Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enjoying the cold weather?

• 23-12-2009 9:51pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am.

Yes I know the roads are icy, but driving slowly and smoothly sorts that out!

But I love how Christmassy it feels. I don't know what it is, but the air feels so crisp and fresh - makes you want to put on a jacket and go for a walk.

Also you can put cans of beer or of coke outside and they will be at the perfect temperature about 30 minutes later - great for when the OH has the fridge stuffed with Christmas food.

Plus it makes you feel all cosy when you are inside!

What about you? Are you enjoying the weather we have been having.
    Everyone is probably wondering what medication I'm on :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Yes, this weather is absolutely beautiful.. as you say the air seems crisp and fresh.

irish winter > irish summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I love the winter. Hot weather is overrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

So much better then rain me thinks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

its sooo refreshing breathing such lovely fresh foggy/misty air :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeah I'm enjoying the not rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Although I don't love the actual freezing cold, I really do like the way it makes everything look. Looking out the window, sun shining yet everything covered in white...it's spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Yup.

f6ZCk.jpg

Happy Christmas lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

It's pretty cold here in London, but there's no snow or rain. Those cold but sunny days are the winter days I love most. And the best feeling for me is when I've just come home from a couple of hours' vigorous cycling, warm as toast but not sweating.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

You can't beat a bit of cold weather. Makes you feel alive.

Advertisement