Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice one dundalk gift cards

Options
  • 23-12-2009 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the new Nice One Gift Cards http://niceonedundalk.ie, personally as a business in dundalk, i think there a great idea but i would love to know what everyone else thinks before i sign up, can anyone tell me do they feel safer buying these rather than a regular gift voucher from a shop?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Can you spend them in Newry? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

In my humble Opinion with the latest budget cuts and newry shoppers, I do feel that such an idea lacks any profit to the retailers of Dundalk. Unless retailers bring their prices down, the Dundalk gift card would be a hindrance to retailers and consumers alike.

Would each business have to pay an annual fee for the card itself?

On the other side of the coin, if we were to ( as John Lennon would put it ) ''Imagine'' all consumers banding together to shop locally, then an idea like ''Nice ones gift voucher'' would work for the businesses.

The above though is as real as santa claus and wouldnt work in Dundalk as people are not gonna risk money in their own pocket just to save a local business that couldnt care less about the consumers economic position.

I hope the above is of help to you, I am certainly not a business man or economist so my system of belief is always open for correction.

God bless and have a Merry Christmas
    Stephen :)

Advertisement