Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Djouce 5Mile - Monday 28th of December

• 23-12-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

If you fancy running off the Turkey, Ham & Trimmings and you have something left in the legs after various St. Stephen's day, Goal & Sugarloaf events, my club (Bray Runners) are hosting a 5Mile run on Djouce.

Time: 11:00AM - registration from 09:30
    Entry Fee: A voluntary contribution to Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children - 100% of contributions go to the Hospital.
    Prizes: 1st 15 plus random spot prizes - all donated by club members.
    Course: Earls Drive - Paddock Lane
    Refreshments: Tea and cakes in the car park afterwards.

All are welcome - any questions drop me a note here.

Dom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Great cause and great trail for a race. I hope to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Is that car park O 212 132? Don't know this area too well, I presume its a straight trail run, or am I wrong?

(PS the way you give details and charity % are a good template for all races advertised here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Is that car park O 212 132? Don't know this area too well, I presume its a straight trail run, or am I wrong?

(PS the way you give details and charity % are a good template for all races advertised here)

Guess who has completed his orienteering courses ;).
    If you keep travelling down the road where we met for the Ballinastoe night run (Roundwood behind you) you pass a couple of car park and the 3rd one is about half down a long hill, probably 2 - 3 miles.
    Here's a link from the Coillte site: http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/index.php?id=53&rec_site=59&no_cache=1.
    It's trail run, rather than a mountain run, so will suit all standards and abilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

One of my favourite Runs. I hope to be be there.

Hi Folks - based on a recce this morning and in the interest of safety, it has been decided to cancel this run - the end of the Earl's drive, the path and the lake trail all have a couple of hundred yards of ice, that look like they will still be there tomorrow. If you know of anyone that was thinking of heading up I would appreciate if you could spread the word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

"...it's better to fall on your face while you're trying something new than to fall on your rear while backing off." Very apt for the weather that is here!!:D

Disappointing but a senseible decision. Did the IMRA race up the Sugarloaf this morning and it was quite slippy in places. Took a bit of the enjoyment out of it but it was still good to be back on the hills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

..Did the IMRA race up the Sugarloaf this morning and it was quite slippy in places. Took a bit of the enjoyment out of it but it was still good to be back on the hills.

Quite slippy is probably an understatement. Bray Runners were 24 hrs ahead of the game postponing their race - fair play. There was a good argument for postponing our race on safety grounds.

The 2 guys that done the recce this morning slipped and fell 5 times on a 2 mile stretch and they were only jogging, maybe if there is a gap in the calendar we can squeeze it in again soon.

Advertisement