Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I have the anusol and it seems to help a bit. Dear sweet jebus though. There's definitely nothing dignified about being pregnant. Off to stock up on my pears and prunes.

It is embarrassing trying to sit comfortably with a low lying baby and a tender bottom!!! Dignity goes out the door with pregnancy! I was in tears the other day because we were away for a few days and I hadn't my weetabix for breakfast so things were a tad on the sore side. My OH was outside the bathroom asking me did he need to ring the hospital, he thought I was miscarrying or something!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

I can't eat :( 30 weeks with twins and there's just no room left. I really miss food. Living on yogurts and crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

I hate my nose and that stupid heightened sense of smell!! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!
    Work is horrible because all I can smell is horrible perfume 8 hours a day – and it is too cold outside to open the window for some fresh air. There is a lemon thingy in the work dishwasher that everybody loves, but I hate the smell… and all the plates seem to smell of it too after washing.
    At home, there is some weird smell that only I can smell in the spare bedroom/hallway to the point where I either stop breathing or hold a scarf to my face so I don't have to breath it in… Makes me want to gag. (going to try some home made carpet freshner at the weekend with lemon balm oil, fingers crossed that this may help..)
    Same with drying laundry, fabric softener, washing powder, so we got most of our laundry washed and dried at the local launderette using their most neutral detergents…
    Don't think I ever would have said it, but would love a really stuffy nose at this stage…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Well iv two weeks left and I still can't handle washing powder or comfort. Been that way since day one. So finally a month ago I got bold 2 in 1 its a little easier to handle.

I thought I was strange with this one but it's good to know I'm not alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misspumpqueen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I think my hubby is developing OCD.

He's forever cleaning and tidying. This is new. I've been instructed that I can't have a nap when I get home because the floors need to be swept and we need to get the place ready for tomorrow. We have a few friends coming over in the evening.

He's always tidying up the toddler's toys. Lining them up only for them to be scattered everywhere again. I think I need to have a word with him, he's getting stressed over the house and he's transferring it to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Maybe it's that syndrome where the man gets the pregnsncy symptoms too but in your case he's got the nesting instinct. I'm all for partners/husbands doing the housework (mine is better at it than me!) but don't you date interfere with my naps. You don't want to bring the anger of a hormonal pregnant woman down on you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

So uncomfy! So many BH pains, baby movement is hurting me - feel like carrying a vampire baby! Completely shattered . Can't sleep more than 4 hrs at night from discomfort. Last couple days been so much worse - wouldn't surprise me if baby trying to turn back breech or something cos she certainly ain't sitting back relaxing!!!

Sorry to hear that DL, she really isn't enjoying her time upside down so she is putting you through it too.

My moan today is not a normal pregnancy one. The OH has gone into his room to study so since I was having a cup of tea, I made him one too. Add an active 4 year old and I was burnt by my partners tea as I was bringing it to him. My right breast is now bright red and in absolute agony! I have cocoa butter cream lathered on it to try and calm the burning. I was fit to kill my demon child. He hasn't even had eggs yet! Running around like a loon.

Took off the cream there, blistered, my boob is blistered, thank goodness it wasn't my son's face or that I am not breastfeeding at the moment, this is going to take a little bit to heal. It stings like hell :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misspumpqueen

Hey, I'm probably worrying over nothing but yesterday a dog jumped up on me n landed pretty hard on my stomach. It only hurt for few mins n hasn't hurt since, but should i go get checked out? I'm pretty sure I've felt her move but when i worry i doubt myself! I've been debating whether to come on here n ask, but just won't leave my mind... Am i worrying over nothing?

• Advertisement

Hey, I'm probably worrying over nothing but yesterday a dog jumped up on me n landed pretty hard on my stomach. It only hurt for few mins n hasn't hurt since, but should i go get checked out? I'm pretty sure I've felt her move but when i worry i doubt myself! I've been debating whether to come on here n ask, but just won't leave my mind... Am i worrying over nothing?

If it is not hurting then it is more than likely you are fine HOWEVER if you would feel safer contacting the hospital, do so immediately and see what they think. They may think it fine too or they may just want to double check. Peace of mind is better than worrying.

dublinlady I know rhat you mean about pressure. The baby dropped during the week and it's quite sore at times. I just went for a walk of about 1.5 miles and I had to do my yoga breathing at times because of the pressure.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that DL, she really isn't enjoying her time upside down so she is putting you through it too.

My moan today is not a normal pregnancy one. The OH has gone into his room to study so since I was having a cup of tea, I made him one too. Add an active 4 year old and I was burnt by my partners tea as I was bringing it to him. My right breast is now bright red and in absolute agony! I have cocoa butter cream lathered on it to try and calm the burning. I was fit to kill my demon child. He hasn't even had eggs yet! Running around like a loon.

Took off the cream there, blistered, my boob is blistered, thank goodness it wasn't my son's face or that I am not breastfeeding at the moment, this is going to take a little bit to heal. It stings like hell :(

Oh no!!! Get bio oil on it if u can! I was about to suggest running it under cold water and then couldn't stop laughing to myself! Sorry!!!
    Hope it heals quickly & isn't sore! Clothes probably rubbing off it :( ouch :(

How strange did u go early with ur first?
    I keep hoping I've only another 2-3 weeks... Realistically it's gonna be 5-7 :(

Still probably easier t mind the baby whilst its in my belly so I shouldn't be moaning!! I just wish she'd stop the acrobatics & wriggling !! A couple of gentle reassuring touches would be nice... Haha no such luck!

dublinlady wrote: »
    Oh no!!! Get bio oil on it if u can! I was about to suggest running it under cold water and then couldn't stop laughing to myself! Sorry!!!
    Hope it heals quickly & isn't sore! Clothes probably rubbing off it :( ouch :(

How strange did u go early with ur first?
    I keep hoping I've only another 2-3 weeks... Realistically it's gonna be 5-7 :(

Still probably easier t mind the baby whilst its in my belly so I shouldn't be moaning!! I just wish she'd stop the acrobatics & wriggling !! A couple of gentle reassuring touches would be nice... Haha no such luck!

It got my hand and boob, but of course our hands are able to take more extreme temperatures than other areas, I just gasped a lot and tore off my clothes. Going around topless for five minutes with frozen peas to it. I lathered it in cocoa butter and when it cooled enough I put savlon healing gel on. After the blisters go down I'll switch to bio oil to prevent scarring. I am lucky it wasn't my son's face. It's amazing, mother instinct gets you to put yourself through hell so they don't have to. The clothes are annoying, but I have to wear something around the house, but I think bras are out for a week. I'd say it was probably funny to see my face.

I laugh and giggle constantly these days over the smallest thing. My partner was telling me I was less moody when I'm pregnant than any other time, a-hole!

If I am not mistaken, aren't second babies supposed to be a little more time keeping than their elder siblings supposedly? I'm hoping so anyway. The wait is annoying.

My son was born 5 days early and I'm hoping it's the same this time around. Even my mam commented on how low my bump is now and said I could go anytime. I wish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

My friend asked me to meet up, she said she'd deff be here for seven, its now nearly half and she's not here, n hasn't left the last place she's in. She still has to get taxi home n come in to me. I can't say it to her because she will go mad at me, saying she has things to do. I hate waiting for people who are late so much. This is ridiculous. I've been awake since 5.30 n was in work til 6.30, n I'm stuck waiting around. Ughhhhhhhhhh I want to scream and cry and punch the walls! You may think I'm over reacting but ugh it just annoys me so much.. stupid hormones!!!!

loubian wrote: »
    My friend asked me to meet up, she said she'd deff be here for seven, its now nearly half and she's not here, n hasn't left the last place she's in. She still has to get taxi home n come in to me. I can't say it to her because she will go mad at me, saying she has things to do. I hate waiting for people who are late so much. This is ridiculous. I've been awake since 5.30 n was in work til 6.30, n I'm stuck waiting around. Ughhhhhhhhhh I want to scream and cry and punch the walls! You may think I'm over reacting but ugh it just annoys me so much.. stupid hormones!!!!

Oh my god that's not ur hormones!! That's just plain rude!!! I would get up, leave , not tell her and then say - sorry had things to do....

Oh my god that's not ur hormones!! That's just plain rude!!! I would get up, leave , not tell her and then say - sorry had things to do....

I seriously wanted to, but I am a terrible person for giving people second chances, even if they dont deserve it. She lives in town too so its handy for her. Next time I'm going to insist she comes out to me. I'm really too soft sometimes!

I seriously wanted to, but I am a terrible person for giving people second chances, even if they dont deserve it. She lives in town too so its handy for her. Next time I'm going to insist she comes out to me. I'm really too soft sometimes!

And I'm far too feisty!!!! I always back down tho... But I wouldn't wait over half hr for someone unless they were extremely apologetic!

It's my most hated trait.... Lateness!!!

My moan is work related... Most stressful day ever - and then found out have to work 12 hr shift tomorrow :mad:
    Can't blame anyone other than myself as I f*cked up the rota.... Bloody baby brain! Standing for 12 hrs while 36 weeks preg with little chance of a break was not my plan! Still at least this s my last week of proper work! But moan moan moan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

And I'm far too feisty!!!! I always back down tho... But I wouldn't wait over half hr for someone unless they were extremely apologetic!

It's my most hated trait.... Lateness!!!

My moan is work related... Most stressful day ever - and then found out have to work 12 hr shift tomorrow :mad:
    Can't blame anyone other than myself as I f*cked up the rota.... Bloody baby brain! Standing for 12 hrs while 36 weeks preg with little chance of a break was not my plan! Still at least this s my last week of proper work! But moan moan moan!!

You defo have a reason to moan,12 hours on your feet can be hard going when your not pregnant let alone at 36 weeks. Any chance you could get a seat or something to take little breaks.. Hope it goes as fast as possible for you!

• Advertisement

Dear God DL, I am not jealous. 12 hours on your feet and then to go home and no doubt look after your other little one, that is nothing short of exhausting!

And loubian, anyone can get caught up and be half an hour late, but dear God your friend was seriously taking the píss. I would be nigh on demonic by the time she met me, if I was even still there!!! A long day of work and then to be hanging around waiting, you are a more patient woman that me!

You're a strong woman to be even considering that shift! Try and take a few breaks if you can.

It was a good thing the bar was loud as I was edging n blinding while I was waiting!! The more annoying thing is I can't say it to her because she'd reply saying "Jesus Christ, I got caught up doing something"... Or something along those lines! I actually can't even remember if she apologised as I was trying to make a joke of it! Definitely going to stand up for myself next time n demand she comes out to me. Its only fair!

Ill try do siting down jobs but it kinda hard to in my work - usually chasing around for the day - as I said tho no one to blame but myself which is worse!! The only thin that'll get me through is that it's my last week!!

Wolfpawnat - that's the heartbreaking thing - ill see for maybe for 15 mins in the morn as have to leave house by 8 and won't be home til 9 and she'll be in bed! As much as I moan about her I hate having a whole day apart!

Loubian - your a better person than me - maybe just next time plan on being 20 mins or so late urself if she's always late? Then it'll shorten the wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Ugh that is not cool. I would just leave. I don't have patience for that nonsense.

My moan is I 'm vomiting again tonight. Yuck I hate nausea and vomiting. Am hungry but can't eat :(

Oh take care of yourself DL. I really think my spotting was a warning to slow down. We're just not able for it at this stage especially with other smallies at home.

The Braxton hicks are constant at times and it's so damn uncomfortable. Looking forward to getting this one out and into my arms :)

Another moan, maybe i'm having a bad few days, but i've been in my job for almost two years, i never had what was deemed as important jobs so i got crappy computers. but now i'm doing bookkeeping for four companies and only now have i got an upgrade. BUT, it's a hand me down, and the girl who sits beside me who is here less than a year gets a brand spanking new computer. I really hate inequality. Maybe i'm just being selfish.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Is your computer overly slow, loubian?

My moan is that I was cramping a bit last night and it gave me a fright. :( Feeling fine today though, so hopefully it was nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

My moan is the other night (Sunday) I got a call at 2.15 in the mornin and it was my dad's partner. I was in bed asleep and she asked if I would pick them up from the pub down the road and drop them home 10 mins away. Lets just say I'm still wrecked as it was after 3 goin to sleep and the next night I couldn't sleep till same time so last night I got to sleep round half 1 to 2 ish it really messed my sleep pattern! I'm 39 weeks today and sore and tired and heavy! Yet just last week I was asked to mind my two sisters aged 7 and 5 and there no easy job! My friend from school (my dad's partners sister) is also pregnant and due a week after me and everyone makes sure she does nothin all day. To the point they look after her other two kids. I got spd and no one helps me at all not that I mind but gettin me out of bed and running round is annoyin me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My moan is the other night (Sunday) I got a call at 2.15 in the mornin and it was my dad's partner. I was in bed asleep and she asked if I would pick them up from the pub down the road and drop them home 10 mins away. Lets just say I'm still wrecked as it was after 3 goin to sleep and the next night I couldn't sleep till same time so last night I got to sleep round half 1 to 2 ish it really messed my sleep pattern! I'm 39 weeks today and sore and tired and heavy! Yet just last week I was asked to mind my two sisters aged 7 and 5 and there no easy job! My friend from school (my dad's partners sister) is also pregnant and due a week after me and everyone makes sure she does nothin all day. To the point they look after her other two kids. I got spd and no one helps me at all not that I mind but gettin me out of bed and running round is annoyin me!

Turn off the phone. Say no. Sit down and look after yourself. People will always take advantage of other people's good nature, so don't allow them to. I'm fuming on your behalf that they are so selfish!! How does your OH feel about your sleep being disturbed by someone who could get a taxi from the pub?! I know mine would go mad!!

• Advertisement

SS I think you need to use the word no. Youll always get people willing to take advantage but you sometimes have to put yourself first. Next time, no matter who makes the request and no matter how small it is, just say sorry no can do. You should def be resting up and having everyone look after you at this stage not the other way around. That other pregnant woman prob moans quite a lot so you need to start doing the same :P

Advertisement