Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanked posts

Options
  • 23-12-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭

Would it be possible to add a counter onto each post that gets thanked, like if a post got thanked twice then when you go check your thanked posts it says its been thanked twice.
    I say this because sometimes my thanks goes up by one, but then I have to trawl through all my thanked posts to see where it came from.
    Maybe even make the last thanked post go to the top of the list?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Good idea. It'd also be an idea to have to option of sorting your total thanked posts list by number of thanks, not just the date of thank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

We don't record the time/date of each thanks, so retro-fitting this would be quite tricky.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Conor wrote: »
    We don't record the time/date of each thanks, so retro-fitting this would be quite tricky.
    What about the thanks counter or the sort by total thanks idea. I imagine the query for the latter wouldn't be all that database friendly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Conor wrote: »
    Seem's reasonable I suppose, just a thought anyway :)
    What about the thanks counter or the sort by total thanks idea. I imagine the query for the latter wouldn't be all that database friendly though.
    And yeah I'd like these too :P

Now implement, gimme my damn christmas wish!!!

Or I'll cry =[

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

They both would most naturally live in the search system which will be revamped at some stage in the near future so I'll see about including those if they fit.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement