Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

hey cap -- so give us some news on you! How long till you are due now?? I'm getting excited for you!

Not sure if I'llget the place just yet, the CWO for the area is not very nice...but fingers crossed. Place is much bigger than where I am now, so there will be plenty of room.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

hacked wrote: »

Not sure if I'll get the place just yet, the CWO for the area is not very nice...but fingers crossed.

I can never figure out why so many CWOs are total cows. I deal with them at my job (Thankfully as little as possible) and the one I applied to 15 years ago (in another lifetime when I was broke and unemployed and had nowhere to turn to) for rent allowance and was told to move in with my parents (I was 23 years old and had been out of home since 18!) is the same one that "rules" the town I now work in. Fortunately when she screws up in her job I have the very enjoyable opportunity to make life very awkward for her now. Every day:D You would swear that the money was coming out of their own personal wallets! One customer of mine came in and said that she wouldn't even take the application form and read it she just tore it up and put it in the bin and said "I am never going to grant you a rent allowance". (I had a field day with that one). Needless to say I got the person onto her supervisor and she now gets a full rent allowance. But no luck with any disciplinary procedures.Total waste of time. Why people should have to worry about whether the CWO is nice or not is baffling. If the guidelines were being fairly applied across the board it would be a moot point. To be fair I have met other lovely ones. Before my mam died she dealt with one who used to call into see her and have coffee with her and she couldn't do enough for her. So they do exist and are capable of doing this undoubtedly very difficult job with a smile and some pleasantness. Just not our two it appears Cap!

And yes. The little strawberry blonde is a dote. Tonight she is feeding us all imaginary birthday cake and ice-cream because it was someones birthday today at creche.I cannot get over how much she treasures her own room since she went in at the weekend. And there was me stressing about the transfer:rolleyes:.Little teeny flutters of life the last few nights when I am getting ready for bed. Getting so excited!

No moans today. But I am huge for 18 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

hey cap -- so give us some news on you! How long till you are due now?? I'm getting excited for you!

Not sure if I'llget the place just yet, the CWO for the area is not very nice...but fingers crossed. Place is much bigger than where I am now, so there will be plenty of room.

Aw thanks :) I finished up at work today so its all feeling a little bit more real (and scarey!) now!
    According to my google ticker I've exactly 16 days to go :eek:

Though to be honest I would love it if baby came sooner, my moan for today is that baby doesn't understand that she already has my tummy stretched to its limits!
    My tummy is really sore all day where baby is trying to stretch/move.

Hacked I have my fingers and toes crossed for you that you'll get you apartment; when will you find out?

Target Widow that is so cute, my bosses 3 year daughter was doing that recently, I had to ring him to ask him something & she was in the background giving out to him to eat the 'cake' she'd baked :D

I'm delighted you were able to get your own back on the CWO, its horrible the way some of these people go on power trips especially when its someone else's welfare they're dealing with. :mad:

Targetwindow -- just out of curiosity, who do you go to if you need to go above a cwo's head?? I don't think I'll need to...but just in case. This cwo is awful. I went to him when I was 19 as I was homeless and had a bad social worker. (Dysfunctional families!) All he said to me was "your social worker is supposed to do this". My doctors were forcing me to go onto Dissability because of my bipolar, something I did not want to do. He asked me about the application and what my dissability was. I told him, and he just turned to me and said "Oh right, yeah. No one is EVER going to give YOU rent allowance. Sure who would stick you in a flat on your own? You'd just kill yourself. You're a complete liability....bla bla bla" :eek: I went home and cried...

Cap -- Good luck!! I know the feeling :(

Good news for me...and a moan about it too. Was at the GP for my weekly check up. Last week hosp. doc mentioned again i might go early. Midwife in ante natal classes said the same cause i dropped a month early. GP this morning said that I'll definately go early and that after measuring me she thnik's that I'm further along than we thought. So here's to hoping! I've got out the lavendar oil, tobasco sauce and rapberry leaf tea! Go team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Give a hot curry a try too and some clary sage oil rubbed on bump!

• Advertisement

I was told to try Pineapples & tonic water to help encourage labour.
    Just went shopping and thanks to feckin baby brain forgot them both :rolleyes::o

I had lots of period like pains yesterday and let myself get a little bit excited that things might be starting to happen but so far nothing, I'm so impatient!!

I was told to try Pineapples & tonic water to help encourage labour.
    Just went shopping and thanks to feckin baby brain forgot them both :rolleyes::o

I had lots of period like pains yesterday and let myself get a little bit excited that things might be starting to happen but so far nothing, I'm so impatient!!

You know it's been said that you have to eat 7 fresh pineapples to even stir anything in the labour department :p

You know it's been said that you have to eat 7 fresh pineapples to even stir anything in the labour department :p

Feck that :eek: Don't think my poor guts could cope with that many pineapples in one go :D
    I may get off my lazy a$$ and try the long walks (as of tomorrow - soaps about to start now :) )

Good news: Saw CWO today...horrible man had a replacement in for the day...she was lovely...victory is mine! All I have to do is let them know when im moving in :D

Oh cap...why not try pineapple JUICE and tonic water?? You could get through so much more that way!

lol I know the feeling. Been getting @period pains" for days now. Used a 1/4 bottle of tobasco last night...tobasco on lasagne....tobasco on potatoes...rasp. leaf tea etc. Woke up in the night numerous times with contractions, and all I could think was "Oh no, not now...im trying to sleep!!"
    Baby dropped even further last night too. I officially waddle like a real penguin! :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 emmababy

5.2 months....cried when I had no pregnant belly 2 weeks ago...
    Cried harder when my belly suddenly expanded 4 days ago and couldn't fit into my clothes. Sore itchy belly and boobs
    No sleep in THREE weeks tried feckin' everything (except drugs)
    Had a tears in tesco moment when they didn't have a certain radox bath oil, was one step away from throwing myself on the ground and kicking. Satisfied my hormones with bawling in front of a member of staff and giving out to them.

• Advertisement

Welcome to the thread emmababy!

My moan for the day? Baby has lodged it's foot under one of my ribs and it it is extremely painful. That and I've just noticed all my tops have started riding up over my bump and showing my lovely stretchmarks off to people! Need longer tops...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 emmababy

Cheers Adrieanne :)

How far are you? baby seems to wait until nighttime to get active hence no sleep for me!

Ah no show off the bump buy some belly tops. I'm wearing a dress in lieu of a top cause it keeps happening to me too am so self concious!

I'm 38 weeks :o 2 weeks to gooo!!! Don't think it'd be worth buying new clothes now haha!!

That sleep thing, I was awake till 3am this morning with baby moving about and then my actual baby (my one year old!) woke up at the wonderful time of 5.30am this morning all sunshine and smiles. So 2 and a half hours sleep for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

my actual baby

^made me laugh :D

I just sobbed through the end of an episode of Glee....:eek:

Chet T16 wrote: »
    ^made me laugh :D

Now that I read back on it it makes me laugh too!! My belly baby and my actual baby :p

Good news: Saw CWO today...horrible man had a replacement in for the day...she was lovely...victory is mine! All I have to do is let them know when im moving in :D
    :D Nice one hacked that's brill, so when are you going to move in?

Oh cap...why not try pineapple JUICE and tonic water?? You could get through so much more that way!

I'm blaming baby brain, forgot the Tonic Water AGAIN :o:o

That's twice in as many days that I've gone out specifically to buy it and came home without :rolleyes:
    If this babybrain gets any worse I'm going to have to wear a name badge just in case I forget that too :o

Adrieanne - That's so cute your 'real baby' and your 'belly baby' , hopefully the two of them will let you get some sleep soon :D

Emmababy - Congrats! I'm loving your emotional moment in Tescoes :D I was having a bit of a teary day today, have no idea why just felt like crying for no reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

I think this may be offically emotionally pregnant womons day!!
    Ive spent the last 2 hours crying because the dog is getting put down (I know its for the best..She bit someone but she didnt know any better)

Felt the first few flutters the other day..Omg talk about madness:D

I feel so wayyy behind compared to most of you who are going to pop in the next month:p
    But have come along way since my week 6 ...Week 19 now :D
    Hope everyones doing well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Nearly 12 weeks and the sickness is getting worse :( I'm feeling so down as have only been out of the house properly about 3 times since Christmas. I just can't manage it. My sister has been coming down to help me with the my 11 month old during the day but on the days when OH is working lates, I am just so tired putting him to bed, feeding the dogs, making bottles etc.

If I'm not getting sick, I am constantly queasy and constantly feel like I need to burp. Was up at 3am today puking and crying my eyes out. I know this should get better (16 weeks last pregnancy) but it currently feels like there is no end in sight. I've never been so desperate to go back to work :eek:

Poor Vel :( hopefully the morning sickness will ease off very soon. That's great that you have your sister to help you. Can your GP give you anything for it seeing as its so severe?
    I died a death for a fortnight or so but luckily it coincided with the fortnight I'd booked off work for my summer hols so I was able to sleep off the worst of it.

Swizzles that's brill that you've felt movement :D
    Its funny it felt like it took ages and ages before we felt movement, now baby doesn't stop :D Her favourite time seems to be 2-6am :)

• Advertisement

Welcome Emmababy, Swizzles and Vel! Lovely to have a few new bumps to keep me company they are dropping like flies in here these days (literally!). I'm gonna be 19 weeks tomorrow. I've been having little flutters for about a week now. And the morning sickness has been abating for the last three weeks thank goodness. I thought I would never survive it this time. I started taking pregnacare on the advise of my consultant and I am really starting to feel a huge difference in my energy levels now. Its tough having one in the belly and another flying around toddling. Molly will be 2 in April (and I am already stressing about what to do!:rolleyes:)

My moan for the day is this...... I am mad as a box of frogs today. I could actually have killed my husband, the poor creature, because he couldn't find the soup that I wanted him to put in the stew I was craving all week (my mammy's (RIP) recipe). So he bought Knorr stewmaker or some such and used that instead. I threw the mother and father of all strops! I stormed out to the two shops nearby and bought loads of packets of the soup he allegedly "couldn't find" and brought them home and presented him with them. I refused to eat it and made a frozen chicken curry instead for myself and ate it while the two of them ate the stew. It took him two hours to make it. I am such a bitch. I have never in 20 years been like that to him. He apologized afterwards and said he understood now that it was my mams recipe and that I had been talking about eating this all week and that I seemed to be missing my mam and maybe it wasn't about the stew but was about my mam instead. He gets me so well. I do miss mam. He's gone out for an hour now but I am gonna apologize when he gets back. Being pregnant has been like being possessed for me this time. I am not usually the type of person who verbally abuses people and I don't want to be one of those women who uses her pregnancy to thrash those around her.

Hacked good for you! I am delighted. Sorry i haven't been in any sooner to answer your earlier query about the CWOs. Just in case anyone else ever has any hassle with them there is almost always a Superintendent CWO who is over the CWO and if your claim relates to funds from the DSFA then you can appeal any decision made by either of them to the Social Welfare Appeals Board within 21 days. There is emergency funding available for stuff like buggies and cots and fireguards etc., called exceptional needs payments. Your local health centre will have details of forms etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Can I moan about the lack of unisex clothing available please???

I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and I have absolutely nothing bought for the little one! By this time on my son I had everything! My brother's wedding is 2 weeks before my due date and I am bridesmaid so I want to start getting everything in now so I don't give myself the extra stress!

I went shopping today and bought everything in Penney's, Dunnes and Next that was unisex and I haven't even fill 1 drawer! It came to only 49euro! They have rails upon rails of Pinks and Blues! I don't remember it being so hard on my first! There doesn't even seem to be anything green or yellow! Just white for unisex!

Those of us to prefer to be surprised seem to be a dying breed. How many of opted to find out the sex and how many waited for the surprise?

Love2love - have you tried Tescos or Heatons?
    Not a huge range but they do both have neutral (cream) clothes. I was able to get a good few bits and pieces there before we found out the sex :)

Heatons had loads of green and yellow when I was in there today :)

Last time I bought loads of white babygros and ended up with daddy showing up hours after the birth with millions of dotey little girly ones with flowers and cherries and pinks etc. So this time I am just getting a few for the hospital and daddy can run amok in the shops again once we know what we have had. (Molly told a neighbour today that I had a tiny little puppy in my belly!) At the 16 wk scan (she was there and saw the scan on screen) Daddy said "look Molly, thats the baby" to which she replied, "No Daddy, das a Tombliboo!" So we will have to wait and see whether we have a male or female puppy, tombliboo or baby.:D But the surprise is paramount in our minds. There is so little mystery left in the birthing process anymore (Thank goodness says me, I would book the epidural right now if I could!!!)

I apologized to hubby last night and he was gracious as ever. Almost wouldn't hear of it. I feel really lucky to have such a good man by my side. He's totally got this babymaking craic down pat now. He gave me a curly wurly he had hidden for me tonight before he left for work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

I don't think lack of unisex clotyhing has anything to do with more people finding out.
    Whoever makes baby clothes just seems to have this retarded idea that it's not ok to dress babies in anything other than white, cream, light pink and blue.
    Seriously what is it with pastel colours? Bright green anyone? Red? Purple? Orange? Why not? :mad:

Target window - your husband sounds like a gem!! I'm so glad you have suport.

Cap -- story of my LIFE! I go out and buy everything except what i meant toall the time. So frustrating.

Haven;t been able to get ahold of the letting agent,as I know he was meant to be away for two weeks this month sometime. Going to try giving him another call tomorrow to arrange when I can move in.

Baby started wriggling into the birth canal today i think....uncomftorable!!! Hoping she comes soon. I have most of my apartment packed up to move, and a friend took all the baby blankets and clothes to wash for me. So kind!

I am now officially so so so exhausted ands leeping all the time.

Targetwidow your husband sounds like an absolute pet :)

Hacked, it gets worse I actually remembered to get pineapples, ordered them online with my groceries & the feckin things were out of stock :rolleyes:

It'd be great if you were able to get the apartment before baby arrived :)

My moan for today is I've got complete cabin fever. I'm only a few days into my maternity leave and I'm going mad with the boredom!!
    It was so mental busy the past few weeks in work finishing up and now...nothing!

I know there's not long yet (10 days) but if I go overdue I'll crack up!
    Will DEFINITELY go on a mission to get pineapples tomorrow to help bring things on, the tonic water isn't doing anything for me yet :)

I know this is probably a silly question and makes me sound childishly impatient, but here goes.
    I have my next hospital appointment on Monday, I'll be 39 + 2 then, does anyone think there's a chance they'd do a sweep if I asked them? Or will they only do that over the 40 week mark? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Cap not long to go now ..Lucky you ..Wish this pregnancy thing had a fast forward button ..Which probably sounds horrible but i mean it in the nicest possible way ..I just want the baby here already.

Hacked hope you get the new apartment.
    Got the go ahead to rent the place we wanted ..I feel so grown up lolz

Oh and sterlisers in Smyths have been reduced ..39.99 for the electric one and i think 49.99 for the digital one..Seems a good enough offer :)

Cant wait for March 1st have another scan and hopefully well find out what it is :)

Now real moan from me except my hips are really sore wen i wake up in the mornings..Anyone else experience this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

So jealous of you girls who are so far ahead of me! Am 26 wks now, time was standing still there for a while, but now am on countdown until I finish work - not that I want to finish, but it'll bring me closer to D-day.

Completely agree with you ebmma, dreading a deluge of pink and blue stuff when babs arrives, I hate it, as if the sex of the baby is all that matters. I've always bought differently-coloured stuff for friends, so I hope they got the message!

Saw cool stripey orange stuff in Tk Maxx the other day though, so I may be going back there:D

Advertisement