Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What does warrenty cover

• 23-12-2009 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I bought a Citroen Berling van about 6 weeks ago and got a 3 month warrenty with it.
    Since then the backdoor lock has gone (basically the handle broke from the lock so you have to climb through the van and open the back door from inside) and now its overheating while idleing! This is the one which is obviously worrying me most and I'm wondering would it be covered by warrenty? It could just be the fan not kicking in but it could be more serious and if I don't get it sorted soon it could do damage but I'm a poor student so if it was covered by warrenty that would be great!!

Also, I have it insured commercially and I'm wondering if the garage take it back to sort it and they give me another car, would it be possible to get that put on my commercial insure for the brief spell I had it or would it have to be another commercial I got??

Thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

The overheating should be covered alright. Get it looked at asap, overheating is a quick way to kill an engine. Usually the warranties cover part failure not wear and tear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It depends on the terms and conditions that came with the warranty when you bought the van. Most second hand warranties especially on commercial vehicles only cover the engine and gearbox by default. You will need to ring the garage where you bought the van and ask them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭THEDONWALDO

+1 on bazz26

Usually on a 2nd hand car/van, there will only be a 3 month warranty given that covers engine and gearbox. Saying that after 6 weeks they should cover the back door lock out of goodwill. the problem with the engine overheating should definetely be sorted.

what year is the van?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Well I use the term "garage" very loosely, it was from a guy who has about 15/20 cars in a yard that he sells! He basically wrote on the reciept "This car comes with a 3 month warrenty"!!! I'm going to bring it to him tomorrow morning and see what the story is! I'm fairly pissed off with the van in general at the moment so if he gives me hassle about fixing it I'll probly tear into him over it!!

There shouln't be a problem like, if he won't cover the door thats fine I can do that myself, I don't use the back anyway so its not an issue at the moment but I want to get the overheating sorted asap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

what year is the van?

Tis a '03

• Advertisement
Advertisement