Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fuji Finepix S7000

• 23-12-2009 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

My fiance has a finepix s7000, probably a toy by comparsion to what people on this forum may use but at the time it was expensive.

For a while now the camera, regardless of batteries, will not turn on, ie - no power at all. Is it worth getting looked at - ive been told that its expensive to get anything on these fixed and may not be worth doing?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The Fuji Bridge Cameras, which includes the S7000, are quite highly regarded.

The problem you describe could be quite a simple connection issue or something more complex. I see that the S7000 can be powered from an AC Adapter, if you can find a way to do that then it would suggest a simpler problem.

You can send it off to be repaired but even if successful the cost will be a suignificant part of the price of a replacement Bridge Camera. So doing this is a gamble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

No warranty left on it no? Love my fuji bridge camera, well worth fixing if it's not too costly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

CabanSail wrote: »

I see that the S7000 can be powered from an AC Adapter, if you can find a way to do that then it would suggest a simpler problem.

Havent tried that. Will do!

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

S7000 would be quite an old model now, maybe 6yrs old (I think it would be quite an eyeopener for some of our younger members to see what they cost in their time) I can't imagine it would be economic to repair even if parts are available, smashing camera in it's time though, I had a s5000, always wanted a s7000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

nilhg wrote: »
    S7000 would be quite an old model now, maybe 6yrs old (I think it would be quite an eyeopener for some of our younger members to see what they cost in their time) I can't imagine it would be economic to repair even if parts are available, smashing camera in it's time though, I had a s5000, always wanted a s7000.

It cost 850 quid apparently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement