Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiking / Hillwalking Boot recommendations

Options
  • 23-12-2009 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Hey All...

Looking for recommendations for the above....
    Not looking for a 200 quid pair of Asolos.

Cheers

L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Brasher SUPALITES

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

It all depends....
    I have a fairly wide foot, and my Salomons fit me well.
    Most Meindl boots dont fit me properly.
    The fit is the most important thing. You should never have to do much breaking in of hiking boots - if you are then you dont have the right fit.
    If the fit is off then you will have problems.

I had bought a pair of Scarpa boots once, and a part of the structure of the sole on the right one started to come apart after a very short time. I got them replaced, but the same thing happened, again on the right. I was asked if my foot was measured properly, but I didnt knwo what was meant by properly.
    Lenght, width, position of joint at the ball of the foot. Weighted and unweighted. After it was measured properly, I was recommended the Salomons, and they were perfect once I had volume reducing insoles in them.
    There was nothing wrong with the Scarpa boots, they just didnt suit my feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Where did you get the Salomons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I got them in Great Outdoors.
    http://www.greatoutdoors.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Anyone know of a good stockist of Meindl boots in cork city? Prefarably good range of their models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 ellie2

Bought a pair of solomons saturday, climbed mangerton in the snow sunday. First time really hill walking and i can honestly say they were brilliant, no blisters and they felt more like runners than boots when walking, really lite and not restrictive at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Was just on great outdoors website, salomons look more like a shoe than a boot. Am i missing something here or is this just a limited selection. Looking at picking up a pair of reasonably priced boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

wexfjord wrote: »
    Was just on great outdoors website, salomons look more like a shoe than a boot. Am i missing something here or is this just a limited selection. Looking at picking up a pair of reasonably priced boots.

Click on the Sub Menu on the left - probably Light Hiking or Mountain Walking

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Thanks a million for that.

I'm officially dumb, and blind. All my years on the interweb and I let myself down like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

loctite wrote: »
    Hey All...

Looking for recommendations for the above....
    Not looking for a 200 quid pair of Asolos.

Cheers

L

although expensive Great Outdoors in Dublin give expert advice. they won't let you leave until the boot fits perfectly. worth paying money for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement