Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Recuerdos de la Alhambra for guitar (tremelo)

• 23-12-2009 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi there

just wondering if there are any classical guitar teachers out there in the westmeath area that could teach my the piece Recuerdos de la Alhambra for classical guitar. I can sort of play the piece but not very well, I specifically have a problem with the right hand tremelo have tried building speed but it just sounds crap. I am probably not approaching it properly and realise that there is a method in learning it properly. Can someone recommend anyone or is there any board users that can actually play this piece to a good standard who would be willing to give me a couple of lessons? Would be willing to pay provided reasonable if so please reply or PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

Practice Practice
    Nice peace seen a few videos on youtube that show finger positions etc, may be of help if you havent checked it out.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

nickevan wrote: »
    Hi there

just wondering if there are any classical guitar teachers out there in the westmeath area that could teach my the piece Recuerdos de la Alhambra for classical guitar. I can sort of play the piece but not very well, I specifically have a problem with the right hand tremelo have tried building speed but it just sounds crap. I am probably not approaching it properly and realise that there is a method in learning it properly. Can someone recommend anyone or is there any board users that can actually play this piece to a good standard who would be willing to give me a couple of lessons? Would be willing to pay provided reasonable if so please reply or PM me.

You need to start off with holding the guitar properly, should be angled from base upwards. The degree of the angle is really dependent on what you feel comfortable with, the idea to allign the right hand picking fingers with strings. You'll a foot stool also.
    Begin with p-i-m-a (p=thumb on pick hand) excercises and build. Fingernails should not be too long and a nail strengtener really helps. pratice on open e string 1-2-3/1-2-3 with i-m-a fingers (main tremelo plucking fingers). keep practicising that slowly until you get it.
    good luck.

steve

Advertisement