Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I change the headlights on a Opel Astra?

• 23-12-2009 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

The two headlight of my 06 Opel Astra have stopped working. I manged to get hold of two replacement bulbs but now I'm faced with having to get them to work...

I had a good look at the manual but it doesn't make all that much sense... Is there any chance someone could shed some light?

I'd appreciate help ;-)

Cheers,
    Knuger

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Have you tried opening the bonnet and looking for some casing around the headlights that can be opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Knuger

Yup done that... Don't get me wrong I'm not a mechanic, but in general I handy with these things...
    Unfortunately I can't see how I'd get at the light with out taking apart half the half of the front of the car...

All help appreciated ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Knuger wrote: »
    Yup done that... Don't get me wrong I'm not a mechanic, but in general I handy with these things...
    Unfortunately I can't see how I'd get at the light with out taking apart half the half of the front of the car...

All help appreciated ;-)

Dont quote me, but i think the access is from the wheel arch

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Knuger

Oh cr**, can anyone confirm that? Or have more details?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Just drive around with no lights, it'll surely be eventful what with all the ice. :)

DONT REALLY!

• Advertisement

The bulbs in the front outer lights are replaced through your front wheel arch, you need to turn the wheel to full lock to do this. Dipped beam and sidelight replacement involves removal of part of the fusebox or air intake dependant on which side your doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Yep, in the wheel arch you will find a cover that you can open, you can access the bulb which is protected by a rubber boot through this opening, hope you have small hands, I don't and its a pig of a job for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It'll be a whole load easier if you take the wheel off.

So they both suddenly failed or you drove with one light until the second one failed too?

Whatever you do make sure to fit the bulbs correctly. There is only one way they slot in properly. If done wrong you'll blind the other drivers. The numberof cars with incorrectly fitted bulbs is unreal and having one behind you is a real pain in the...

Advertisement