Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lethost domain pricing.. false advertsing or what?

Options
  • 23-12-2009 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

I have a couple of .ie domains with letshost which are coming up for renewal. Their website says
    Irish Domains .ie 1 year €9.99
    and
    LetsHost guarantee to offer the lowest price for new .ie domain name registrations. Domain renewal pricing will be charged at the same price as originally paid, or our current lowest price if more.

But yet when I try to renew at the lower price of the €9.99 I get told
    This is a december new registration / transfer offer. We wont be reducing the fee.

Strikes me as false advertising... or am I misreading it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=40133

He is a boards registered person thingy, maybe he can explain better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If its an offer that only applies to new registrations, then I don't see how it is false advertising. The text you highlight looks to me that they are saying if they reduce the price as standard you would be charged that rather than the original higher value for renewal.

Advertisement