Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tips for ilford delta

• 23-12-2009 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭

right my dslr is going to be out of action for the christmas, so im stuck with the film slr, though that isnt a bad thing :D

so i picked up two rolls of ilford delta 3200 in gunns today to experiment with some b&w over the holidays.

I've been reading about the iso is actually rated 1000 rather then 3200 as its on the box :confused:

so what do i expose it at for general low light use? 1000? 1600? or 3200? a bit of grain doesnt bother me :)

any other general tips with it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

landyman wrote: »
    right my dslr is going to be out of action for the christmas, so im stuck with the film slr, though that isnt a bad thing :D

so i picked up two rolls of ilford delta 3200 in gunns today to experiment with some b&w over the holidays.

I've been reading about the iso is actually rated 1000 rather then 3200 as its on the box :confused:

so what do i expose it at for general low light use? 1000? 1600? or 3200? a bit of grain doesnt bother me :)
    well you picked the right film so :D. Expose at 3200 or higher, thats what it's designed for ... Just keep a note so it can be developed properly.
    any other general tips with it?

Pff ... usual stuff ... Take lens cap off before shooting ... The glass bit gets pointed at the subject ... Y'know ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

well you picked the right film so :D. Expose at 3200 or higher, thats what it's designed for ... Just keep a note so it can be developed properly.

Pff ... usual stuff ... Take lens cap off before shooting ... The glass bit gets pointed at the subject ... Y'know ...

Ta daire. seems like a nice film according to the reviews on the interweb :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

great stuff for portraits - flattering on skin tones, and is a bit forgiving on focus because of the grain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I've pushed it to 12,800 ISO no bother. grain is nice and soft, nice tones. I love the film. I plan shooting a gig on a holga with it soon ehough and pushig the developing process to about 12,800.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Perfect film to dick around with.

Go take photos at night.

If you want some fun, stop down to f16 and a fast shutter speed, underexpose it to 800iso and have some fun in the day too.

It's a great film.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

gonna try it myself soon, first I'm trying out neopan 1600 @iso 3200

whats the best film for iso 6400? Im limited to f2.8 and f3.5 on my compacts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

gonna try it myself soon, first I'm trying out neopan 1600 @iso 3200

whats the best film for iso 6400? Im limited to f2.8 and f3.5 on my compacts

Tri-x !

2347480717_d31ecca8d9.jpg

Actually I tell a lie, that was about the only semi-ok shot on the roll, I just try and recommend Tri-x for everything. I <3 tri-x

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

got five rolls of delta 3200 yesterday - two babies born into my social circle in the last week or two, so i'll be taking a few shots for the parents.

Advertisement