands to listen to??

Options
  • 23-12-2009 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Right, im looking for some new bands to listen to, i listen to lots of different types music but i hoping u guys know some bands or singers which sound and play like thin lizzy, phil lynott, bob dylan and the band. all advice will be listen to.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab6lr2b66Ig

electric worry - by clutch

amazing song

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

the band
    Reminded me of this:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dunno if this is up your alley

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

You ever heard Last.fm?

Install it to whatever program you play your music from (provided they're mp3's) they will take a look at your library and what you listen to and give you recommendations based on your tastes, even generate streams of songs for you to flick through and listen. I find it very useful and the suggestions are usually spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Dunno if this is up your alley

I quite like that. Had never heard of them before.

It has shades of RHCP, Faith No More, Rage Against The Machine, Incubus, and "Weight" era Rollins band with the bass work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I only discovered them at the start of the yr,but the album is well worth a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Right, im looking for some new bands to listen to, i listen to lots of different types music but i hoping u guys know some bands or singers which sound and play like thin lizzy, phil lynott, bob dylan and the band. all advice will be listen to.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Stick the bands you referenced into Music Map and see what comes up. Have a listen to those band's MySpace pages and you should be all set with some new bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

jethro tull

aqualung's a good album

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Are Wolfmother any good? I only know a couple of their songs. I got a couple of vouchers for Chrimbo and am thinking of getting their cd's....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Are Wolfmother any good? I only know a couple of their songs. I got a couple of vouchers for Chrimbo and am thinking of getting their cd's....?

Was not mad about their first album, but Cosmic Egg is pretty good. All that is left from the first album is the singer and they became a four piece for Cosmic Egg, so they got a fuller sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Kess73 wrote: »
    Was not mad about their first album, but Cosmic Egg is pretty good. All that is left from the first album is the singer and they became a four piece for Cosmic Egg, so they got a fuller sound.

Thanks. I went to HMV & Golden Discs in Liffey Valley today and both stores didn't have either album. Will try again next week.

EDIT: Scrap the above. I've just bought em on Amazon.

Advertisement