Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What players will have a big year in 2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Ha no beer just 100% sure of myself nice to see boards fulfilling its purpose of criticising peoples comments without even adding anything beneficial to the thread ha another boards loser :eek:

Ha Mr Check Raise could you possibly add a link to show me your own ability to make profit :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

lets see then brady

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

I predict that Nicky Power is going to go on a hot streak at pub draw-poker tournaments and make in the region of 400 billion, but similarly to Islidur1, he'll lose it all when he gets tag-teamed by the Cardrunners team, in a game of pitch and toss (they will study hand histories of his previous pitch and toss games and find out a strategy to take him down).

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

j10spade's will challenge any fraudster's to a game of tiddlywink's for roll's.. it will be played live or online(sng format) best of 9 :mad:

edit- i have no mate's, so you can't bring yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Tompkins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

ME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 gargle

DAMO72 wrote: »
    ME

its not any eating contest:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think BigMick's deep run at the IPC and consistency all year will only serve to give him extra confidence to play all the big events optimally and if you could that, you're setting yourself up for a big score at some stage. Thanks to SNE, he'll certainly be playing more big of the big events than anyone else in the scene I think so he's definitely one to keep an eye out for.

Given Cat's recent success, I think Rob is going to be the dark horse for 2010. He's being bitchslapped in recent events by Cat and must feel that he has a point to prove to both the girl he helped introduce into the game and the Irish Poker Scene as a whole who are undoubtedly sniggering behind his back :).

I have watched Nicky Power rewrite the book on outdraws and witnessed combinations of turns and rivers to send poor unfortunate souls to the rails that not even the the script writers of some convoluted soap opera could think up. This was all before he got his mits on the Boyle Poker badge. All joking aside though, Nicky is a player who has consistently got himself into a prime position to crush a tournament field only to fall at the final hurdle. Sometime next year, everything will work out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

If you throw enough darts one will hit the bull. Some players are actually throwing in the right direction. The rest of us think we are. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

AdMMM wrote: »

I have watched Nicky Power rewrite the book on outdraws and witnessed combinations of turns and rivers to send poor unfortunate souls to the rails that not even the the script writers of some convoluted soap opera could think up. This was all before he got his mits on the Boyle Poker badge. All joking aside though, Nicky is a player who has consistently got himself into a prime position to crush a tournament field only to fall at the final hurdle. Sometime next year, everything will work out!

You had me digging fro my live holdem manager. John O Shea deserves a mention, he has really upped his volume and worked on his live tournament play over the last six months, has the bankroll to play what he chooses. He definitely has the game and probably more importantly the temperament and drive to have a huge year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Quadfours

Me

Watch this space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

Tom Troubador Kitt will mange to keep his big stack together long enough to take down a decent-sized one in 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Tom Troubador Kitt will mange to keep his big stack together long enough to take down a decent-sized one in 2010

Doubtful ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭roleynoley

1 word,ME :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

Cheers for the faith lads, hope yous are right. Big plans for this year on the live scene. Plan on winning the ukipt league thingy. 1 or 2 ept final tables, 1 of which will be in Monte Carlo. Playing a load of wsop events so should win at least 1 bracelet. Also gonna try give online mtts a shot so planning on winning the sunday million and a few other big 1s and of course a wcoop bracelet. ;) so fingers crossed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭philcassidy

i think the banditz boyz will have a big year, the players are too good to stay in the woodwork for much longer, also was very impressed by cat o neill when she played in monaghan, great player with a great game and as down to earth as ive ever seen from a circut player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

To prove I'm not bitter, I think That McGowan chap who won the Dundalk Celtic poker event will have a huge year, great player.

FYP. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭fab-frankie

i think the banditz boyz will have a big year, the players are too good to stay in the woodwork for much longer, also was very impressed by cat o neill when she played in monaghan, great player with a great game and as down to earth as ive ever seen from a circut player

here here, well said, the european deep stack watch out, phil"the gap"cassidy, liam"god"maguire, fabulous-frankie aka me, n ""big daddy" damo will all run deep in it... then manchester" hopely"""":P:P:P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 spm1982

LOLLOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 goonruby

Ive been keeping my eye on this player for some time now(railed some of his better performances online) and I believe that 2010 is going to his year. He's ready for a major cash in a major tourney such as the sunday million or the daily dollar. Once he breaks through he will start annihilating the biggest cash games online...he has railed every single pro out there for hundred's of hours and knows their games inside out;) Tom Dwan and 'Isildur' must be wary of this man as I believe he will rise to the top this year......he just needs ONE BIG CAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭roleynoley

BIGMICKG wrote: »
    Cheers for the faith lads, hope yous are right. Big plans for this year on the live scene. Plan on winning the ukipt league thingy. 1 or 2 ept final tables, 1 of which will be in Monte Carlo. Playing a load of wsop events so should win at least 1 bracelet. Also gonna try give online mtts a shot so planning on winning the sunday million and a few other big 1s and of course a wcoop bracelet. ;) so fingers crossed :D
    Jaysus!!!!!Youre not looking for much are you???**** me:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

Rees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭NewApproach

goonruby wrote: »
    Ive been keeping my eye on this player for some time now(railed some of his better performances online) and I believe that 2010 is going to his year. He's ready for a major cash in a major tourney such as the sunday million or the daily dollar. Once he breaks through he will start annihilating the biggest cash games online...he has railed every single pro out there for hundred's of hours and knows their games inside out;) Tom Dwan and 'Isildur' must be wary of this man as I believe he will rise to the top this year......he just needs ONE BIG CAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

Have heard about this guy. If he can take his sublime internet game to the live scene then everyone should watch out. Just once he doesn't blow up.

On a serious note, I reckon BIGMICKG will have a big year live.

Advertisement