Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

nikpmup wrote: »
    Turn off the phone. Say no. Sit down and look after yourself. People will always take advantage of other people's good nature, so don't allow them to. I'm fuming on your behalf that they are so selfish!! How does your OH feel about your sleep being disturbed by someone who could get a taxi from the pub?! I know mine would go mad!!

Hubby didn't speak to them the whole way home. He drove for me which was great but once I'm awake I'm up now a days! So I went with him. Iv learnt when I turn phone off somethin happens and I can't be got hold of so I feel uneasy turning it off :-( can't win really but I'm due in a week so I'm doin nothin for no one from here on

SS I think you need to use the word no. Youll always get people willing to take advantage but you sometimes have to put yourself first. Next time, no matter who makes the request and no matter how small it is, just say sorry no can do. You should def be resting up and having everyone look after you at this stage not the other way around. That other pregnant woman prob moans quite a lot so you need to start doing the same :P

I hate complaining to family they usually always tell me to get over it or there's people worse off and so on. Rare they support me! Thank god I have here to moan!!!

I usually put up with it all and cry on my own time then I get over it! Just this time I'm still tired so it's not goin out of my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

:( Ok then you need to start using the word NO. Pretty soon you're going to have your hands full with a little baba so they'll all just have to feck off and look after themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I hate complaining to family they usually always tell me to get over it or there's people worse off and so on. Rare they support me! Thank god I have here to moan!!!

I usually put up with it all and cry on my own time then I get over it! Just this time I'm still tired so it's not goin out of my head

They're quick to tell you to get over it when you and your hubby are getting out of bed at 2am to collect them from the pub!! I know what you're saying about not wanting to leave the phone off but once you'd heard the request - well, my response would have been to tell them to fcuk off and hang up!! I certainly wouldn't have even entertained getting out of bed - if they're big and old enough to get to the pub, they can get home, too!!
    Next time, if you get any request from anyone which you feel is unfair/unreasonable, just give a firm no and hang up. By the sounds of things they do enough moaning about you when you DO run around after them, so let them moan about you doing "nothing" - at least you might get some much needed rest!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I would tell them politely to take a running jump.

I occasionally get the whole "Oh, back in our grandparents day, our nan's blah blah blah" which irks me. I am not a dramatic woman so it's angering.

• Advertisement

Yeah iv had all the back in my day thing where men did nothin when it came to raring the kids. My reply they wanted them too they should help. I know years ago women had it hard but we don't have a walk in the park time of it either. Families were big back then and they lived close together so they helped each other. All my sisters are under 14 so that's not gonna help and my mam made it clear not to come to her for anything

We are considering my partner taking a year out because the last year of his course means he will be away for fortnights and what not leaving me in Dublin completely alone with two kids. Now it is doable, just not nice. His mother is dismissing it "look at X(his cousin) she raises two while he works abroad for 6 months" she lives in a cluster of houses, consisting of 2 of her siblings and the other 1 lives less than 10km away! V annoying. We are all on our own up here.

I honestly don't envy you been alone if he does his last year I think each generation has its own hurdles really. I thankfully have hubby and when I'm at breaking point he completely takes over. Been away from your family and friends has to make it hard and scary. I wouldn listen to what the inlaws say.

I'm having issues wit my MIL she's starting up on you have to let me take the baby for few days when your home you'll need the sleep and won't get it but I'm not handing baby over just after baby arriving I want to get settled at home and a bit of routine for my benefit as well as babies. And a family wedding she wants to take baby instead of letting family meet the new addition baby ain't here and already I don't want people taking over and takin my baby. Is that selfish or is it normal. She's a smoker too and I don't want that around baby that's just my preference not given out to other people's choices

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

my megamoan ,i think its really dawning on me this rather large and scary task of the baby coming. With no room ready and just a heap of stuff in the spare room i rather despair. The other half has been sick for 3 weeks now with no sign of improvement ive finally convinced him to see a doctor, he has problem with his immune system. Im living on a couple of hours sleep each night and i must stay the stress is taking its toll. Ive got this nerve twitching below my eye, i havent had that happen since my leaving cert 14 years ago. Im starting to feel the tiredness big time now.

So with no baby room,no help from a sick partner(worse than a baby), and little to no support from others i suppose its no wonder i cant stop crying. I really hope the stress isnt effecting the baby as i couldnt bare that. I know its probably silly to be upset and i need to get a grip as i have plenty of sleepness nights ahead.

I honestly don't envy you been alone if he does his last year I think each generation has its own hurdles really. I thankfully have hubby and when I'm at breaking point he completely takes over. Been away from your family and friends has to make it hard and scary. I wouldn listen to what the inlaws say.

I'm having issues wit my MIL she's starting up on you have to let me take the baby for few days when your home you'll need the sleep and won't get it but I'm not handing baby over just after baby arriving I want to get settled at home and a bit of routine for my benefit as well as babies. And a family wedding she wants to take baby instead of letting family meet the new addition baby ain't here and already I don't want people taking over and takin my baby. Is that selfish or is it normal. She's a smoker too and I don't want that around baby that's just my preference not given out to other people's choices

In-laws are just stress. I would go insane having my child(ren) staying in a house with a smoker. But that is a personal thing. I know she thinks she is being nice, but I hate when people pretty much tell you they are helping rather than offering. You will be tired, but still it is bonding time and for the first few weeks they sleep so much you can choose to either nap with them or do your bits and pieces then.

• Advertisement

That's what I was sayin at least hubby can take a night feed and I'll sleep. Loads of people manage. I don't wanna hand baby over like that not till maybe few months old or 6 :-) waited so long for baby to get here! But smokers I can't handle that I won't sway on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

sunshiner wrote: »
    my megamoan ,i think its really dawning on me this rather large and scary task of the baby coming. With no room ready and just a heap of stuff in the spare room i rather despair. The other half has been sick for 3 weeks now with no sign of improvement ive finally convinced him to see a doctor, he has problem with his immune system. Im living on a couple of hours sleep each night and i must stay the stress is taking its toll. Ive got this nerve twitching below my eye, i havent had that happen since my leaving cert 14 years ago. Im starting to feel the tiredness big time now.

So with no baby room,no help from a sick partner(worse than a baby), and little to no support from others i suppose its no wonder i cant stop crying. I really hope the stress isnt effecting the baby as i couldnt bare that. I know its probably silly to be upset and i need to get a grip as i have plenty of sleepness nights ahead.

Ugh, sick men. Is there anything worse? Don't be too stressed out. :) I'm only just behind you dates wise and I don't have baby's room ready at all If u can't get it all done before its born the baby won 't know the difference! I understand you wanting to get sorted though. Do u have anyone else that can help, a male relative maybe?

Hormones and tiredness are a bitch, everything seems worse when you 're tired I find.

thanks murdy, i think just writing it out helps. no murdy no one can help me out.
    I have asked a few times but no one is willing to help. Im hoping when himself gets better i can get him to start.

These hormones are unreal,i feel like a teenager all over again, up n down, and the thing is i dont cry often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Talking about hormones, they really are getting to me now. I'm kind of having a mini freak out week. With my friend being late yesterday, another being late today (what is wrong with people!!)... i won't get in to it because i will write an essay of bitchiness, but we said we'd meet at a certain time at a certain place. i got there on time (6pm), she was still shopping away and wanted me to meet her. she was going off to dance class at 7.30 n would be rushing me out the door, but i went with your advice from last night and just went home. of course she couldn't see my reasonings why and got annoyed. i didn't bother answering. n then a guy friend who i can usually talk to about anything is gone weird on me, saying that the last few times we've talked i've been in a mood. i said i had told him i was going through a lot, yet he didn't seem concerned, n when i questioned this he said it wasn't his business and that he just let me get on with it. so much for friendship. like is there something seriously wrong with me? i let people walk over me in the past, but i'm stopping it. i'm in therapy n it's come from that (and being pregnant) that i need to look after myself more. seriously, the only thing making me happy at the minute is the fact the baby's kicking. sorry girls, i know i'm kind of repeating what i posted last night, but the fact it happened again tonight has really got me thinking of how they see me... oh yes, she has nothing better to do then wait around for me, or follow me to where i am, instead of me making the effort of getting to the mutually agreed meeting spot on time. omg sorry, it's turned into an essay!! i'm so glad i have my counselling on friday to get this all out. As sunshiner says though, it's good to just write it all out.

I think that is the best thing about this thread, tiredness, hormones and just feeling shítty is allowed and it allows us to not seem like insane people in the real world. Though loubian, I would almost be on top of a bell tower with a sniper rifle if I had people screwing me over like you have been.

My God I am sleeping so much but have no energy. In general just feeling crappy. The only times I have spoken to my OH today, he was critising something or another. I just feel drained. I just want to curl up under the covers for the night. Even turned on the news there and it was depressing. I need a emergency shot of cute little kittens or puppies asap! Or I am just google search that grump cat! I love that damn cat!

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I think that is the best thing about this thread, tiredness, hormones and just feeling shítty is allowed and it allows us to not seem like insane people in the real world. Though loubian, I would almost be on top of a bell tower with a sniper rifle if I had people screwing me over like you have been.

My God I am sleeping so much but have no energy. In general just feeling crappy. The only times I have spoken to my OH today, he was critising something or another. I just feel drained. I just want to curl up under the covers for the night. Even turned on the news there and it was depressing. I need a emergency shot of cute little kittens or puppies asap! Or I am just google search that grump cat! I love that damn cat!

its great that we can come here and rant and moan n not be judged! I can't even rant to my two best friends because its them I'm annoyed at!

Have you ever read the "what my child said/did today that made me smile" on the parenting thread? Its sure to make you smile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

I got an absolute bollocking today at work for doing my job, because I omitted to tell my boss about a trivial matter that I handled. Personally I think they saw it as a 'valid' excuse to bawl me out of it for getting pregnant so soon after I started. SOOO wanted to tell them shove their job where the sun dont shine! I have gone above and beyond since I started without an extra cent or even thanks for all the overtime, they even gave xmas vouchers to all the other staff members but me! All take and this is the gratitude they show. Pr*cks

sunshiner wrote: »
    thanks murdy, i think just writing it out helps. no murdy no one can help me out.
    I have asked a few times but no one is willing to help. Im hoping when himself gets better i can get him to start.

These hormones are unreal,i feel like a teenager all over again, up n down, and the thing is i dont cry often.

Fingers crossed he gets better soon - is he off to the doc this week? My husband is terrible for that, you have to force him to go to the doctor! If I was nearby I would totally offer to help out! :)

Definitely is good to get it out - that's why this thread is a lifesaver! I haven't had too many problems with being hormonal but when I was at work and exhausted all the time I would feel down so often for no reason whatsoever - that has evened out now that I can sleep when I need. Hopefully a bit of sleep will help you out and you'll feel more positive in a day or two.

yup im marching him to the doctors tomorrow. Yeah fingers crossed,id kill for a good nights sleep. Thanks murdy x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jackbrad

The biggest moan I've got is not being pregnant :-( enjoy you lucky ladies and make the most of it xx

• Advertisement

loubian wrote: »
    Have you ever read the "what my child said/did today that made me smile" on the parenting thread? Its sure to make you smile :)

Nothing on that thread can beat the comments from my little terror today :) Came up to me "I made a mess mommy." "Go clean it." "But I'm the messer, your the cleaner mommy, you're my slave!" Equal parts hilarious and depressing! Googled that cat and got out of my blues. Love that damn animal!

Went for a shower there to relax, no hot water. In the words of the teenagers, FML. I think it is time for bed.

Nothing on that thread can beat the comments from my little terror today :) Came up to me "I made a mess mommy." "Go clean it." "But I'm the messer, your the cleaner mommy, you're my slave!" Equal parts hilarious and depressing! Googled that cat and got out of my blues. Love that damn animal!

Went for a shower there to relax, no hot water. In the words of the teenagers, FML. I think it is time for bed.

your 'terror' sounds hilarious :) i can't wait for all the funny innocence of children! my niece is just over two and is a little devil! she's knows how to play you! but she's still hilarious!

good idea! enjoy your sleep and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for all of us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

I am so annoyed with myself:mad: I had my hospital appointment this morning, im 34weeks +4 and every question I had in my head to ask the doc swiftly exited my head as soon as I was asked if I had any questions!!

Also, my sample came back with +1 protein and +2 leukocytes so it is being sent off as there is a possibility of a kidney infection so I went on the dreaded google and managed to read all the negative things a third trimester kidney infection can do to baby!! Seriously you'd swear i had nothing better to do with my day than freak myself out!!!

I should probably write down my questions in future:(!!

Cant26 I had the same last test I had done few weeks back and it had glucose too they said I'll prob have a big baby as I'm showing signs of gestational diabetes. Turns out my pee test a week ago was normal and I had anomaly scan two weeks back baby is the average size not large in any way so what they thought was just pointless stress for me. Just wait until there's another test done or results come back iv realised throughout that my tests go up and down but everything turns out fine. Google is the work of evil and I'm guilty of it too when I was told baby has kidney cysts. Which was false also!
    Try not work yourself up

I know in the grand scheme of things it's petty, but I have a pretty nasty little head cold at the moment. I can barely breathe and my heartburn is acting up. Overall I have nothing to complain about. But not being able to take anything for the cold is irritating, I was awake a lot with it last night. So tired today.

I know in the grand scheme of things it's petty, but I have a pretty nasty little head cold at the moment. I can barely breathe and my heartburn is acting up. Overall I have nothing to complain about. But not being able to take anything for the cold is irritating, I was awake a lot with it last night. So tired today.

I was told by the doc in the hospital we're allowed to have Lemsip... Dunno if you would find it helpful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Manuka honey, lemon and hot water. I swear it stopped many colds from getting any worse during this pregnancy.

I was told by the doc in the hospital we're allowed to have Lemsip... Dunno if you would find it helpful!

Yeah, I was told that too, but I don't want to be taking loads of paracetamol for just a head cold you know?
    Manuka honey, lemon and hot water. I swear it stopped many colds from getting any worse during this pregnancy.

Yeah, I was thinking that. We all have it so I'll be making him a hot whiskey later, I was wondering if I could do a no alcohol version for me.

Interesting - my husband is currently dying of a cold (as men tend to) and he's worried about giving it to me. I was thinking oh god, if he does I won't be able to take anything. That's good to know in case I do get his illness (fingers crossed I don't!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Worst 2 days ever at work - shattered! So stressful! I'm totally glad Saturday is my last day - haven't had a chance to sit in last 2 days and my bump is aching!
    2 more days and that is it! Poor baby!
    Have hosp appt Tom and I'm looking forward to seeing my gorgeous girl!

Advertisement