Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Take care of yourself DL and focus on that little girl who's nearly ready to meet you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I got a tight pulling muscle ache behind my belly button, i have got it before, n I can't stretch during it - could this be Braxton hicks, or just another weird symptom of pregnancy? It could also be the baby moving/kicking that certain area!! :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Take care of yourself DL and focus on that little girl who's nearly ready to meet you.

Oh I know and she is obviously the most important thing as are all of my family but I just really am under such pressure at the mo there's nothing I can do :(
    But it's only 2 more days and then I can focus totally on her! I have to organise everything now so I can have a few weeks of peace now and after she's born so I can just snuggle and love her before I have to consider the outside world! But if I don't please I'll be in for a rude awakening within a week or two of her birth! I have other ppl who rely on on me for their wages so I have to make sure I'm ready for myself and for them. Everything just seems to be happening at once tho :(
    Still - I'm so so excited a obout meeting my precious girl and weirdly feel I will bond with her quicker than my first gorgeous babe. I think first item around I was so shocked and ovwhelmed by the section that It took me a few weeks to understand she was mine even tho I loved her straight away! This time I can almost anticipate the smell and feel of her, I can't wait to hold her regardless of how she comes out!!!!!

loubian wrote: »
    I got a tight pulling muscle ache behind my belly button, i have got it before, n I can't stretch during it - could this be Braxton hicks, or just another weird symptom of pregnancy? It could also be the baby moving/kicking that certain area!! :-P

I've had a sharp pain behind my belly button before - like as if the baby is pulling on something! My braxton hicks tend to be more like period pains!

Pregnancy does the oddest things to u!!

It must be tough running your own business as the pressure is all on you. Two more days and you can put your feet up and rest.

I know what you mean about the bonding. I think maybe it's because the first time around it was a huge shock to the system. I had a natural birth so physically I had quick recovery but I was totally unprepared for those early weeks. I think I was shell shocked and terrified. This time around I'm definitely taking it in my stride more even before the birth. I'm even excited!

• Advertisement

It must be tough running your own business as the pressure is all on you. Two more days and you can put your feet up and rest.

I know what you mean about the bonding. I think maybe it's because the first time around it was a huge shock to the system. I had a natural birth so physically I had quick recovery but I was totally unprepared for those early weeks. I think I was shell shocked and terrified. This time around I'm definitely taking it in my stride more even before the birth. I'm even excited!

I think first time I expected to recognise her... I don't know why!!! I was so shocked when she had a big mop of hair and I realised she want what I expected and I really just didn't know her from looking at her! I kept just staring at her wondering how on earth I could not recognise my own baby!! This time I know of course I won't recognise her in that way but I just can't wait to see her and see what she looks like!! Totally different perspective! Last time I think I almost felt guilty for not recognising her - whereas this time I know it's daft to expect to! Now every day she shows more familiar behaviour - She acts like us, looks exactly like me, goes on in the funniest little ways! I just can't wait to see what this little one is like!!

This is a moan but one that i laugh at - this baby is a lunatic!!!! Soooooo much more active than herself!! Makes it a little scary as she's not exactly laid back herself! I swear she's constantly on the move, and kicking and squirming and wriggling!

Our son came out with a head of red hair!!! We're both dark haired so that was an unexpected surprise! He still has it and I totally love it. It's such a part of his personality but we weren't expecting it!

He was also the image of my husband's dad as in a mini me which was a bit bizarre! He's bald so the likeness was even more striking.

I just hope this baba is a daddy's boy/girl. I've only got two legs and one of them has my little fella permanently attached to it. He's like my shadow these days.

Our son came out with a head of red hair!!! We're both dark haired so that was an unexpected surprise! He still has it and I totally love it. It's such a part of his personality but we weren't expecting it!

He was also the image of my husband's dad as in a mini me which was a bit bizarre! He's bald so the likeness was even more striking.

I just hope this baba is a daddy's boy/girl. I've only got two legs and one of them has my little fella permanently attached to it. He's like my shadow these days.

Awww! I love red hair - it's on our family so maybe this time!

My mrs is so independent I could do with a clingy one!! Haha! Although lately she has been a lot more demanding of my time! She's so close to walking tho I'd say she'll be a nightmare to keep a hold of once she gets going!!!

I'm dying for the time to be up and to be holding her now! Hopefully u don't have too long to wait HS as your first in line ...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

My moan today is I was awake super early and went onto boards and it was closed for maintenance :-( what to do lien down when ya can't sleep and no boards for company!!! Grrr!

Back now though

Still no sleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

dublinlady wrote: »
    This is a moan but one that i laugh at - this baby is a lunatic!!!! Soooooo much more active than herself!! Makes it a little scary as she's not exactly laid back herself! I swear she's constantly on the move, and kicking and squirming and wriggling!

I can sympathise here DL, and I feel bad moaning about it haha! Always been an active baby but the last few nights it feels like she's losing her reason in there, the movements are non stop, resulting in me getting to sleep at about 5.30am! I hope she is gearing up to make her grand entrance in the next few days but fear not and can only assume she is a bit of a night owl. She was going so crazy last night I was amazed my waters didn't break haha (mores the pity).

Happy last day at work too, almost the end for you!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I hear ya ladies, I had to get up at 2am and walk around to try and get baby to sleep. He was like an octopus in there! I was walking up and down the hall ! It kind of worked but made me laugh, I've got 11 weeks left, what is he going to be like at night when he's born?!

Haha it was about 2am I was trying to reason with her that given she must have next to no room left she would have much more fun mucking about on the outside....nothing!

I would love a little peak inside my tummy sometimes, amazing to think what they're up to in there!

There must've been something in the air last night. I also had a terrible nights sleep and was constantly tossing and turning. I kept dreaming that I was in labour but it was only a dream :(

I brought my little fella to the Phoenix Park this morning and he was just super cute. I got a decaf cappuccino and he had a baby cino with marshmallows and he was delighted with himself. Drinking out of a proper cup and all! Ok that's not a moan!

Happy sleeps to everyone for tonight!!!!

HS - a baby cino!!! Ahhhh soo cute!!

Well while I'm on 'my last day at work' I bloody did it again!! I f&cked up the rota and now working 2 evenings next week!!! I'm actually just a bit thick!! I have officially handed over rota duty as clearly I am an incompetent ejit at this stage!!! Good news is whatever way the hormones have me I'm finding it all very amusing....!! 2 days ago I'd have cried for 7 hrs..!!
    'twas a bad week for me this week - lots of stress culminating in my second ever panic attack on thurs night... :( but weirdly I feel alot better since - was wrecked yest tho! Hubbie minded me and I was at the hosp anyway and doc reassured me that baby doing great - still head down and while not down in pelvis she's fairly fixed at the rim? Not sure what that means but he thinks she's very unlikely to flip now anyway!

So while I'm moaning... Cos it's sooo therapeutic ... I'm actually on the better side of a bad week! I hate hormones!!

I must of been the only one to have a long sleep last night! I went to bed at 1 and slept til 12, I only remember waking once.... BUT it seems to have had no effect on my energy! I went out looking at cots n car seats n I'm absolutely shattered, feel weak n head n neck are killing me :( probably slept too long :-P

Good day for the Phoenix Park HS, I am drinking in the sunshine, it is glorious!!

DL I am sorry to hear you mucked up the rota but glad you can laugh about it, you are nearly there :)

Loubian, as pregnant women we are destined to never be happy, too much sleep, not enough sleep, we're all the same haha

I am going to a hen tonight and beyond caring I look like a baby elephant, may aswell be out and about as I won't sleep. If you see on the news a woman is winched out of a seat in Dicey Reillys and stretchered off to Holles Street at least you can put a face to the name :D

It's amazing what a bit of sunshine will do for your mood.

DL boo on the two nights working next week but good news that the baby won't be turning.

Digs enjoy your night out.

We've friends coming for dinner so am going to get cracking on that now. I actually forgot they were coming even though I text them yesterday to check :S

Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts ladies!

Mini moan - I'd murder a vodka and tonic! But not long to go now before I'm sipping them again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Dear Jesus, I just walked the legs off myself, have been out and about all day today. The OH had his first 5km run so myself and the wee man went to support him, he made it. But then made us spend the day in town afterwards, which in itself was fine, but a hyper child and a easily worn out me means I am now in agony. My legs and back hurt :( Nothing new for a pregnant woman obviously.

This cold is killing me, 3 night no sleep and weird as hell dreams!!!! Pizza and a good movie tonight me thinks! And I have a little divil kicking the bejaysus out of me nightly too. I love knowing it's doing well, but darn it. I want to sleep!

And HS, I would kill for a Pina Colada!!!! Mouth is dripping at the thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Cant26 I had the same last test I had done few weeks back and it had glucose too they said I'll prob have a big baby as I'm showing signs of gestational diabetes. Turns out my pee test a week ago was normal and I had anomaly scan two weeks back baby is the average size not large in any way so what they thought was just pointless stress for me. Just wait until there's another test done or results come back iv realised throughout that my tests go up and down but everything turns out fine. Google is the work of evil and I'm guilty of it too when I was told baby has kidney cysts. Which was false also!
    Try not work yourself up

Thanks SS! TBH think I was just being a hormonal crazy lady on Thursday. I knew I was totally over reacting but I just fed into it. Im glad everything came back clear for you and that the cysts on the kidneys was a false alarm. That must've been really scary. Hormones and google can really mess with your head!!

Think I can top all my previous moans! I was goin out the back garden just about half 8 this evenin and I misjudged the two steps out the back door and I took a rough fall but managed to put all my weight on my knee and wrist but I did a bit of damage got few stitches and my blood pressure is up. Thankfully and most important I protected bump and heartbeat is perfect and head engaged! Just gotta go in tomorrow to check blood pressure again!

Feel so stupid I blame lack of sleep just been having a backward day

• Advertisement

Just ate a huge bar of chocolate all to myself! This baby likes chocolate!

Wide awake at 1.39!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Think I can top all my previous moans! I was goin out the back garden just about half 8 this evenin and I misjudged the two steps out the back door and I took a rough fall but managed to put all my weight on my knee and wrist but I did a bit of damage got few stitches and my blood pressure is up. Thankfully and most important I protected bump and heartbeat is perfect and head engaged! Just gotta go in tomorrow to check blood pressure again!

Oh Jesus, SS, I'd say that hurt! You poor thing - glad everything's okay. Mind yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Oh god! That sounds so nasty, you poor thing! What an awful fright you must have got.
    Look after yourself now, and start demanding the tlc! X

Worst part I didn't get crutches and I can't walk without serious pain and goin to the toilet was hard enough at 40 weeks pregnant up and down the stairs. Didn't sleep very well because the only way I could lie was on my back and that's painful in other ways with my belly

SS you poor thing. That's really the last thing you needed.

My moan is my b*tch of a neighbour (I used a few more choice words earlier this morning) decided to have a full on party at 4.30am.

I've been awake since 5 and our son was woken by the noise at 5.30. I'm still fuming and waiting to calm down before I ring her landlord. I've let it go so many times as its not the first party she's had but enough is enough with a little baba on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Oh SS, you must have got an awful fright!! I hope you heal up quick and aren't in too much pain.

I would not be happy about a party at 4.30am at all! I regularly hear our neighbours come in at 3/4am on a Saturday night but at least they don't have parties after that. Hope the landlord can help!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Vomiting and cramps. On my day off. Ugh :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

SS you poor thing. That's really the last thing you needed.

My moan is my b*tch of a neighbour (I used a few more choice words earlier this morning) decided to have a full on party at 4.30am.

I've been awake since 5 and our son was woken by the noise at 5.30. I'm still fuming and waiting to calm down before I ring her landlord. I've let it go so many times as its not the first party she's had but enough is enough with a little baba on the way.

It may be passive-aggressive in the extreme, but I've found, from many years of inconsiderate neighbours, that the ONLY way of getting the point across is:
    (a) wait until approx 8am until the party dies down and the party-goers fall into a drunken sleep
    (b) get out of bed, get family up and pack car for a day out
    (c) select/download the most screechingly awful song you can (death metal works well here, as does appalling Irish country music)
    (d) put said song on play-repeat, turn CD player up to full volume and full bass and turn speakers towards the wall
    (e) leave house. Return 9 hours later.

Guarantee that'll get the message across!

nikpmup I like that idea!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misspumpqueen

Are any other new mums-to-be starting to freak out? I am :( starting to think what the hell am i going to do when this baby is born :( i know i posted a whole thread about the father being a jerk and trying to force me into a relationship and what not, and he has finally disappeared, but i'm a bit pissed off because he won't be taking responsbility. and while i know i won't be giving him any guardianship rights, and i suppose that gives me no right to be annoyed at him for not taking responsibility, ahh i am just annoyed. i think i am annoyed in general because my friends aren't as supportive as they could be.. i tell them i'm scared of bringing the baby up by myself, and they tell me i have friends and family.. yes i understand that i do, i appreciate that i do, but it is me that will be bringing her up, my decisions, my money :( n they don't understand :( i think sometimes i expect too much from people aswell and end up getting annoyed. this post might seem very hypocritical... i'm just all over the place at the moment :/
    do i sound quite selfish in this post? maybe i'm overlooking the help i actually am getting??

Advertisement