Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kim Kardashian

• 23-12-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi all!

So I have a slight (ahem!) fascination with Kim Kardashian! She is STUNNING! (I'm not gay btw!)

I was just looking at her on Keeping Up With the Kardashians and I'm looking at her hair and then looking at everyone elses. Does anyone know/think does she wear hair extensions or wha?

Have been toying with the idea of getting extensions for a very, very long time and I love how her hair has a slight curl to it at the ends. If I get extensions, this is the look I'm gonna go for!

Anyone else love the show and/or Kim??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Lol, I'm watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians right now and picture stalking her and then I see this thread! <3 Kim, especially her hair and make up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

empirix wrote: »
    idiots!

Reported.

MILF - She almost definitely has a full head of hair extensions. I have similar extensions in my hair with a wave to them. It's European hair, and has a natural wave to it. Indian REMY hair will never look as good, but is much cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

MILF wrote: »
    (I'm not gay btw!)

Oh that's what they all say in the beginning.

but seriously, what's the costs involved in something like that?

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Oh that's what they all say in the beginning.

but seriously, what's the costs involved in something like that?

If you go to a salon, 500-1000 euro depending on the method used, type and quantity of hair.

Mine cost £400. I figure it's worth it as it'll last 4-6 months and the hair can be re-used when I get them put in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Do you need any maintenance in between those 4 months though? I've always wondered about this, 400 doesn't seen much but I'd imagine the maintenance costs a fortune. I'd also be slightly worried about exactly where the hair comes from and how it is sourced!

• Advertisement

chocgirl wrote: »
    Do you need any maintenance in between those 4 months though? I've always wondered about this, 400 doesn't seen much but I'd imagine the maintenance costs a fortune. I'd also be slightly worried about exactly where the hair comes from and how it is sourced!

It depends on how fast your own hair grows, and how well you take care of them. I haven't needed any maintenance visits but I replace them every 4 months.

As for the source of the hair, the Indian hair comes from Temples where women go to shave their heads as an offering. European hair comes from Spain, Italy, Russia. They just women for their pony tails.

You can also get synthetic hair extensions. There are some brands that can withstand GHD's, tongs etc. But synthetic hair will become dull and 'obvious' looking over time and would need replacing more often than real human hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Styleiser

You should check out these flip-in hair extensions...Rachel Kavanagh uses them and seems to swear by'em.

Looks a bit mullet-y. And I imagine it would be uncomfortable to wear for more than a couple of hours. And on a windy day it'll just flip up in a gust, like a toupe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Would you say they have a team of makeup artists and hairdressers working on that show? It all seems very staged to me. I don't think you should get extensions purely to look like her if she needs a pro to work on her hair every time she's in front of the camera, as her look would be near impossible to copy.

Well obviously. If you don't style your extensions they will look boring/underwhelming - the same as with your own hair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

I definitely agree she has a full head of extensions. I don't wear any anymore but I used to buy the good hair (about 250 euros for the hair) and have it put in by a lady in one of those salons that cater for African women & their weaves. I felt odd at first as i was the only white person ever in there but the lady was amazing, in about 30 mins she would have them put in secure & perfectly for just 20 euros. Much cheaper than going to one of those ~Hollywood hair~ places.
    Also yes they have stylists/makeup artists etc on those shows.."reality" shows are partially scripted these days..

As a white woman, i'd never even consider a weave. They don't hold properly on caucasian hair, they often cause traction alopecia (on white girls), and you really need to get them replaced every 4-6 weeks (African women tend to get their weaves replaced every month. I guess that's why a lot of them use synthetic hair as it's cheaper to replace).

My extensionist told me she had a weave done the first time she got extensions, and when they took it out the smell was horrible - all the scalp oils, flakes and styling products build up under the weave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

I am white and never had the problems you mention. I bought the hair myself (human not synthetic, in fact the lady who i went to sold hair too and all of it was human NOT synthetic,never bought any from her so I can't comment on the quality but i haven't ever noticed African women using synthetic hair more than white women..and it's something that would be VERY noticable..) and had them put it in..never had any problems at all nor was there a smell of my hair..! Everyones different I suppose :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

what is the difference between a weave and extensions??

love kim kardashian she is banging!! and the show! watched the wedding online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

I love KK!!!
    She always looks amazing!!!
    She defo has extensions tho and I'm sure she has her own stylist and make-up artist on hand!!!
    Still fab tho!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 deelee

I have been reading all your bloggs on extensions im hairdressing 20 yrs and do all sorts of hair extensions and have never seen anything as good as the flip ins. you should have a look. check out the advert.:p

Advertisement