Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Made Hardware Changes now fails to boot

• 23-12-2009 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

So some parts that I ordered came today, well basically its a new computer just using my existing ram, hard drive and graphics card for now. I put it all together and then plugged it in and started it up. All looked great started up fine, then I got a screen windows cannot be started due to recent hardware changes etc. So i selected startup repair and it just flashes and gives me the same screen. When i select start normally it loads up and after the windows 7 loading screen i just get a low res screen with a mouse cursor in center and then it just restarts again. New parts I got are

AMD Athlon II X3 435 AM3
    Dual Core, Socket AM3, 2,9GHz, 1,5MB, Boxed

Corsair VX 450W PSU
    ATX 12V V2.2, 80 Plus, Standard, 1x 6pin PCIe, 6x
    SATA, 120mm Fan

NZXT Beta Case Metal Edition Black
    Black inside,(Without PSU)

ASUS M4N78 PRO, Socket-AM2+/AM3
    GeForce 8300, ATX, DDR2, GbLAN, PCI-Ex(2.0)x16

and the current ram I'm using is 2 x 1gb of Kingston KTD- DM8400 which could be the problem but I don't really know much about these kinda things. Any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I know there used to be a problem with previous versions of widows, where if you changed too much hardware it took it as being a new pc. As your windows licence only covers one pc, it throws up an error! Silly i know but they've obviously kept it in for win7!
    But to be sure, try going back to your original setup and replacing each part one by one. That way ya can identify the problem piece of hardware, if any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

take out all the ram from the modules and startup the pc with no ram installed at all. when the black screen shows up it might beep and say ram has changed press f1 to continue (if it doesn't say this don't worry) leave the pc on for 20 seconds then hard shut it down by holding the power button. disconnect all power for 20 seconds. then install one ram module into the pc only use one ram module. when the pc starts up it will beep and say ram has changed then press f1 and see how it goes. if all is ok after testing reinsert the other ram module and test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

also if you can get into the bios ok make sure everything is set right.

Advertisement