Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I don't love the father of my baby, i never did, it was an accident a month after i first met him. Basically he wants us to be married and living together, but it's not what i want. I told him three months ago and he's still trying to get me to change his mind. I have posted something in the general parenting forum and am getting helpful information.

I kind of gathered from your post. You poor thing, the last thing you need at this stressful time is pressure to do something your heart is not in. Pregnancy often happens for situations that are less than ideal, but to go ahead with something you are not in agreement with is far worse for everyone overall, especially you and the baby. I hope that you are getting the kind of answers you are looking for and hope that you know you can rant to us here anytime :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I see. Sorry to hear you are in that situation. It must be adding stress to you at a time when you don't need it :( glad you are getting some good responses and like wolfpawnat said feel free to come in and rant away here.

I'm having a bit of an anxious day and I just don't feel right at all. I'm the first of my friends to have a baby, everyone else is a few years off doing it. I'm having so much trouble getting them to meet up at the moment and I don't hear from them very often to hear how I am etc, texts emails asking to meet for lunch are ignored. I know they all have their own lives and are busy but I already feel a bit isolated. I'm really worried now about when I have the baby and how I will meet other mums. It's really on my mind today and I'm feeling a bit stressed out :( That probably sounds a bit self indulgent but it's really on my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I'm having a bit of an anxious day and I just don't feel right at all. I'm the first of my friends to have a baby, everyone else is a few years off doing it. I'm having so much trouble getting them to meet up at the moment and I don't hear from them very often to hear how I am etc, texts emails asking to meet for lunch are ignored. I know they all have their own lives and are busy but I already feel a bit isolated. I'm really worried now about when I have the baby and how I will meet other mums. It's really on my mind today and I'm feeling a bit stressed out :( That probably sounds a bit self indulgent but it's really on my mind.

I could have wrote this. I know exactly how you feel. My friends are a good 6 years from having kids, and I do feel very alone sometimes. I suppose what gets me through it is just focusing on me, on my wellbeing, as well as the baby's. If my friends, like yours, cancel on me, it hurts but I guess i just have to get on with it. I know that when I have the baby, I may not be able to meet up as much so I try give them the benefit of the doubt. And i suppose I've realised that I have to appreciate the time i do spend with them. I'm like you in that i worry where i'll meet other mothers, other people in general. I wonder do people from here ever meet up. I am thinking maybe at the antenatal classes, i may make a few friends. I hope this has helped somewhat. I don't know if you know of it, but meetup.com is great for meeting people. Even just to meet a few new friends who aren't particularily mothers. I plan to join a musical society when the baby is born. Hope your day gets better soon xxx

Thanks Loubian, it's nice that people understand! I'm quite a homebody so I'm happy enough being at home mostly but it's just frustrating that I'm trying and the effort is not being reciprocated - it would be nice to get the odd text message to see how I am :)

Anyway, my friend finally got back to me about meeting for lunch and we're going to arrange something. I think she might realise that I haven't actually spoken to her in a while so she's making a bit of an effort. I guess when the baby is here I'll be kept busy enough and then I can find mother and baby groups etc. My antenatal classes starts on the 28th March so we're hoping we'll meed people that way too. We specifically opted to go to the couples ones in the evenings at the hospital even though there is a fee for it and the ones during the day are free in the hope that we meet some like-minded people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

hugs murdy,your where i was a couple of months ago, i was more worried about having little family support. I think that you will make loads of friends when the baby comes,from people in your ward to baby groups. I think we all wonder will our friends stand by us or give a hoot, only time will tell i guess but theres no point worrying about things you cant change. Focus on the positive murdy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Baby may be here sooner than 4 weeks iv all the symptoms of gestational diabetes (had gp visit have clinic in two weeks I'll know more then) that along with baby having the cysts it's all pointing towards induction. I'd love to go naturally I wish for it as I'm not doin the epi

Just want baba here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time SynesterShadow. I'm due about the same time as you. I'm really struggling to stay hydrated. My lips are cracking and sore this whole past week and I've a lovely blister on my bottom lip!! TMI but every morning I wake up my mouth is all dried out and yuck. It had calmed down a bit in the second trimester but it's back with an ugly vengeance!
    Anyone else experiencing this or a sensitive scalp? The back of my head feels like its been tied up in a tight ponytail for too long, even though my hair is always down?!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

pinkheels try avoid yeast foods, like breads and sugars, this can make you itch like mad well it does me, especially my scalp. Also try tepid water to wash your hair avoid really hot water. Try eating natural probiotic yougart it may help.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Have I question for the ladies that aren't first time mom's this time round and warning it may be tmi, but when you were gettin close to your due date did you have higher amounts of mucus discharge? Is there a possibility of loosing mucus plug in bits or does it just go and then waters? The last two days iv been gettin a high level of discharge and panty liners are essential. Highly confused

It could be the very beginnings of losing your plug, but don't worry. If you're actually losing it no pantyliner in the world is enough. It's huge and Jellyfish consistency. And it just keeps coming. Different levels of discharge are normal enough throughout the pregnancy.

Try not to worry about induction. I've had the oxytocin and it does speed things up, but it's fine apart from being tied to the bed. I wouldn't do it without an epidural though, it can be fairly intense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time SynesterShadow. I'm due about the same time as you. I'm really struggling to stay hydrated. My lips are cracking and sore this whole past week and I've a lovely blister on my bottom lip!! TMI but every morning I wake up my mouth is all dried out and yuck. It had calmed down a bit in the second trimester but it's back with an ugly vengeance!
    Anyone else experiencing this or a sensitive scalp? The back of my head feels like its been tied up in a tight ponytail for too long, even though my hair is always down?!

I'm 33 weeks and same prob! Have had to use tgel shampoo whole way thru as scalp so dry! Can't go 2 hrs without using a lobello lib balm! First thing in morn I can't even speak cos mouth so dry - have to take a few sips of water first so always have a glass ready!

Das kitty.... A jelly fish.... God that's gross!!! Haha! And I thought I just had to worry about the baby coming out! Had kinda forgotten that even tho this is my second it may as well be my first as the first was section due to breech so all this mucus plug / bloody show shenanigans is new to me..... Is it weird I find it a touch exciting... Must be so mad to know ur about to go into labor! I'm actually looking forward to the experience... Obviously Ill take that straight back as soon as it actually happens!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Ewwww jellyfish, looking forward to that treat!

I am feeling seriously pregnant today, achey everywhere and bump feels lower, it's quite sore, infact my whole lower half is just sore!! I had to kind of carry bump while I walked today as if it were about to drop off it felt that heavy!! My husband had to push me up the stairs with his hand on my back, I was considering setting up camp on the hall floor with the cat and dog the thoughts of climbing the stairs were that unappealing!

Would love a good nights sleep, we shall see :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Feel the exact same Digs. Aches and pains all over and everything takes a mammoth effort. I also feel like a whale :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Nead21 wrote: »
    Feel the exact same Digs. Aches and pains all over and everything takes a mammoth effort. I also feel like a whale :-(

I also may or may not have eaten TWO superquinn doughnuts in quick succession to drown my sorrows :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Digs wrote: »
    I also may or may not have eaten TWO superquinn doughnuts in quick succession to drown my sorrows :(

Ha, I had some apple tart!

On the plus side I slept like a baby for the first night in ages after yoga :)

Staying with the MIL for a week. I am fit to kill!!! Has anyone else had to listen to someone bitch incessantly about their bump? I kid you not, she is trying to hide some of my clothes because she thinks I should be hiding my bump as though it is a shaming. Apparently I am embarrassing her around the town by not wearing big ugly frumpy coats, but nice maternity jackets. I want to go home :(

Also have a sick little man who is after hurting my back with his constant want to be carried or cuddled, but he's sick so I can hardly give out. So not a fun few days and I am supposed to be staying until Wednesday!!!! I won't last!

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Staying with the MIL for a week. I am fit to kill!!! Has anyone else had to listen to someone bitch incessantly about their bump? I kid you not, she is trying to hide some of my clothes because she thinks I should be hiding my bump as though it is a shaming. Apparently I am embarrassing her around the town by not wearing big ugly frumpy coats, but nice maternity jackets. I want to go home :(

Also have a sick little man who is after hurting my back with his constant want to be carried or cuddled, but he's sick so I can hardly give out. So not a fun few days and I am supposed to be staying until Wednesday!!!! I won't last!

Hats off to ya I couldnt do it. specially not when I only have few weeks left.
    Last time I was there for a period of time I ended up coming home and crying out of anger and annoyance so I just know better than to put myself through it at this stage.. Think I was 8 weeks the last time stayed there

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yep, happened me too. Was told by my female boss to invest in a few smocks for work to cover up the bump. I went out and bought the stretchiest tightest tops I could (pennys is perfect for them) find and from then on wore them constantly.

So cheeky of your boss!! I'll always do the opposite to what am told!

I am so tired today. Aches in my legs. Can't wait to go home.

• Advertisement

Frigging chesty cough. I've already thrown up twice today even though I'm not even nauseaus.

Equal parts upset and mad. Being accused of crap and having to listen to people tell me what they think I'm thinking and telling me I'm lying when I say I don't give a fcuk, but I couldn't care less if I tried!!!! And then my anger/upset tears being blamed on hormones and accused of using my pregnancy to control the actions of others. Dear God I want a day or two to myself!!!!!

/rant!

So my ex from three years ago texts me last night when i'm on the edge of an early nights sleep saying "i just heard a nasty rumour you're pregnant. please tell me its a lie". cue total shock and outrage, a billion questions fired at him, and being wide awake until 12.30 :( he then goes on to say if he hadn't got with his most recent gf (now ex) we would have got back together.. like i was a second resource. the ducking cheek of him. ughhhh!! it's quite hilarious that he even thinks i'd consider getting back with him, but it's also frustrating!! i don't want to be the source of the gossip mill! oh my!

loubian wrote: »
    So my ex from three years ago texts me last night when i'm on the edge of an early nights sleep saying "i just heard a nasty rumour you're pregnant. please tell me its a lie". cue total shock and outrage, a billion questions fired at him, and being wide awake until 12.30 :( he then goes on to say if he hadn't got with his most recent gf (now ex) we would have got back together.. like i was a second resource. the ducking cheek of him. ughhhh!! it's quite hilarious that he even thinks i'd consider getting back with him, but it's also frustrating!! i don't want to be the source of the gossip mill! oh my!

The rumour-mill will always churn on!

What an idiot he is, sounds like you had a lucky escape. Block his number.

.... A nasty rumor? That you moved on and are having a child and he is still being an idiot (sorry, assuming there) Ah men, they really are both hilarious and infuriating simultaneously.

The gossip mill may be on you today, but something shiny will distract those people again tomorrow so take no notice. xxx

.... A nasty rumor? That you moved on and are having a child and he is still being an idiot (sorry, assuming there) Ah men, they really are both hilarious and infuriating simultaneously.

The gossip mill may be on you today, but something shiny will distract those people again tomorrow so take no notice. xxx

No need to be sorry. He is an idiot!! He was the first guy i slept with and he feels somehow responsible... eejit!!

Your ex needs to get his own life. Don't think he grasps the concept of been an ex! Simply means he don't get to have an opinion on your life!

My god he is cheeky! I'd murder my ex for less

My moan for the day has gotta be how annoyed I am that the doctor let slip 7 weeks ago what I'm having and I'm still holding it in not tellin anyone cause hubby don't wanna know! Really hard when him and my dad constantly try to catch me out and read too much into what I say yet when I say I can tell them what it is they freak out and say no!! Flipping doctor and flipping men.

My friends due the week after me she's convinced it's a girl and has everything bought in pink! I hope she's right she said I'll have a girl if she don't so she can give me all the stuff I think she's mental! She has two boys already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misspumpqueen

My clothes (bra!!) have been unbelievably tight all day, I feel like my insides have been squished in a ball, does anyone know any safe stretches I could do, or are they all safe as long as I dont go overboard??? :)

• Advertisement

My clothes (bra!!) have been unbelievably tight all day, I feel like my insides have been squished in a ball, does anyone know any safe stretches I could do, or are they all safe as long as I dont go overboard??? :)

Are you still wearing your normal bras or maternity ones? Really early in my pregnancy I got maternity bras from m and s - non underwired soft ones and they made a huge difference - much more comfortable! I also bought these crop top type things that the lady in m and s recommended and I wear those on days my bras feel extra tight. Nothing worse than things feeling tight on you!

The only thing I know about stretches/exercise in pregnancy is that you shouldn't put your arms over your head or squat too low (I've been told this by fitness instructors at exercise classes I've been to - not sure how accurate that is though)

Advertisement