Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 pistol application

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

So 'club shooting' with a pistol will not be entertained ? It's competitions or nothing ?
    I'm giving a bit of advice bunny and I certainly don't have the hubris to decide what's to be 'entertained' as you put it. I thought I'd properly qualified what I meant so unless you're deciding to be thick for thicknesses sake then I'm happy to leave it at that.

@ Boyle243: That's exactly what you need to do and it'll pay dividends for you in the long run (and save you money :)).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

rrpc wrote: »
    ezridax, the five shot capacity is the same as every other capacity limitation in the firearms acts and that's the magazine (or cylinder) capacity........

Okay, hands up. I made a complete bags of explaining myself. Thats the worst thing about writing, no context.

I wasn't sure how rowa (just using your name for talks sake) loads his firearm or anyone else for that matter. Whether they used the 5 in the mag approach or 4 in the mag and the 5th manually. My point was which either way you do it both firearm and mag combined can only hold 5 rounds. I could have been clearer, (I even quoted this myself in post 45.) The easiest and most obvious choice is to have a 5 shot mag. Why create all the hassle of a 4 shot mag and loading a 5th round manually each time?

Funny how we're not having this discussion about the ten shot limit on .22 rifles or the three shot limit for shotguns, is it just pistols that bring out the pedantics

You know why.

Here is another question since you love them so much:p. All this talk of "it must be a 5 shot, a 3 shot, a 10 shot". This is only to keep the firearm in the unrestricted bracket, correct? If they don't suit why don't people just apply for a restricted license. Eliminates all the grief. How hard would it be to explain to the authorities that it is an unrestricted firearm but because of the mag capacity you are seeking (for comp, hunting, whatever your reason) it moves it to restricted?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

ezridax wrote: »
    Here is another question since you love them so much:p. All this talk of "it must be a 5 shot, a 3 shot, a 10 shot". This is only to keep the firearm in the unrestricted bracket, correct? If they don't suit why don't people just apply for a restricted license. Eliminates all the grief. How hard would it be to explain to the authorities that it is an unrestricted firearm but because of the mag capacity you are seeking (for comp, hunting, whatever your reason) it moves it to restricted?

If the competition rules state that a magazine capacity which would render the firearm restricted is needed, then your good reason is that only a firearm matching that description, which happens to be restricted by virtue of the same features which render it acceptable for the competition in question, then you might have an argument for why the only a restricted firearm will do the job, but for hunting? Pretty much impossible there. The answer will be to buy more magazines or reload the one you have. since it's only a ten-shot limit applied to rimfires, you'll find the chief super asking how many shots you need to kill bunnies and how quickly, so my betting is that'll fall through hard. I'm not saying whether I agree with this, but I'd bet that's how it plays out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I'm giving a bit of advice bunny and I certainly don't have the hubris to decide what's to be 'entertained' as you put it. I thought I'd properly qualified what I meant so unless you're deciding to be thick for thicknesses sake then I'm happy to leave it at that..........

You must have missed the ?'s :rolleyes:

"thickness" is generally reserved for inanimate objects eg timber ........ intellectually challenged is generally used for people :p

Maybe I'm just thick compared to you and it's obvious you feel intellectually superior to most of us here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

You must have missed the ?'s :rolleyes:
    I missed nothing. You asked the question and presumed the answer. Your inability to understand my meaning required elaboration.
    "thickness" is generally reserved for inanimate objects eg timber ........ intellectually challenged is generally used for people :p
    You need a more up to date copy of the OED
    Maybe I'm just thick compared to you and it's obvious you feel intellectually superior to most of us here :)
    Does that intimidate you? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I missed nothing. You asked the question and presumed the answer.

Where exactly is the presumption in that post :confused:
    Your inability to understand my meaning required elaboration.

An instructor once told me if a student does not understand something it is the instructors fault and he/she must find a way for the student to understand ;)
    You need a more up to date copy of the OED

Ya be a bit of light reading ;)
    Does that intimidate you? :D

:( of course

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

ezridax wrote: »
    .......If they don't suit why don't people just apply for a restricted license. Eliminates all the grief. How hard would it be to explain to the authorities that it is an unrestricted firearm but because of the mag capacity you are seeking (for comp, hunting, whatever your reason) it moves it to restricted?

Lads. A round of applause if you please. The penny has finally dropped. :o

While applications for restricted rifles and shotguns may be entertained, no further applications for restricted pistols can be considered after 19/11/08. Do not ask me why but all this time i was asking myself (and ye lot) why don't they just apply for a restricted license.

BECAUSE YE CAN'T. Cannot believe i didn't cop onto that sooner. I even told people asking the same question over the last few months the same thing, no new applications for restricted firearms.....etc.....etc.........Well there is all my blond moments for the year spent in one evening. Apologies rrpc et all for the repeating and stupid question. :o
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement