Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Social Welfare Money

• 23-12-2009 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I was told last week by the post office in Ardkeen that I would be getting a weeks money this week and none the first week in Jan. (I got two weeks last week) but when I went in today, they said that no money was sent in by social welfare and I'd be getting it next week.

I think I'll be OK to get through the Christmas period but I,m sure some people would have been depending on it.

did this happen to anyone else ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

General Payment Arrangements
    All customers paid weekly will receive their normal payment(s) and an advance payment during the week beginning 14th December 2009. The advance payment will be the payment(s) due in the week beginning 21st December and therefore there will be no payment (s) that week.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/ChristmasArrangements.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

This should be moved to the state benefits forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

yey happened here aswell. Though new from last week when i got double this would happen. next payment will be due next wed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

phil16phil wrote: »
    (I got two weeks last week)

Did you not think this was odd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

This was discussed on the Gerry Ryan show yesterday and today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

one for last wednesday and one for yesterday. next wednesday will be the next payment

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Did you not think this was odd?

Given they no longer give a christmas bonus this should be seen as very odd :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

i rang the welfare office on dec 7th to find out what way the payments were going to be for Christmas and i was told the last payment will be on xmas eve and then the next will be on jan the 7th ,, i rang two more times to make sure cuz it seemed very odd and they said ya thats the payment date , with no bonus money was tight so on xmas eve i went off to get my xmas food and a few last presents ,,, and there was no money there
    ive got 4 young kids so i rang the office 20 times and couldn't get through so i rang dublin and they said basically tough. ive always supported the welfare system and said there doing there best when everyone else was giving out about them but this is unforgivable id burn all of them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

alrightcuz wrote: »
    i rang the welfare office on dec 7th to find out what way the payments were going to be for Christmas and i was told the last payment will be on xmas eve and then the next will be on jan the 7th ,, i rang two more times to make sure cuz it seemed very odd and they said ya thats the payment date , with no bonus money was tight so on xmas eve i went off to get my xmas food and a few last presents ,,, and there was no money there
    ive got 4 young kids so i rang the office 20 times and couldn't get through so i rang dublin and they said basically tough. ive always supported the welfare system and said there doing there best when everyone else was giving out about them but this is unforgivable id burn all of them now.
    i,d say you were,nt the only one that got this struck on them thinking " oh yeah i,ll go collect my money now and get the christmas food" while them fat cats fatten themselves laughing at the whole country that rely on social welfare as a means to get by every week because of redunancies, i really hope something is done about this in the new year!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 phil16phil

They have a peculiar way of getting the public on side in their plight against their cut backs.
    If this is how they conduct themselves, maybe the paycut is appropriate. You should only earn what you merit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭blondiexox

Cabaal wrote: »
    Given they no longer give a christmas bonus this should be seen as very odd :)

I think everyone got two weeks payment in one week and nothing the next week because they were closed. That was what I got anyways. It was all very confusing! :)

Advertisement