Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

sunshiner wrote: »
    anyones sides going numb when lying on your side at night? then im getting a burning sensation from my thigh :P its interrupting my sleep

When I sleep my arms and hands go dead when I sleep and my ribs get burning sensations when I lie on a particular side. I have had a numbing feeling every so often but the arms and hands goin to sleep drives me mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

loubian I threw my memory foam pillows out years ago because I strongly suspected they were the main contributing factor to excruciating neck and shoulder pain.

Apart from physio all I can recommend is heat, I use one of those beanie things that I heat in the microwave, wearing a scarf all the time and regular gentle stretching.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Every so often lidl/aldi sell a neck support foam (not memory) pillow for around €17. Best money I ever spent. I suffer from RSI which can cause my neck to seize up but ever since I started to use those pillows, the frequency with which it happens has reduced significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

dying sick with chest infection,cough,vomiting and sleep deprivation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Pulled a muscle/rib in my side yesterday lifting my darling son yesterday... Add to this I have a cold so sneezing is not helping

Grumble, grumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I'm so fed up of doing inversions nd breech tilts and crawling on all fours and generally anything that may help my baby turn to head down.
    Its a full time job doing all of that on its own!! Never mind working and looking after my 1 yr old! Was at a chiropractor today and have acupuncture in 2 weeks, I can do no more!!
    Very fed up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Soooo itchy. Bad last night but worse tonight. All over my legs and tummy. Coming out in a rash. Hope doc can do something when I see her Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Blueskye wrote: »
    Soooo itchy. Bad last night but worse tonight. All over my legs and tummy. Coming out in a rash. Hope doc can do something when I see her Friday.

How's the rash today? Sounds really uncomfortable.

My moan is that for some reason today I am a pukemonster - have been good lately so don't know where it came from. I'm just staying in bed but I'm bored and restless and hate feeling nauseous all the time. I was just getting my appetite back properly as well. Boo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Dear God, this heart burn is going to kill me, I feel like I am part dragon at this stage. And I could really do with more energy, I hate being so damn tired.

Ahh! I am seconds away from sending an email to my partners sister. His mother was anything but supportive when I was pregnant with our son. But this time she was getting excited and was ringing me about travel systems and names and everything, which was great. Then the other day we were talking to her about my partner taking a year from college to be with me and the kids since his final year is so scattered. For the year he has to be in different parts of Ireland and that includes all summer long, and he would not be allowed to swap rosters with other students to have late July, early August free or even in Dublin to be close for the birth. If he misses so much as a day from the allocated work times without a doctors cert, he is failed and will have to repeat. So we were thinking, when the roster goes up to see what his schedule is and if we have to take a year, we would. His Course co-ordinator and head lecturer insisted that this would be no problem, though why he can take a year and not a few weeks is beyond our comprehension :rolleyes:

So anyway his mother was annoyed, but since he pays for college himself, she knew she could say little. We are alone in Dublin with no family and help and he is worried about me being alone all day with two kids at the beginning when I need to learn to cope with two.

Then his mother rings up ranting like a lunatic about how isn't it amazing two of his cousins are together with their two partners for years and years and never had unplanned pregnancies and that we clearly planned this baby because he does not want to finish college and how she is not going to mind my son for any of my appointments or while I am in hospital meaning I will have to go to the big scan in 3 weeks by myself, OH won't be able to go cause he will have to mind our son, so he is annoyed. If there is anything wrong he wants to be there and even if there isn't, he wants to see his child. We were wondering what brought this on until she was talking to my partner and she said something. The only person unhappy about the pregnancy was his sister, and she made her opinion clear, but his mother quoted her word for word on a statement so we now know it was she who put these idea's in the mothers head.

She lives in London and only got married in 2011 but is over 20 years older than my partner. She has no kids. Her husband is a spiteful, sarcastic, rude man, and she is becoming more and more like him. My partner and I are fully convinced that she had an abortion a few years ago. A few ways she phrases things and a few things she has said and then backtracked on or claimed to have never said at all, all very odd. But they way she and her husband glared at my stomach when they saw us or my son's birthday made me feel very uncomfortable, and I am sure I saw a little envy too. I never asked her to focus on a career and forego having kids, so why is she making my pregnancy more complicated than it need be. I have been lucky except for a bit of MS and heartburn physically, but this shít is driving me mad!

I want to tear strips off her.

Sorry, I know I am being nasty about her, but today was exhausting enough and then for this to all come out. I needed to vent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Wolfpawnat - would you not be able to bring your son to the scan? I know when we were there other people had their children with them.

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    Wolfpawnat - would you not be able to bring your son to the scan? I know when we were there other people had their children with them.

The Rotunda has a no children policy in their ultrasound area. :(

Ah that is a pity!

kitten_k wrote: »
    Ah that is a pity!

It's a pain, as we live an hour away from the Rotunda and we are the 8:45 appointment so it is too early to ask a friend to mind him for an hour or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Coincedence that you're talking about bringing extra bodies to scans. I was wondering does anyone know how many people are allowed in to the scan in Holles St. The father is coming in with me this time, but i would like my mam to be there. She might have trouble getting time off work and i don't want her to take unnecessary time off if she won't be allowed in to see it. Just wondering what to do!

loubian wrote: »
    Coincedence that you're talking about bringing extra bodies to scans. I was wondering does anyone know how many people are allowed in to the scan in Holles St. The father is coming in with me this time, but i would like my mam to be there. She might have trouble getting time off work and i don't want her to take unnecessary time off if she won't be allowed in to see it. Just wondering what to do!

Its only one person can come in with you at cumh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Its only one person can come in with you at cumh

Same in Limerick, only one person.

loubian wrote: »

For my friends scan myself and her mother went in. I wasn't suppose to going in but I just tried my luck. I say it will depend on the sonographer that you get.

Feel shocking
    The motion sickness feelings of nausea & dizziness are back
    Add to that total exhaustion and itchiness

I felt ok for day or two then it came back with a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Me too. I did well for 3 days, got back to work and everything but then the megavomits kicked in. Have been useless ever since.

I should be in killarney now on a group weekender but instead Im stuck at home alone, again. Im really resenting pregnancy today.

Anyone suffer hemoroids with there pregnancy?? May need advice :(

• Advertisement

Like nobodies business Syn, right pain in the ass, literally. I have to go to the chemists later and buy more suppositories, they work better than the creams if you ask me.

Was violently ill the other night and now don't want to eat in the evenings again. On the up side, 19 weeks means half way-ish!

Also I have a pain in the front of my pelvis bone, right down in the front, but I think that is because my bump is very low this time, my son was very high up, all the way through my pregnancy, this time my bump is way lower

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Like nobodies business Syn, right pain in the ass, literally. I have to go to the chemists later and buy more suppositories, they work better than the creams if you ask me.

Was violently ill the other night and now don't want to eat in the evenings again. On the up side, 19 weeks means half way-ish!

Also I have a pain in the front of my pelvis bone, right down in the front, but I think that is because my bump is very low this time, my son was very high up, all the way through my pregnancy, this time my bump is way lower

I had them before gettin pregnant but got them treated then they come back when I was 4 months pregnant. Now it's to the point one has come out tmi sorry. So uncomfortable and painful

My bump is high and because of spd my pelvis kills specially at night after a day of doing what I need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

preparation h gel is better than ointment, Also witchhazel is good. I found that a sitz bath was good, warm water and bread soda in a bowl and sit in it for 10mins.
    then apply the above. do that about 3 time a day.

my moan is that im sick of being sick, this cough is so violent im gasping for breath had to use inhalers last night.I wake up coughing its horrid. My chest and bump are so sore from coughing. i feel so wrecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The heartburn has started. :mad:
    As has some lower back pain. :mad:
    And I'm only 14 weeks! :mad::mad::mad:

Didn't have to deal with any of this until much later on last time. At least the all day nausea is easing. :)

I can't even moan right.... Had a big moan written and it disappeared!
    I'm knackered - I feel so big now I don't know where I'm gonna fit another 8-9 weeks of growth, my ribs hurt and I can hardly walk with the back pains.

Think the baby still breech but have no way of telling - prob should be obvious but I seem to lack that ability!!

Throwing back the rennies ( I do love those orange ones tho...). And would just love to go to the pub and have a bottle of wine and a couple of fags.

Want to buy nice breast feeding tops but can't afford them.

Can't wear my maternity jeans anymore cos they won't fit ( how embarrassing is that!!) so I'm stuck in leggings and dresses but I only own about 3 dresses so I'm very stressed out by it all!! Feel like I want to wear a bin bag or else just hide in bed all day considers be more comfortable and I'm so awkward about feeling so huge at the mo.

Another 5 weeks of work left to boot.

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh that feels better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LadyofLucan

lazygal wrote: »
    The heartburn has started. :mad:
    As has some lower back pain. :mad:
    And I'm only 14 weeks! :mad::mad::mad:

Didn't have to deal with any of this until much later on last time. At least the all day nausea is easing. :)

Early heartburn = full head of hair at birth.. :)

Early heartburn = full head of hair at birth.. :)

LIES!!! I had it all along with my son, little fella came out looking like Danny DeVito!

It's a right pain though. So tired of standing and my feet really hurt, but when I sit my arse hurts as does the front of my pelvis from the little one's weight on it. It hurts standing too, but it is only a low throb then as opposed to sharper jabs if I sit. This better not last too much longer, standing or lying down are not options I can take all day every day! I am just praying it is my pelvis adjusting to the weight and that everything will settle down. I got the first stabs of lower back twinges today soon, curse this low lying bump!!!!

Ah DL I'm there with you. Every day is getting harder now. I'm thinking I'm going to say to the midwife at my next visit that I'm almost at the end of being able to work. I'm dead on my feet by thursday. I just about recover over the weekend and it starts again.

I'm loving the orange rennies too though. So much nicer than galviscon and keep the heartburn and reflux away.

Btw don't bother with breastfeeding clothes. They're a nice to have but not necessary. I got the extra long string vests from m&s (handy for covering the baby belly too) and always wore one under my top. Lift your top up, vest down and no one sees anything. I breastfed for a year and never had one breastfeeding top. Plus it's nice to be able to go into shops and treat yourself to some normal tops after a few weeks. I'm so sick of maternity clothes and can't wait to wear normal stuff again.

• Advertisement

Btw don't bother with breastfeeding clothes. They're a nice to have but not necessary. I got the extra long string vests from m&s (handy for covering the baby belly too) and always wore one under my top. Lift your top up, vest down and no one sees anything. I breastfed for a year and never had one breastfeeding top. Plus it's nice to be able to go into shops and treat yourself to some normal tops after a few weeks. I'm so sick of maternity clothes and can't wait to wear normal stuff again.

Its even vest tops & trackies I'm struggling with at the mo! Bought couple zip up hoodies in dunnes today - really don't want to buy more maternity clothes - for the same reason - I'm sick to death of them! also for 2 months it seems such a waste!!

Do u find the time going fast or slow now how strange? I thought it was dragging but been so focused on the breechness and doing my tilts etc I think the last few weeks flew! We really into the countdown now!!

Advertisement