Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misspumpqueen

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

Are you still wearing your normal bras or maternity ones? Really early in my pregnancy I got maternity bras from m and s - non underwired soft ones and they made a huge difference - much more comfortable! I also bought these crop top type things that the lady in m and s recommended and I wear those on days my bras feel extra tight. Nothing worse than things feeling tight on you!

The only thing I know about stretches/exercise in pregnancy is that you shouldn't put your arms over your head or squat too low (I've been told this by fitness instructors at exercise classes I've been to - not sure how accurate that is though)
    someone told me that today, but I stretch my hands over my head all the time, its the only way I can get relief :S imguessing washing your hair doesn't count though? I was thinking about it in the shower this evening!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

someone told me that today, but I stretch my hands over my head all the time, its the only way I can get relief :S imguessing washing your hair doesn't count though? I was thinking about it in the shower this evening!!!

I guess not or we'd all have filthy hair! I think the hands in the air thing is to do with blood pressure because the fitness instructor guy tells people with high blood pressure not to do it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I find sitting up right on e gym balk helps keep me straight and gives a little more space to the ribs etc! I keep abandoning my bras in the evenings... Even tho they are soft etc they are still uncomfy!!

My moan is pressure - I feel like I'm carrying n a bowling ball down there!!!! I don't think it's a very big baby so it really is just taking the mick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm done! I'm going to my gp on Monday to ask to be signed off work. I spent 2 days in hospital because of spotting. Thankfully everything is fine but I feel my body is telling me to slow down. I'm no spring chicken so I need to listen to my body. I know it's a bit early but I've also got a funny feeling this baby won't be hanging around. You can all laughter at my niavity (sp?) when I'm moaning about being overdue!!

I had a scan this morning and baby is 5.5lbs at 35 weeks so is bang on average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm done! I'm going to my gp on Monday to ask to be signed off work. I spent 2 days in hospital because of spotting. Thankfully everything is fine but I feel my body is telling me to slow down. I'm no spring chicken so I need to listen to my body. I know it's a bit early but I've also got a funny feeling this baby won't be hanging around. You can all laughter at my niavity (sp?) when I'm moaning about being overdue!!

You're dead right to finish if you're worried. Listen to your body as right....that precious cargo is worth far more than a few weeks in work. You're near,y there now :)

• Advertisement

U poor thing! Def finish up straight away! I'm finishing at 36 weeks for no reason other than I stand for my job and I just can't! Even now I'm doing part time hrs!!
    I keep telling my hubbie this baby is coming early.... He thinks I'm soon wrong.... Had consultant apt today adm he says no sign of it coming early...all looking normal - I'm selfishly disappointed! I'd love to only have 3 weeks left!!!! 34 weeks and baby 4 lbs 14 , fairly standard to I think!

He says the pressure is just normal with a second pregnancy and basically means nothing!

I jut can't be dealing with being kept up all night from braxton hicks!

How strange - take it easy and mind yourself!!!! As yellow hen said - ur baby much more important than work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Just yelled at a lasagna, not sure if I am going mad or the hormones are just going mad tonight. Just want to curl up and cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

How strange, im also 35 weeks and ive had to finish up work. Think baby is going to come early...im 1cm dilated already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Families while pregnant is my moan!
    I was told what I'm having which I didn't wanna know and told one person who can't tell anyone and hasn't (my uncle) however he told my dad that he knows (not what it is) anyway my dad was in a mood for ages cause his brother knows before him. I asked him if he wanted to know when I found out and he doesn't neither does my husband so if hubby ain't annoyed bout someone knowing before him why is my dad been so put out.

Also my cousin is avoiding me too because she can't get pregnant. I have been told since 17 I wouldn't get pregnant and that if I did I had a high miscarriage rate so it hasn't been an easy road. Her and her partner are both healthy and were checked over and from what I can tell the problem is timing and not been around each other enough one of them works days and the other nights also one is off the weekends the other works them. This will make it really tough but she's taken it out on me. Like she asks me things and I answer she will snap and say 'least your pregnant you don't have to worry' I just say it's not a barrel of laughs (this was when we were told baby had cysts on kidneys) it's stressful at times

Gonna go into hibernation for the next few weeks till baby arrives me thinks cause the upset they put on me is awful I feel guilty over been pregnant and known what I'm having!!!

Sorry had to get it out

Sorry had to get it out

It's why we have this thread. :D

I was trying for two years and a load of my friends got pregnant, it was frustrating but I never took it out on them, even when I gave up. A person that immature has a bit of growing up to do! And the kidney thing is another stress and people upsetting you is the last thing you need!

As for your dad, he had the option to know, so he needs to untwist his knickers!

Honestly, I wonder how some people accuse US of being hormonal!!!!!

• Advertisement

I know it's everyone else around us that's hormonal they just blame us so they look better!

Am just gonna steer clear for now! I need to relax before labour kicks in (hopefully in a week or two :-) ) I'm ambitious

I know it's everyone else around us that's hormonal they just blame us so they look better!

Am just gonna steer clear for now! I need to relax before labour kicks in (hopefully in a week or two :-) ) I'm ambitious

We all live in hope that we get a swift labour, the waiting at the end is the worst!!! Was told at my scan today I would probably be booked for a section (v low placenta) all I was thinking is "at least that is a planned date" terrible I know, but the waiting is a bitch!

The waiting is awful isn't it!! I have a good 6 weeks to go & so fed up & impatient!!! Just want it to happen now!! Although I don't have my bag fully packed so I'm not very organised!!!
    It's just when u know something is happening soon - but not yet - like waiting for Christmas as a child :)

Synester - don't Mind ur cousin as wolfpawnat said a lot of ppl have difficulties and don't take it out on their pregnant friends/ relations! I know I was 1 yr and half trying and had 2 miscarriages and while I was always upset when I heard someone was pregnant I understood it wasn't their fault etc and put my best face forward and tried to enjoy it with them! Of course I'd go home and have a cry on my own.... Cos it was my grief - not theirs! U shouldn't be made feel bad regardless of her circumstances!

Wolfpawnat- in a way I would like a section it's all over with within set time and you know what date. I just want to have easy recovery

DL- think it's worse with family were all the one age grew up together and all that so we fight like sisters. Think girls are bitchy!!! Well in my family anyway! I got no with the lads better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

At five months, bump is getting pretty big, I think I need to get one of those support belts, so today when I had to take an unexpected walk, in none supporting shoes, n in that horrible weather, ended up being a bit sore. Had to go out for a work leaving do n my two friends came along. Come 10.30 I was in agony on the unsupporting chairs, but stuck it out. After about 45 mins, asked my friends if they were ready to leave (we'd planned on getting taxi together). They said oh wait a few more mind, so I did. 30 mind later, still there, so I ask them again. I tell them I'll go on my own, I dont mind, but one says oh no, I want to split a taxi, it'll be too expensive (yet she spends 22 euro on Chanel nail polish!!). Again they say, wait a few mote mins n I do. Then again 20 mins later, after me telling them my back is sore, my bump is site n I'm tired, that I'll go on my own, they start chatting to these guys. I decide to leave n they get pissy wh me. Can't understand why I have to go, when I've already told them several times I dont feel well n I dont mind getting a taxi on my own. I know I'm going to get texts tomorrow saying why did you go off like that, but jebus, am I not allowed to leave early? Do they not realise I'm five months pregnant! Can thry not give me a break??? I'm just so angry st them. I know it may seem trvisl n you may not understand why I'm angry, but heck I needed to rant big time! They're being so unfair! Making me feel bad! Sorry fir the length here!!

P.s. Off topic, but anyone know anything really good to get rid of gas?! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Of all the things I cant have but the OH can, there was only 1 I asked him not to have around me, coz I miss it the most. Thats not to say he couldnt indulge elsewhere, and he has and always tells me how much he enjoyed, but last he brought it home. And even made a point of telling me how great it was. I couldnt believe he could be so CRUEL!!!!!

He really upset me and I spent the night seething, so I just went to bed early. At no time during the night did he join me which for some reason has made me angrier.

Wolfpawnat- in a way I would like a section it's all over with within set time and you know what date. I just want to have easy recovery
    Well yes, section births are often harder to recover from. I did well last time, but with a new baby and a four year old, I am not sure I would be as lucky this time. But at least I would have a date. Patience is not my greatest virtue!

loubian wrote: »
    P.s. Off topic, but anyone know anything really good to get rid of gas?! :-P

I have this problem too. Not fun, though my son thinks it's hilarious! :o

I am sleeping on the couch for my back these days, it is in agony if I sleep on a bed. I need to put a pillow against the chair at the base of my back to be any bit comfy.

My moan I finally got stretch marks only little now but sure they will get bigger. There are two above and below belly button.

Not that I mind I don't wear belly tops

Thanks ladies! I missed my little fella so much when I was away. It's so much harder on the second or more from that point of view. My husband couldn't visit as he was working and looking after our son. I met a few women in there for a few weeks and it must be tough going for them as they'd got young kids at home too.

loubian I just don't think women who haven't been pregnant get how tired you can be, back pain etc. I remember meeting a friend for dinner when pregnant on my son and u had to leave after an hour because I couldn't sit in the chair anymore. Thankfully she was very understanding.

Could I be any more tired? Little guy decided he would wake at 2:30 last night and has been awake all night!!!! Then at 8:30 this morning, the time he has to get ready for preschool, he falls asleep. Unfortunately, mommy has not had the same luxury...... If I had energy I would either cry or be angry, not sure which though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misspumpqueen

Omg i hate my job so much. The people in it are so lazy. The partners speak to you like you're a piece of sh*t. I am sick to death of it. I hate it soooo much. One of the partners talks down to me like i'm stupid, like i can't do my job. I'm doing very ducking well for someone who has no training. He gave out to me for something even though i had given him everything thing he asked for. ARGH. i hate him. n then a girl waited until i was finished my lunch n then asked me to sick the heating on instead off getting off her lazy bum and doing it herself. it's not even my freaking job. i wish i could use the excuse of mega pissed off to go home. i am sick of everyone in here.

The baby's kicking like mad and that's the only thing that is making me happy. But i'm wondering is she kicking because she can feel how worked up i am :(:(:(

The baby's kicking like mad and that's the only thing that is making me happy. But i'm wondering is she kicking because she can feel how worked up i am :(:(:(

Just remember, they aren't worth the jail-time! *hugs*

I do feel they can sense our moods, but it won't impact on the little one negatively. It is nice to feel them moving and know they are doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

my moan is ive got gastroenteritis for 5 days now :( no sign of it clearing,id kill for a proper meal!

Oh dear lord I just need to moan. I've got a hemroid and it's do bloody sore and uncomfortable. Sorry for the tmi. I bought witch hazel in the pharmacy so I'm hoping that will help. Will I really have this until the baby is born?

sunshiner look after yourself. Gastroenteritis is no joke especially when you're pregnant.

Oh dear lord I just need to moan. I've got a hemroid and it's do bloody sore and uncomfortable. Sorry for the tmi. I bought witch hazel in the pharmacy so I'm hoping that will help. Will I really have this until the baby is born?

Hate to say it but yep!! I was told sudocream helps. I was also told it should go away after the birth as the baby is putting pressure on that area

My moan is I'm so tired worst iv ever had can't stay awake and baby has the head right down so pressure is awful and feet are banging my ribs. Think baby is gonna be tall

Bad news How Strange, it can stay for a while after too. I had them for ages after no1, about 6-8 months. I have them again this time, so in for a nasty enough time of it.

You could try preparation h or the plain anusol without the hc (steroid) cos they both safe- I've had them on & off & they are horrible!!!! Constipation contributes for me so I try eat loads of fruit!!!!

I have the anusol and it seems to help a bit. Dear sweet jebus though. There's definitely nothing dignified about being pregnant. Off to stock up on my pears and prunes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My moan isn't about pregnancy as such, it's that I've been outed in work! I've had to significantly change hours & the section I work in because of my risk assessment, and people put 2+2 together, made 5 and spilled the beans! So much for keeping it to myself!

Advertisement