Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Oh I can well imagine it's a big amount I just don't wanna stay in wet clothes so when it's all out I'll change. Hate wet clothes!

I'm praying it happens in the mornin when I get up or just in the evenin before bed while I'm at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I hate gettin wet and I hate even more staying wet! I'm afraid of been in town when or if my waters go so I'm having a bag ready with spare clothes so I can at least not stay wet. As for the embarrassment not much I can do there ah well!!

Couldn't imagine that long in the rain let alone pregnant and with a toddler hats off to you! Hot chocolate sounds awesome though.

Took a twenty minute v hot shower to warm back up again!!! I swear the first 5 minutes I just stood under the water and didn't even try to wash my hair, it took ages for my feet to warm up. Wet shoes are the worst because they never dry. In the restaurant/bar we were in for the rugby and food, I warmed a little, but nothing worse than putting damp clothes back on and going back out to shítty weather. It was my own fault, I should have worn a better jacket, but my only really warm one doesn't fit anymore :( And I don't really want to pay out for a maternity one since it's March now and with the baby coming in July, it probably won't get a lot of wear! (wishful thinking in Ireland I'd say!)

I was just annoyed waiting in the rain with no bus shelter for that long, it was just heavier than a mist so it really sticks to you! Feel a lot happier now but back is still sore-ish, low lying babies are a bit of a pain, literally! Aidan was high so I never had issue with my back until the end, but this one is really lying low.

If our waters break in public, there is nothing anyone can do, we can only get on with it, but yes, I could imagine my call to the OH. "Yeah, in the hospital, bring my bag, it's in the hot press. By the way send flowers and chocolates to the cleaning staff in Tesco Jervis Street." That would be my luck, but I was working in a hotel before and we had it, all you think about is "get her to a hospital and get me a pair of gloves."

As I said already, pregnancy and associated issues are not very fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Beyond wrecked today and feel like a whale . Im only nearly 9 weeks like

Anyhow, my rant today involves my mil. Shr rang my other half about a phil& teds double buggy today. Aside from fact, its too early to be thinking about buying. I seem to have had no input . Now I do not like where and how newborn is placed in Phil& teds buggy. Then she mentions buggy boards, does she really think id buy a double buggy if I didnt need it. My son will be 2 when number 2 is due.
    I know what two buggys i might like to get already. I hate the interfering, its me that will be pushing the buggy not her.

Thing is , we are having mothers day dinner in our house with her tomorrow. My mil is far from tactful so I know when I mention my reservations regarding above buggy. It will be taken as an insult..

Too tired to be dealing with her, i know she us only trying to help. I just feel like too many people know about pregnancy and there is too much interference for me to enjoy it.

I just need a break..

Sorry for moan girls, i know its trivial its just annoying. Think i am a bit anxious about early scan on wednesday... So this is not helping.

SS if your waters break there's not enough layers of clothes to keep you dry. No amount of sanitary pads will work either. Mine broke at home and we had all the towels down on the floor and underneath me on the sofa and it still wasn't enough.

Contrary to what the tv shows would have you believe, it's not just one big gush.

I really wouldn't like it to happen to me when I'm out and about. Hopefully it won't this time around.

Mine was a huge gush... Then my labour was only about 40 mins

Beyond wrecked today and feel like a whale . Im only nearly 9 weeks like

Anyhow, my rant today involves my mil. Shr rang my other half about a phil& teds double buggy today. Aside from fact, its too early to be thinking about buying. I seem to have had no input . Now I do not like where and how newborn is placed in Phil& teds buggy. Then she mentions buggy boards, does she really think id buy a double buggy if I didnt need it. My son will be 2 when number 2 is due.
    I know what two buggys i might like to get already. I hate the interfering, its me that will be pushing the buggy not her.

Thing is , we are having mothers day dinner in our house with her tomorrow. My mil is far from tactful so I know when I mention my reservations regarding above buggy. It will be taken as an insult..

Too tired to be dealing with her, i know she us only trying to help. I just feel like too many people know about pregnancy and there is too much interference for me to enjoy it.

I just need a break..

Sorry for moan girls, i know its trivial its just annoying. Think i am a bit anxious about early scan on wednesday... So this is not helping.

My MIL was the exact same, told her I was pregnant on the Tuesday, she was trying to pay for a buggy SHE liked on the Friday. Nice and all as it was, I just thought it was far too soon and without me there to see how it is dismantled and what not, I just was trying to politely tell her "without the heartbeat and scan, I didn't want to jinx it" she still got insulted, but really, I am fine with the lovely system we have from my son. I am used to it and my son will be old enough for the board and it is nice and sturdy to take the board. But I know once the June sales come, my life will be hell again (she cannot let a sale go by she will pay 900 for something if it was 1100 before because a bargain CANNOT be missed!!!) So I know the feeling.

And 9 weeks is exhausting. Your progesterone is getting higher meaning you are tired, sick and what not and her poking her nose in only adds to it. Not jealous of you for tomorrow it has to be said. Hugs.

• Advertisement

I'm still sitting high at the moment but baby is pushing down so I reckon belly will drop soon the pains wen the head hits is awful sometimes.

Ah the mil I had that too that she wanted to buy buggy and I said that we want a say in what our baby is in and her reply I'll buy all my bits for my house and ye buy yours for your house. This included cot and all that. I felt smothered but that was back at Halloween and have only seen her once since and she doesn't even ask how things are goin or how baby is. It bugged me though and my first baby I wanted it to be special and stress free

40 mins labour I wish I could be that lucky I bet I'll be hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

lucky you fruediangirl! Hopefully no.2 will be like that for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Wow girls, sorry to hear about your MIL woes. I don't have one so that's one experience I won't have to go through. I do have a crazi fil though but he lives in South Africa.

Pat - did you find anything to do in the end? We had friends visiting this weekend and it was so nice to be able to go put and about with them after being a hermit for so long. It was weird not drinking though when they were all very merry. :) at least an end is in sight with the ms etc!

I'm still sitting high at the moment but baby is pushing down so I reckon belly will drop soon the pains wen the head hits is awful sometimes.

Ah the mil I had that too that she wanted to buy buggy and I said that we want a say in what our baby is in and her reply I'll buy all my bits for my house and ye buy yours for your house. This included cot and all that. I felt smothered but that was back at Halloween and have only seen her once since and she doesn't even ask how things are goin or how baby is. It bugged me though and my first baby I wanted it to be special and stress free

40 mins labour I wish I could be that lucky I bet I'll be hours

Well she cant really mind our son on her own as she has mobility issues... So we avoided the whole il buy my stuff , you but yours thing.

Its just stressful 5 minutes til she arrives

Iv had two nights of no sleep when I say this I mean 5 to 6 hours straight just lien awake! My dad's neighbor does reflexology so I'm thinkin of goin to her the week I'm due she loves my dad so she'll prob do it for nothin too. Dad was sayin last night she helped two women get pregnant and dad's OH went a week early with my two sisters cause of her too. Anyone else thinkin bout doin somethin like this? I can't wait for babs to be here my ribs are broke up from babs feet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Iv had two nights of no sleep when I say this I mean 5 to 6 hours straight just lien awake! My dad's neighbor does reflexology so I'm thinkin of goin to her the week I'm due she loves my dad so she'll prob do it for nothin too. Dad was sayin last night she helped two women get pregnant and dad's OH went a week early with my two sisters cause of her too. Anyone else thinkin bout doin somethin like this? I can't wait for babs to be here my ribs are broke up from babs feet

I'd def consider it!!

I'd love to go on time!
    Must buy myself sone raspberry leaf tea and start that in a couple of weeks!

My moan today is that I'm insane. Keep crying.. No reason. Totally hormonal. I have officially lost the plot.

I'm at my most emotional at 5 and 6 am because I'm so tired and need sleep but can't.

I'm gonna do everything to go on time I don't care how crazy it sounds

I'm at my most emotional at 5 and 6 am because I'm so tired and need sleep but can't.

I'm gonna do everything to go on time I don't care how crazy it sounds

We have a very tight schedule this summer if my partner does not defer the final year of his course. He has to be in Wexford for the whole of mid to late August. I am due the last week of July. I NEED to go as close to them as it safely possible for the baby. Selfish I know, but nothing can be done. Even if I go to 42 weeks we are lucky, he will be home, but still, I rather not get out of hospital on a Friday and him gone from the following Tuesday with no family or anything, so here's hoping.

I find I am having way too many, far too vivid dreams. I know this is supposed to be normal, but they are never nice and it can take me a while to fall back asleep so I could really do without them!!!

I can understand you wanting to go close to time. I'd be lost without help from hubby. Just now at the end of pregnancy I rely on him more than I thought I would.

As for dreams good god they can be cruel. I even dreamt hubby left me when I had a week to go to give birth and at the time we were buying baby things seemed so real woke up fairly upset!!

Yup to the dreams too!
    All week I've been waking up in the horrors!!

As for dreams good god they can be cruel. I even dreamt hubby left me when I had a week to go to give birth and at the time we were buying baby things seemed so real woke up fairly upset!!

I dreamt himself got someone else pregnant and left me with the two of our kids. Woke up in bits. I have been sleeping a lot of the couch because it helps my back and I am waking a couple times a night for water and bathroom. I sat in the dark for ages just crying. Totally ridiculous, he would never do that, but it seemed so real!

Oh I know hubby wouldn either but I guess gettin to the end I'm just anxious and it's comin through in my dreams had another where he said at parties I won't be goin he's bringing young model types with him now in all honesty it's pure stupidness never gonna happen but I know what it's like to cry over it or else I don't talk for ages just thinkin bout it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Hey, I was told by the doctor last week that my placenta is placed at the front of my womb and that it would mask some of the movements the baby makes. Would anyone who has had this be able to tell me when they properly properly start feeling the baby? I'm 21 weeks now so i know i have another while yet.

Not sure how that works my placenta is opposite to yours and from 15 weeks iv had movement non stop. Even one or two flutters at 12 weeks. In sayin that at my 23 week appointment the ultrasound tech said you'll start to feel baby move in couple of weeks but was shocked when I said iv been feeling it from 15 weeks so has hubby. I think everyone is diff even with where your placenta lies it could take any length to feel the movements I'm 36 weeks Wednesday and the kicks are painful at times

I felt my baby move very early (about 15/16 weeks) - mainly due to the weight loss from hyperemesis (according to doc anyway). Now, at 25 weeks he kicks things off my stomach if I put anything on there. I've been doing that thing from the old malteasers add where you put a malteaser on you and he kicks it off. :) (Then of course, I scoff the whole bag of malteasers like I'll never see a bag again)

I know the placenta position can affect it in a big way but from what I've read it seems that most people, regardless of where the placenta is can feel kicks by 24/25 weeks so I reckon you don't have too long until you can feel something. Are you getting anything yet? like flutters or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I am feeling things, flutters, they're getting stronger too, they feel like tickles n before i used to be able to deal with them but now they stop me in my tracks (not that i'm complaining :) ). I felt her under the skin too the other day when my hand was resting on my stomach. sometimes i can feel her moving about, or i think it's her, when i feel pressure in that area. that's good that people still feel things with the placent at the front. it gave me a bit of reassurance anyway as to not feeling too much yet!

loubian wrote: »
    I am feeling things, flutters, they're getting stronger too, they feel like tickles n before i used to be able to deal with them but now they stop me in my tracks (not that i'm complaining :) ). I felt her under the skin too the other day when my hand was resting on my stomach. sometimes i can feel her moving about, or i think it's her, when i feel pressure in that area. that's good that people still feel things with the placent at the front. it gave me a bit of reassurance anyway as to not feeling too much yet!

Sounds like you're feeling lots to me if you're getting all those flutters! 21 weeks is still early enough - I think the books say most women feel those flutters/quickening at 18 - 22 weeks so you're still within that timeframe.

Have I question for the ladies that aren't first time mom's this time round and warning it may be tmi, but when you were gettin close to your due date did you have higher amounts of mucus discharge? Is there a possibility of loosing mucus plug in bits or does it just go and then waters? The last two days iv been gettin a high level of discharge and panty liners are essential. Highly confused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Have I question for the ladies that aren't first time mom's this time round and warning it may be tmi, but when you were gettin close to your due date did you have higher amounts of mucus discharge? Is there a possibility of loosing mucus plug in bits or does it just go and then waters? The last two days iv been gettin a high level of discharge and panty liners are essential. Highly confused

Hey SS I was asking the same kinda question from about 32 weeks I noticed a massive increase in mucus discharge, aslong as it is not smelly then it's normal. It eased off and has increased again now. I'm 38 weeks today.

Afraid I can't help cos got to 39 weeks with no excitement and then was sectioned due to breech baby, I think I've heard others say tho that you can lose your plug in bit and then get a bloody show. Think the waters can go at any stage and in alot if cases don't go until just before delivery!

God I'm so sick of being pregnant . My ribs are killing me. I've started on the raspberry leaf tabs today! I don't want this poor baby to come too early but 38 weeks or so would be nice.. I'm so uncomfortable!!! I hate working also. Finding it so hard now - on my feet alot of day and then I'm uncomfortable sitting anyway so makes no difference. Can't sleep at all - either mind racing or else get to sleep and wake sobbing from nightmares... Last night dreamt my daughter was murdered... I mean that's so horrific and horrible it's cruel to be dreaming these things!

Then another part of me doesn't want the baby to arrive any time soon cos then ill have 2 and am completely terrified of wgat that entails!! Plus I feel guilty for changing things on my one yr old - she's so happy at the mo.... I don't want her to feel any less loved or that she doesn't deserve all the attention... It makes me so sad.

God I'm hormonal today.....

I'm in the doctors Wednesday think I'll ask what's what. They might give good advice... It's just frustrating at this point and mam won't talk bout anything pregnancy related she runs if I try get her to touch my belly!

As for nightmares that's a bad one. I partly blame tv for feeding my nightmares. I hope I go at 38 weeks too it's a comfortable time I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misspumpqueen

hey, does anyone know anywhere on boards where they might have discussions about having a baby with a foreign national and the complications/stress that comes with it?

hey, does anyone know anywhere on boards where they might have discussions about having a baby with a foreign national and the complications/stress that comes with it?

I am sure you could put it on the general parenting forum. There are so many different rnationalities in Ireland these days I have no doubt many people would have different experiences regarding this and could answer any queries you may have. :)

What kind if difficulties were you thinking of? My husband is South African but I haven't found it stressful or complicated yet. Just wondering if I should be expecting it to be!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misspumpqueen

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    What kind if difficulties were you thinking of? My husband is South African but I haven't found it stressful or complicated yet. Just wondering if I should be expecting it to be!!

No don't be. You love your husband and he loves you.

I don't love the father of my baby, i never did, it was an accident a month after i first met him. Basically he wants us to be married and living together, but it's not what i want. I told him three months ago and he's still trying to get me to change his mind. I have posted something in the general parenting forum and am getting helpful information.

Advertisement