Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Are any other new mums-to-be starting to freak out? I am :( starting to think what the hell am i going to do when this baby is born :( i know i posted a whole thread about the father being a jerk and trying to force me into a relationship and what not, and he has finally disappeared, but i'm a bit pissed off because he won't be taking responsbility. and while i know i won't be giving him any guardianship rights, and i suppose that gives me no right to be annoyed at him for not taking responsibility, ahh i am just annoyed. i think i am annoyed in general because my friends aren't as supportive as they could be.. i tell them i'm scared of bringing the baby up by myself, and they tell me i have friends and family.. yes i understand that i do, i appreciate that i do, but it is me that will be bringing her up, my decisions, my money :( n they don't understand :( i think sometimes i expect too much from people aswell and end up getting annoyed. this post might seem very hypocritical... i'm just all over the place at the moment :/
    do i sound quite selfish in this post? maybe i'm overlooking the help i actually am getting??

I look like a pubescent teenager for the last 4 months, my face is in bits.

As for the father thing, it is understandable. You like to think that regardless of the situation with the two of you, he would be willing to help and be there for your child.

As for friends, they are not obliged to do anything, but it is very comforting feeling like you at least have their help if needed and that you are not alone, especially as a single mother or a mother with a partner who is away for long periods time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

FFS. So frigging itchy.

Mostly my legs right now but it's driving me bonkers. Off to the doc tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Das Kitty wrote: »
    FFS. So frigging itchy.

Mostly my legs right now but it's driving me bonkers. Off to the doc tomorrow.

Me too! I thought I was going mad! My shins are all scratched... Think I'll have to go au natural for a while, shaving seems to make it worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Itching is the worst. Had it really badly at night for a few weeks a while back. Plenty of moisturiser was the only thing that helped me, lots and lots of silcocks base. But it drove me insane. Then it just stopped.

But impt to get checked by doc as some itching can mean liver issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Worst sleep the last two nights with my leg sore iv been putting all my weight on my right side and my hip is goosed really sore and when it comes to lying down that's the only side I can lie but baby doesn't like it so keeps me awake all night and if I switch to my back the bump is heavy and hurts me then I sit up and just can't sleep that way!! My head is killing me and my energy is shot anyway from been pregnant! I just want sleep a little bit just few hours but nope 20 mins and I'm awake for ages

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

I had pizza at about 9 last night. My own fault but woke up with vomiting and diarrhea at around 4 , eventually fell asleep at 7 on the sofa. When i woke up my back was in bits.... So just had a shower and back in bed....

Like you Das Kitty the itching is sobad. It comes out so fast :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Worst sleep the last two nights with my leg sore iv been putting all my weight on my right side and my hip is goosed really sore and when it comes to lying down that's the only side I can lie but baby doesn't like it so keeps me awake all night and if I switch to my back the bump is heavy and hurts me then I sit up and just can't sleep that way!! My head is killing me and my energy is shot anyway from been pregnant! I just want sleep a little bit just few hours but nope 20 mins and I'm awake for ages

Synyster u poor thing :( that sounds so awful :( it's bad enough without adding an injury to the mix!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

E45 seems to have helped. I thought I moisturised my legs after yesterday's shower, but I might not have in retrospect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Hope you get some sleep soon SS - it really makes such a difference! Everything seems crap when you're tired.

I got my husband's cold so I'm all blocked up with a sore throat. I kept waking up being really short of breath during the night and I'm finding I really have to take deep breaths now. Baby's feet are under my ribs and I know shortness of breath is common in third trimester but it's a bit scary :(

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I got my husband's cold so I'm all blocked up with a sore throat. I kept waking up being really short of breath during the night and I'm finding I really have to take deep breaths now. Baby's feet are under my ribs and I know shortness of breath is common in third trimester but it's a bit scary :(

I know the feeling MW, we all had it here. I was like Darth Vader, hardly able to breath. I could imagine with a baby right up under the ribs would be even less comfortable.

My moan is a odd one. I was changing my son's bed sheets and turning his mattress this morning. Now he has a cotbed, meaning his cot converts into a bed that does until he is 5, so it is light and his mattress is light and soft, and I tend to bend the mattress to fold the sheets under it rather than bending too much, or I kneel because it is close to the floor.

I heard banging on my front door. Nigh on frantic, so I slowly get up and walk to the door...... My neighbour starts yelling me. "You're pregnant, what the hell do you think you are doing? I was looking in your window and I saw you cleaning, where is your lazy boyfriend?" I was so shocked I just stared at her!

I am a ground floor apartment, with wooden blinds, so she had to be staring in to see me. And as for calling my OH lazy, she doesn't even raise her child or clean her house, he does full days work, something she would have to Google!!!! :mad: Who the hell does she think she is!!!! Nosy bítch. I know she thought she was being nice, but ffs, not everyone is as useless as her!!! I would never risk the baby, so if I couldn't do something I would wait for him to come home and ask him, but a light little mattress, and looking in my windows at me. I am so fricken mad!!!!:mad:

/rant sorry for going off the handle.

• Advertisement

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I know the feeling MW, we all had it here. I was like Darth Vader, hardly able to breath. I could imagine with a baby right up under the ribs would be even less comfortable.

My moan is a odd one. I was changing my son's bed sheets and turning his mattress this morning. Now he has a cotbed, meaning his cot converts into a bed that does until he is 5, so it is light and his mattress is light and soft, and I tend to bend the mattress to fold the sheets under it rather than bending too much, or I kneel because it is close to the floor.

I heard banging on my front door. Nigh on frantic, so I slowly get up and walk to the door...... My neighbour starts yelling me. "You're pregnant, what the hell do you think you are doing? I was looking in your window and I saw you cleaning, where is your lazy boyfriend?" I was so shocked I just stared at her!

I am a ground floor apartment, with wooden blinds, so she had to be staring in to see me. And as for calling my OH lazy, she doesn't even raise her child or clean her house, he does full days work, something she would have to Google!!!! :mad: Who the hell does she think she is!!!! Nosy bítch. I know she thought she was being nice, but ffs, not everyone is as useless as her!!! I would never risk the baby, so if I couldn't do something I would wait for him to come home and ask him, but a light little mattress, and looking in my windows at me. I am so fricken mad!!!!:mad:

Ugh - nosy neighbours,we have those too. Although I don't think they realise I'm pregnant yet which I'm happy about.

Such a strange thing for her to get involved in as well, pregnant women can still clean. I was in our nursery turning mattresses and putting sheets on etc the other day. It's not like you were heaving sacks of coal up the stairs. Some people just have too much time on their hands. Also, you're home with your older one and your partner is studying - of course you'd be the one doing the cleaning. How does that make him lazy? Some people are just so strange!

Still having trouble breathing so in bed keeping myself propped up. Husband is getting worried and keeps texting me asking if my lips have gone blue :rolleyes: He's been consulting Dr Google. It's just an unfortunate combination of third trimester and baby squishing my ribs and a cold. Not fun though!

Sure, don't you realise that as soon as you become pregnant you are public property?! Any/all private information is for public consumption?!! I was asked yesterday if we had been having more sex than normal the month I conceived?!? :rolleyes: I fully expect judgement on all activities, unasked-for medical "expertise" being shoved down my throat at any given moment, and the classic, "are you allowed that?" when eating/drinking anything in view of other people. It'll be a long six months!

nikpmup wrote: »
    Sure, don't you realise that as soon as you become pregnant you are public property?! Any/all private information is for public consumption?!! I was asked yesterday if we had been having more sex than normal the month I conceived?!? :rolleyes: I fully expect judgement on all activities, unasked-for medical "expertise" being shoved down my throat at any given moment, and the classic, "are you allowed that?" when eating/drinking anything in view of other people. It'll be a long six months!

I actually laughed out loud at that - who on earth asked you if you were having more sex than normal when you conceived?!

Yep - being public property is pain. People feel they have a right to comment on everything!

Someone in work - she's a bit of a nosy bint at the best of times, she had just heard that I'm pregnant and was bombarding me with questions. Dope :rolleyes:

nikpmup wrote: »
    Someone in work - she's a bit of a nosy bint at the best of times, she had just heard that I'm pregnant and was bombarding me with questions. Dope :rolleyes:

Lol - that's a new one for me. Haven't been asked that one even by my close friends, let alone colleagues. :)

Now I'm intrigued about all your sex lives :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I'm exhausted :( in work wh no windows, no air con, melting in my chair, I have no concentration, I have no energy, but am afraid to ask to go home :( on the plus side, baby's very active today :)

I haven't had anyone ask me rude questions like that yet :-P maybe its only a matter of time!

I actually laughed out loud at that - who on earth asked you if you were having more sex than normal when you conceived?!

Yep - being public property is pain. People feel they have a right to comment on everything!

I have gotten from one or two people "Is it true you get hornier when you are pregnant. Do you find you are?" Why would anyone ask that?

And if one more person I don't really know starts rubbing my belly, I may smack them. I would not see myself as close with this woman, but she has an opinion on everything (as many do) about what you should do, I shouldn't get another section my doctors shouldn't allow it..... with a low placenta I may have little choice, and I will listen to the qualified professionals thank you, not some "natural is the only proper way" idiot. A safe delivery of baby is the only proper way!!! :mad: She gets her daughter to run up to me and pull up my top to feel the baby kick. Not once asking me is it okay or anything, and her child is younger than mine so she is not gentle, nearly winded me the other day! I am just so sick of her, she really thinks she can just come around and yell at me in my doorway about what I do in my own home.

I am finding myself getting more breathless doing certain jobs, I would never attempt a proper mattress now, I know I would strain myself, but ffs stop curtain twitching and leave people live their lives!!! I just feel violated she was staring in my window too. I mean there is a walled area outside my apartment and my wooden blinds so you can hardly see in, so she really had to be staring. It sort of weirded me out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Still having trouble breathing so in bed keeping myself propped up. Husband is getting worried and keeps texting me asking if my lips have gone blue :rolleyes: He's been consulting Dr Google. It's just an unfortunate combination of third trimester and baby squishing my ribs and a cold. Not fun though!

Murdy steam is the best i found for helping you breathing, head over a hot basin and towel over the head.feel better soon, its no fun. x

sunshiner wrote: »
    Murdy steam is the best i found for helping you breathing, head over a hot basin and towel over the head.feel better soon, its no fun. x

Also remember all decongestants are not suitable for pregnant women, neither is olbus oil. And the only safe nasal spray are the saline only ones available for infants..... It's been a rough Spring in my house!

The pharmacist told hubby Olbas oil and lemsip are ok but not sudafed or anything like that - wouldn't give him anything else.

I fricking hate lemsip. Would rather be stuff!

Thanks Sunshiner, will try steam later on.

• Advertisement

The pharmacist told hubby Olbas oil and lemsip are ok but not sudafed or anything like that - wouldn't give him anything else.

I fricking hate lemsip. Would rather be stuff!

Thanks Sunshiner, will try steam later on.

I was told it wasn't, but sure, this sort of thing happens all the time, I was shocked it wasn't. The steam is good, that and some saline spray, but only works for about an hour or two!

Hot water, honey, lemon and cloves. Delicious and I felt it helped. Lemsip is rancid, but after two days of suffering I took it less than an hour before going to bed to get at least a little restful sleep. I added honey though to sweeten it.

I was told it wasn't, but sure, this sort of thing happens all the time, I was shocked it wasn't. The steam is good, that and some saline spray, but only works for about an hour or two!

Hot water, honey, lemon and cloves. Delicious and I felt it helped. Lemsip is rancid, but after two days of suffering I took it less than an hour before going to bed to get at least a little restful sleep. I added honey though to sweeten it.

Yeah, you get differing opinions on everything when it comes to pregnancy, it's mad. I'm happy enough to take it anyway but wouldn't with most other things.

Must try some honey in lemsip and see if it helps - I just find it quite hard on the tummy and I've spent enough time over the last few months being nauseous and vomiting!

I get relief when the baby moves (I can feel his little feet pounding away) so the breathlessness is mostly down to baby, I'd say. Cold is just making it worse!

I get relief when the baby moves (I can feel his little feet pounding away) so the breathlessness is mostly down to baby, I'd say. Cold is just making it worse!

I find that when the baby pushes rather than kicks, it is harder to breathe. I know it is only stretching, but it seems like I am sighing and huffing a lot, my OH doesn't know if I am just breathing or in a mood :D your little one is bigger so I can imagine it is even more uncomfortable! I found it so angering that I was so tired and worn because of the cold, but I could barely breathe or anything. My eyes were watering so badly too!

Yep - colds and pregnancy are not a good combination! I'm still not as bad as my husband though. Man flu at it's worst, he's feeling very sorry for himself! :p

Just read up on Olbas oil, in case anyone is interested and it's not been tested on pregnant women so they advise not to use it when pregnant or breastfeeding on their website - some docs/midwives/pharmacists still recommend it though so I think given how out of breath I am it's worth using. Looks like it's worse when you're breastfeeding. Just one of those things you need to weigh up, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

eucalyptus oil is what i used. its brill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

So decided to stop my leg gettin stiff by been off it even though I cook and all that so I ain't fully resting (ment to with blood pressure) and I went for a walk with hubby and the dog. It was goin great and I was taken it at my own pace until I noticed the donkey down the road broke out. I live in a village on a busy main road so had to get him back into his field. Hubby was holding dog and I called the donkey which happily came over and let me pet him then in a sec ran as he knew I was gonna catch him (clever animals) so off he goes on the road in front of car's which all kept goin never mind the pregnant woman tryin to run with sore leg after a donkey. They wouldn let me cross the road after him nothin until buses stopped and blocked him and after few mins and hubby blocking the path we got him back in. I just can't understand people been so stuck up they couldn't stop the car which would ensure donkeys safety and help get him under control. One man rolled the window down and laughed. Another drove by as fast as he could no hesitation for safety likes. People can frustrate me at times my dog was more help even though the donkey seemed to wanna play with him he'd never make a good hearding dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hope you get some sleep soon SS - it really makes such a difference! Everything seems crap when you're tired.

Das kitty the menthol aveeno quite good for itchy skin too!

I'm with ya on the breathing murdy! Twice in 2 days , if I've been busy, I've gotten really short on breath and then a little dizzy!

Think I've out my back out a little - had managed a month without the chiropractor but think ill have to fit in another visit! Dunno what he'll be able do considering the size of me now!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Really bad low back pain tonight, abdominal pain, braxton hicks, pelvic pain...not comfortable at all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I'm not an accountant, so working in an accountant's office can sometimes be a bit of a challenge. After spending nearly two weeks on a project, i thought i had finished it only to be told to fix things. I don't mind too much because it's only a few things and when i'm done that, it will all be finished for review. But had to go through it with my supervisor which meant leaning over a desk trying to view what she was doing for the last hour. Now my head and neck are in agony. I don't want to take painkillers so am trying to subtly stretch my neck without looking like i'm crazy!!! All the numbers going through my head have made me confused too!! Oh the joys of work!!!

• Advertisement

loubian wrote: »
    I'm not an accountant, so working in an accountant's office can sometimes be a bit of a challenge. After spending nearly two weeks on a project, i thought i had finished it only to be told to fix things. I don't mind too much because it's only a few things and when i'm done that, it will all be finished for review. But had to go through it with my supervisor which meant leaning over a desk trying to view what she was doing for the last hour. Now my head and neck are in agony. I don't want to take painkillers so am trying to subtly stretch my neck without looking like i'm crazy!!! All the numbers going through my head have made me confused too!! Oh the joys of work!!!

How many weeks have you left before mat leave? That might make you feel better :)

I just tried to deal with my out of control lady garden area and it proved very difficult. Bump meant that I couldn't see what I was doing. God knows what it looks like now! The awkwardness of pregnancy! Are most of you planning to get a wax before your due date or just go au natural? The midwife told us that we did not need to shave or anything but I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that!

Advertisement